Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The same question had been thoroughly answered several times over the previous days and again in that thread (which was amusingly ignored). Alley says she's formally retired now (demonstrated in the open source FLHook thread) and isn't a spokes(wo)man for the team any more.

The original query was amply and courteously addressed by active developers despite being both rude and packed full of unwarranted assumptions. I'd say Teerin's post here is a more than suitable response in light of that. Contrary to popular sentiment, the customer is only right when they are actually correct.
Lack of response in the hope that the thread can retain some value.
Calling community members customers implies their continuously paying for the service here - which they are not.
(01-01-2016, 05:45 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Calling community members customers implies their continuously paying for the service here - which they are not.

In the service industry all service users are referred to as customers. A client is simply a paying customer. Consequently all players are the mod's customers. It's a fairly meaningless distinction though, especially as a long standing principle here is that donations don't result in any preferential treatment.
No I didn't expect preferential treatment I expected an honest reply from developers who have turned aspects of the mod on it head, through autonomous development of core parts of the mod namely weapon mechanics in this instance without first community consultation.

"Oh dear community how do you feel about us nerfing your bread and butter weapon 'BS Cerbs' without us first asking you or offering alternative weapon in its place that would do the same job / similar job?"

Oh not very good actually everything has gone to pot but I guess I'll adapt...

Oh wait your experimenting with bomber weapons to the point 2 bombers could now bring down a bs without the need to use snacs.

That's where I flipped, cavalier modding even if only experimental is not how this mod should be developed.

Only to raise these points and then see a trolling picture posted by alley, just shows the dismissive nature of those in command.

Whether or not I averted the swear filter so be it I did not direct swear words at specific people only at the situation such as my point had to be put across swear words only reinforce my feelings of betrayal that I felt.

If only alley had posted her justification for such development that has taken place would the topic have been over.

As said earlier the topic is over no point in derailing this thread but already I have made my statement I won't be donating to discovery anymore, whatever donations I have already made you can keep since you earned it.

My cease of donations is a way of letting you know some of us aren't happy with how this mod is being conducted.
Regardless, your issue is with the Devs, not the Admins, so this is the wrong thread to post in.
(01-01-2016, 06:28 PM)Black Widow Wrote: [ -> ]Only to raise these points and then see a trolling picture posted by alley, just shows the dismissive nature of those in command.

Your raise points like a pewdiepie video, nobody will waste time properly answering a badly constructed post by an established bad member. Your post can be pictured as a child denied a toy by his mom at the supermarket. On top of that you act as if because you donated money to keep the community going you suddenly are above others and dev/admins have to treat you like a "respected member of the community" to quote you.

You are not above others and you never will, respect is earned and you will never buy it with money.

I'm really glad I'm leaving things in different hands (and hopefully someone will step up for FLHook) because I can assure you having to deal with people that are unable to properly read a thread and then burst into flames cause serious strain over time.

Change your attitude and become less demanding. You will see it's absolutely magical because people will suddenly reply to you in a normal fashion.
I see some injustice here. Carter has been banned for less. I think that he should be unbanned, or both him and Black Widow should share the same cell.
I think we all know how things are done on enthusiasm, or how they are not, I think we all know that we tolerate it for obvious reasons.
I see no reason to be as formal in demands of absolutely constructive and in-time reply to a specific question... I think we all shall be less demanding to each other and not forget that the gameplay is not a specific set of strict opportunities. Be more flexible.

And, Alley, we hope you to enjoy the RP with us on this side, so, we hope to see you in space.
Regarding interaction between the community members and the staff - be it the moderation team, admin team or devs, one thing we should keep in mind is that the reason why it looks rather unprofessional sometimes, where said staff members reply to questions with memes and pull off other actions that would be viewed as more scandalous than a sock drawer if done by devs or staff from companies such as EA or Steam, is due to how small our community has gotten.

It is so small that everyone knows everyone. Such attitude towards people is more or less reserved to groups of friends. Where you are supposed to ''know'' that no actual harm or mockery is really implied. Though tbh I cannot say if this was not implied in Widow's case, but I do not really know how this applies to mentally challenged people. Though I will point out that this sort of behavior might set off some warning lights for new players. Seeing such actions from community staff members is really not something you expect most of the time and the ''open-ness'' of the staff is probably far from the first explanation that comes to mind in that case.