Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-10-2016, 05:05 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]I find this more of a political stunt rather than solving actual issues. Or at least a decision that is poorly thought out with a very narrow target audience of two people.

While we have theoretical problems as ability to engage without RP ( Wilde ), broken IDs that are not being fixed for a month, event requests that are not being hosted for four months, people on probation/temp ban posting ooRP crap and other issues that are more common and more important than 2 furry fans.

While I won't go to the extremes Snak is here, the sentiment is pretty valid to be honest. There are much bigger fish to fry, more pressing matters than a nearly harmless disconnect between what the community will accept and what some community members choose to do with their spare time, and I'd be happy to show you all some much more immersion-breaking RP than this if you so wish.

Now, someone go make sure the sky isn't red and/or falling
(04-10-2016, 05:10 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2016, 05:05 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]I find this more of a political stunt rather than solving actual issues. Or at least a decision that is poorly thought out with a very narrow target audience of two people.

While we have theoretical problems as ability to engage without RP ( Wilde ), broken IDs that are not being fixed for a month, event requests that are not being hosted for four months, people on probation/temp ban posting ooRP crap and other issues that are more common and more important than 2 furry fans.

While I won't go to the extremes Snak is here, the sentiment is pretty valid to be honest. There are much bigger fish to fry, more pressing matters than a nearly harmless disconnect between what the community will accept and what some community members choose to do with their spare time, and I'd be happy to show you all some much more immersion-breaking RP than this if you so wish.

This is a day I didn't think would come. The day that I agree with Snak3, the day I finally said his name as it should.

Because he's right. This move was a targetted attack on two people, one of whom has spent years roleplaying and building up, who has brought up factions and watched their fall. We have broken IDs, we have many things being waited on and sanctions I'm pretty damn sure aren't filed and acted upon yet. We have months of requests I read in the FSR, we have people on probabtion who continually show they don't give a damn.

If you want that 1.0 rule update to promote transparency and fairness, then in that spirit of fairness I demand to know what instigated this shocking decree, who all did the voting and who voted yes, and who voted no.

I want to know every admin's ruling and know how much of a majority this actually was.

And, I want to know straight. How many player requests were submitted by people you knew very well were doing it for the wrong reasons?
Could we stop the "there are other issues, therefore we can ignore others"-attitude? It's a bad argument and you know it. The Admins made a decisision that, at least according to the reaction of many people and the previous many, many discussion threads, was adressing an issue. A "political stunt"? I don't know and don't think so. Yes, even with furries gone there are many immersion breaking things left on discovery. The outrage at the moment looks more like something that is completely unecessary. The greens merely specified something that should have been common sense already, something that you pointed out in discussions about this very topic multiple times Scourge.

EDIT:

A targeted attack at two people? Are you kidding me? I don't think highly of the Staff myself, but do you really believe that the Admins are that petty and narrow-minded? Do you really think that this is "victimizing" or "bullying"? It isn't. It is a specification of Roleplaying guidelines. It happened with ponies. Now with furries. I really don't understand the whole issue you guys have.
look at the facts.

it affects a handful of people. This decision if there ever was one to stay cannon to whatever RP meta disco has or had its too late now.

If furries bother you its your problem. They arent gluing fur to people and they arent forcing anyone to acknowledge it int he first place.

Snakes statements are more direct to it. But I hafe to literally say whoever thought this was a good idea should resign now.
I am speaking not as a moderator, but as a concerned player guys.

The fact this latest ban was done so 'hush-hush' like and without consulting the community and those who RP Furry sentients is disturbing. While I can understand for some issues there is a time to keep it 'under the hat' this was simply not one of those times.

Acting without even consulting the player base in this case was a mistake as it did not allow the players to even defend their role-play which they had spent much time in crafting and developing over months if not years. This will only serve to drive away those who want to role-play and if such bans continue we will be left with nothing but the 'Blue Hunters' and the 'Text Hunters' will die out.

I would ask the Administration as both a friendly player and a friend in general to those who play the game and love to roleplay to re-consider the Ban, re-examine it and permit those who have role-played these characters in an excellent manner to continue to do so as 'exemptions' as they have proven capable of not acting like a 12 - year old Catgirl Admiral flying around going 'Nyan!'.

- Tabris
(04-10-2016, 05:10 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: [ -> ]

I would of never made a post like this in my time here yet here I am and doing such. I personally spoke with those effected already by this and they are taking it more like a royal punch to the skull then a light slap as wanted, hell, when I hear a man had DRANK AN ENTIRE BOTTLE OF VODKA for the first time in 3 years and now all the money he spent is useless, It makes me personally wonder why this rule was EVER pushed through. I would of held back in Conrads sake, or many others time and time again, but this is beyond rushed, hell, the fact there is no damn grace time for people to change stuff, even OUT RIGHT STATING that ANY posts you find will be removed is damn well shocking.

Not even that, its freaking depressing, even for SOMEONE to outright state that 10 people posted about this in player requests and it passed then this being something the admins talked about WITH those THAT RP those furries to freaking begin with. I'm not speaking as the community here, I'm speaking for myself and here's my thoughs on this

Not only do I feel this is rushed, this is heavily targeted against a few players because others are offended at Furries being on discovery. Whatever one may say, I don't care in the least at this point, if your honestly going to sit back and tell me that in the next 2000+ years where space flight, cloaking tech and nanite tech is easily mass produced, where LANE NETWORKS can be hacked by PIRATES, where Corsairs and Outcasts started from nothing yet own THIER OWN EMPIRES, where Houses can go to WARS with war machines and fleets built up behind walls of bombs and mines, where AI's can emass fleets from awoken slumber after MANY years, where cyberetics are made SO EASILY. If your going to tell me that CRYER has NEVER TESTED on human life to see what the possible chances of things are, where by birth can be different due to planetary conditions and mutations and where even the slightest effects can change a person drastically over time, then dear god is this place dull

Edit: Sorry for the outright rudeness, but honestly, not even I was going to bite my tongue and remain silent on this one
(04-10-2016, 05:15 AM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]A targeted attack at two people? Are you kidding me? I don't think highly of the Staff myself, but do you really believe that the Admins are that petty and narrow-minded? Do you really think that this is "victimizing" or "bullying"? It isn't. It is a specification of Roleplaying guidelines. It happened with ponies. Now with furries. I really don't understand the whole issue you guys have.

Ponies were blatantly spammed in random ass places by the crazy bronies until corralled in flood permanently. They were ingame for what, two days while they spammed more memes then Jayce on meme.

Ponies never contributed to anything. SMI-Great Fox has contributed more to roleplay than most of us here, has fought for what he roleplayed and now to see fit to invalidate over seven years of roleplay NOW...

No, for years they were fine. People hated it but admins never once said it was against the rules, never once said it was wrong. But now, suddenly they are?

No, furries never were an epidemic as most made out. Yes Toris went too far at times but I've seen more roleplay and more working towards what he wanted then I've seen from many other people. I've seen more dedication for Cody Faulkner then I've seen with most other people, including some faction leaders.

Your predetermined notion that it breaks your immersion is fine. That's your opinion. Have it, keep it, flaunt it. They never cared, I don't care.

You have your fun, Bret has his, I have mine.

But here's the catch Char.

Bret was here first.
You guys are aware that the Admins read the forums as well? Yes, they didn't ask beforehand, but they did most certainly read the multiple threads about furries in RP, and opinions about it.

And as much as I understand that people and their RP are inseperable, and that being cut off can be incredibly hurtful, it is still a game. The people in this community have been aware of how the general stance toward furry RP has been. They have seen how many people hate on them and decide to ignore their RP. They have deliberately chosen to ignore this unwritten guideline that other members of the furry fandom could see and respect. This is not bullying, victimizing, driving people into alcoholism or whatever. Stop this farce as long as you can, please.

EDIT:

And the fact that Bret was here first gives his blatant disregard of unwritten guidelines and ignoring of common sense a sudden logic or justification?
Don't get me wrong, please. I don't mind furries, people that are into furries or the fandom in general. In my childhood, I was adoring StarFox and its games. But to roleplay a furry in a community that is factually opposing this decision openly, to the extent of some people actually hating (and I don't say this is acceptable behaviour, btw) on you, and then playing the victim card when the community finally tells you that your behaviour isn't better either, is just wrong.
Bret might have been fighting for his "right" to RP a furry. But in my opinion he shouldn't have. There's plenty of RP communities out there that accept furry RP, even embrace it. Sure, the drive to RP something exotic is normal, but it has boundaries, and these boundaries are either to be accepted or you have to live with the backlash.
Yeah, here is the difference though:

Ponies were posted ironically.
Furries were not.
Troll post invised. People who RP furries and those that support them are having a bad day. There is no need to start throwing stones at them.