Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-18-2017, 03:54 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]That should just let you know how the community has changed. Can you imagine in 2009 someone coming out and arguing that a cheater should be unbanned?
No. And I don't like this change. But I also don't like how things are just done without any word on it or any explanation that actually shows the people behind a decision can position themselves with arguments and facts provided. Unlike it's since quite a while.
And yes, I'm one of those to remember the discussions and talks the staff had with the community.

//Edit: And you'll remember too, you've seen it from both sides even.
Just poke regarding lock of laws thread:
(01-15-2017, 05:44 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Can some green tell us if adminteam is going to re-evaluate this decision, considering what was said here? Community even brought possible better solutions of the problem I think:

(01-13-2017, 01:46 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]The best alternative, I guess, would be making a thread that where people post their law's changelogs, so one can see the difference, without the very need of an approval. I think that's a fair compromise, as it avoids people making edits in their laws without anyone else noticing.

and/or

(01-13-2017, 12:03 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]why don´t lock just laws of those who misused them by assigning their law posts to admin account and thus they will need to make changes through player requests? Those who did nothing wrong can continue unhindered and adminteam will have less work to process. Isn´t this best solution for everyone?
Yeah I'd be good hearing something about it.
Last time admins locked stuff out of blue it didnt go well right? Listen the community for gods sake
As soon as we figure out if this plugin works, we will let you know. Basically it just gives a tiny little popup for marked threads showing a ''changelog'' if the post is edited and would allow us to look at what is what when we have a chance, rather than to have it go through us. Basically an automated version of what you guys suggested.

So, uh. Soon.
(01-18-2017, 10:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]...Basically it just gives a tiny little popup for marked threads showing a ''changelog'' if the post is edited and would allow us to look at what is what when we have a chance, rather than to have it go through us. Basically an automated version of what you guys suggested.
(01-13-2017, 10:58 AM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]...I'd rather like to see that those threads in question are automatically monitored and changes highlighted to the staff, so they can quickly figure out what was changed and see if it needs to be taken care of. And I've no idea if the forum software used is able to perform that.
(01-18-2017, 10:13 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017, 10:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]...Basically it just gives a tiny little popup for marked threads showing a ''changelog'' if the post is edited and would allow us to look at what is what when we have a chance, rather than to have it go through us. Basically an automated version of what you guys suggested.
(01-13-2017, 10:58 AM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]...I'd rather like to see that those threads in question are automatically monitored and changes highlighted to the staff, so they can quickly figure out what was changed and see if it needs to be taken care of. And I've no idea if the forum software used is able to perform that.

Yes, that is what we want to do.
?
That's kinda what the edit history plugin is for.

The admin interface aims to solve a problem much more complex than that.
(01-20-2017, 09:48 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that if i picked a faction name from one of his ships that was flagged it will feel uncomfortable as a faction leader but this should not affect your faction image at all, its meant to be directed at that member who modified the file.
Here's a pro-tip: then don't use faction tagged ships. There sure are others you could've chosen from. It maybe evades your understanding on the human psyche but an appearing faction tag in sanctions always draws unwanted attention along with an undesired judgement. Should that didn't evade your understanding, then I've some bad news for you.
(01-20-2017, 10:22 AM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2017, 09:48 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that if i picked a faction name from one of his ships that was flagged it will feel uncomfortable as a faction leader but this should not affect your faction image at all, its meant to be directed at that member who modified the file.
Here's a pro-tip: then don't use faction tagged ships. There sure are others you could've chosen from. It maybe evades your understanding on the human psyche but an appearing faction tag in sanctions always draws unwanted attention along with an undesired judgement. Should that didn't evade your understanding, then I've some bad news for you.

Reminds me how I stopped listening to prejudice from many people around me. Statements formed out of completely lacking information.
Then again, Disco is different I guess.

#MyGeneralRamblings