Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shoutbox - BBCode disabled courtesy of Zwickau

That text is right above the shoutbox. Why is it there when it's clearly trial by forum? Members get told of for doing that. That staff aren't above us and abide to the same rules as we do so please, fix this.

Also, what is the point in disabling the BBcode? You're treating people like children. Leave it enabled and the novelty will ware off. If you keep disabling it and then re enabling it people are going to do the same thing. Just leave it on. If people want to post big things, get them to post in spoilers.
Snoopy is right on this one. The fact you are Admins does not put you above the laws set by yourself - trial by forum is bad, and you should feel bad.
(01-20-2016, 03:29 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it there when it's clearly trial by forum?

I uh... how can one trial by forum an ingame base?
[Image: 6cucI0H.png]
Oh dude, destroyed...^

Admin team seems to deal with things a bit slowly, and doesn't seem to listen to the players. -feedback
(01-20-2016, 03:29 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]That staff aren't above us

I wouldn't be too sure about that anymore, seeing how selectively they judge provided evidence when evaluating sanctions lately.
The second part of my post still stands.
Snoopy, FluffReborn: What the hell?

I abused the bbcode features of the shoutbox (rainbows, huge fonts, ya know) and the mods decided to put a funny message there related to my user title (REMEMBER ZWICKAU). There's nothing trial-by-forum about it, it's just a humorous message.

More importantly disabling bbcode was probably a good decision to go with, since it doesn't look like there is a way to disable things like changing size, font etc. People will play with the shoutbox bbcode and make a mess every 10 minutes otherwise.

Also everyone needs to chillax a bit. We're all getting way too worked up over nothing (sun)
and Mods: Gold star.
(01-20-2016, 04:59 PM)ichiru Wrote: [ -> ]Snoopy, FluffReborn: What the hell?

I abused the bbcode features of the shoutbox (rainbows, huge fonts, ya know) and the mods decided to put a funny message there related to my user title (REMEMBER ZWICKAU). There's nothing trial-by-forum about it, it's just a humorous message.

More importantly disabling bbcode was probably a good decision to go with, since it doesn't look like there is a way to disable things like changing size, font etc. People will play with the shoutbox bbcode and make a mess every 10 minutes otherwise.

Also everyone needs to chillax a bit. We're all getting way too worked up over nothing (sun)
and Mods: Gold star.

I love the irony in this, they defend you so to speak and you totally disagree with them... Classic right out of the cinema.

Also i like the idea that this makes the admins look like people (sun)
Please read some more of our group-chat ingame and then complain to the whole server via console message because what you read there affronted your ego.
Free advertisement though, thanks for that.
(01-24-2016, 09:35 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]Please read some more of our group-chat ingame and then complain to the whole server via console message because what you read there affronted your ego.
Free advertisement though, thanks for that.

Please be a nicer member. I don't think you realize how much of a short leash you are on.