Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Orbital Spa and Cruise would like to inquire into the status of our Official ID and Forum Areas.

While we understand that at this time the Official ID will not differ from the independent ID its hard to hold the same level of smug satisfaction that Orbital has been known for while flying with a filthy independent ID

In order to ensure your prompt care and attention in this manner I've been instructed to offer the resident Overlord Admins a one time 10% off groupon, provided that Drobbe and Garrett are forced to share the same suite...in the steerage
Although I don't really care, this http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=138183 seems a bit too harsh.
Maybe some explanation on why admin team chose to completely erase faction from discovery instead of talking to its leadership and drawing a line between acceptable and non-acceptable roleplay?
(04-15-2016, 08:43 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Although I don't realy care, this http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=138183 seems a bit too harsh.
Maybe some explanation on why admin team chose to completely erase faction from discovery instead of talking to its leadership and drawing a line between acceptable and non-acceptable roleplay?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN! ...but not in a sexual way, pls!
Do the words "harmful to minors" mean anything to you?
The whole sex slave thing is weird.

Even as RP, it's weird. All the posts were ridiculously weird and I don't want to see that weird sh..stuff on this forum.
(04-15-2016, 08:43 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: [ -> ]Although I don't really care, this http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=138183 seems a bit too harsh.
I didnĀ“t see the violating content, but I tend to agree here. Guys apologized already, so if the harsh punishment was caused by single incident, the serious talk with establishing line about what is tolerated and what not sounds as better solution to me as well.
I find the actions against the Slavers union ininappropriate. Why there were no warning? Why the actions were so immediate? Was it a decision of an admin team in majority?

What makes some RP-related mistakes more criminal than others? Their content? Does it mean that there is no chance to justify oneself when "forbidden" themes (not materials, like in this case, I must admit) are brought up?

I find the actions taken against SU unfair and I feel disappointed in this action of an admin team.
I believe that mistakes are solved in another way. In this case, erasing a line from their post and sending a PM would be sufficient to correct said mistake.
examples will be made. There will be beheadings.

A severed head can talk right?

So i hate to make another connection to another community but this place is getting more like seconlife all the time.

ON one hand. I drift away from that stuff cause the whole ageplay shenanigans that happen there and here with people playing teens and such while not as prevalent as before... maybe because our players were kids.. and thier all grown up now. but honestly we all know what goes on and the admins can read the console so frankly. they can mull over that.

The issues at play here guys is that if thier so blatant about this subject, if advised to stop the concern and next thought is. if they still do it. "here" it will just be hidden or tucked away but still practiced thats why the snap back id typically so hard. Sure you should trust people to follow the rules but behaviour is evedence of actions and frankly some shits is too dark for people to give up.. OR trust them again with said material or rp..

if you were going toliterally remove days hours months years of work.. you might as well permaban them for eternity.
Doesent make it right or wrong. Its a personal judgement call. And while I appreciate the work and effort the su writer has put in... the admins here "halfed" the job.

you guys half alot of jobs. Total destruction. or none at all.

trust me its cleaner.

no really.. this isn't me trolling you guys like i usually do with complex ideas of thinking outside the box.. TLDR dudes who dont think this much have no business running anything.

(04-15-2016, 10:02 PM)ZOULOU1512 Wrote: [ -> ]1st: Neither of us knew that such sex slavery thing had already been a subject of discussion.(cut)

2nd: "You didn't just cross the line, you drove over it and kept going." As I said above, we didn't know this line. And we didn't received a warning, just a pure erase. So I don't figure out the "kept going".

I totally understand you're shocked and we, again, do apologize for it. We absolutely had no idea it would lead admins to feel disturbed so much. Any action that would lead to such feeling would have been prevented.... If we knew it

IF they knew sexslavery was vulgar.. in itself with kids.

IF they knew.

honestly? ... Really? When you have rp for all ages literally tattooed in the rules?

Kill it with fire.
I would just like to state that I started the Slaver's Union (again) over a year ago. With me and my best friend (who was the president of USI until he quit to join SU exclusively (and I wrote a story to explain it for him)) we worked to make this faction official. I wrote over 30,000 words and 100+ pages of stories for multiple characters, some not even played by me; our Slaver's Union account had three people trusted with the password, and over 1 mistake, without warning, they destroyed everything. I personally would have preferred a warning, probation, or even a temp-ban, but not completely removing my faction. If that's the case, they should just take Slaves out of the game as a commodity. Slavery is already an atrocity, and the description in-game even hints as sex slavery by pirates, so why be removed over a single post that could have easily been removed or edited? We would have done it, and I spent too much time on it to be for nothing. There are too many grey areas that we have to watch out for. A mistake was made, and we can't always make the right decision. The community is here to help us to make it, through warnings, feedback, and comments. Even sanctions. But erasing everything seems like overkill, especially after everything that went into this faction.
(04-15-2016, 10:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]...
We haven't banned you, but hopefully we have sent a clear message that everyone can read and understand.

Was there a need for such a public execution? I don't think so. It was a mistake but not a misbehavior.