Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-17-2017, 11:36 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]its a little over the limit, 3.225 pixels ,don't try to circumvent the limit by cropping the original into smaller pieces so it "fits" within limitations

[Image: bus_lg_school_efx_02.jpg]

Are you allowed to post/ride this bus or is it too long?
Are you freaking kidding me? I pointed out by posting exactly just that the name the person uses is already in a variation of it in use, without any further comment to it so he can make his own conclusions. If you get down to the core with it, it's stating a fact.
Get your damn priorities straight.

Actually, I'll give you that advice back, don't post for the sake of posting. Don't post at all. Stick to your behind the scenes work you obviously do for this mod and otherwise leave everything, and that means literally and technically -everything- that involves interaction with other players to someone else.

And work on your English before you next time dare to make fun of NoMe.

//Edit: As for the picture related issue:
Quote:2.Guidelines on Discovery forums:

2.1 Embedded pictures can't be wider than 700px
2.2 Signatures can't be larger than 700*250px and 1mb
There's no height mentioned for pictures in posts, as well as no size in MB. Also the staff is highly advised to gain an understanding of the features that actually embed a picture.
Somebody remove this cockhead from the admin team already plox
, the way you act seems to me like you just like to use your administrator powers for the sake of showing authority or slamming things you don't like. If that is the case I sincerely hope you'll reconsider that attitude as the community is already small enough and you bullying your way to stop people from having harmless fun is hardly going to help it blossom, in fact it's working the other way around.
Apart from having a good laugh reading through the thread, it's sad how low we set the bar for being an admin. All of this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Hannibal, don't take this personally but here's how things are. You lack english skills, social skills and knowledge about the game in general to be an admin. First is a minor issue as you're understandable most of the times, but the ~20% you aren't it can become problematic. You also put no effort in punctuation or capitalization in a serious discussion, something an admin should definitely be doing.

Second one is as obvious as the sky is blue. You've been rash, arrogant and rude towards community members and have shown you've no idea how to talk to them in a normal way, be it sanctions, rules, technical questions or a public discussion in general. Nyx's thread is yet another example of it. Third one is everything you as an admin do, be it voting on sanctions/perks, discussing a potential change, joining an existing discussion, questions and your "judgment call" about a problem that occurs. I'm nowhere near convinced about you having the ability to have a reasonable and accurate opinion about the things mentioned above. You have the technical knowledge to be an admin, and that's great. Your work on that matter is appreciated. However, it in no way justifies the horrible attitude you've shown in the past few months. Do us all a favor and stay away from any kind of a discussion or argue with community members, including sanctions (not counting modifying ini file sanctions), because you've shown your inability to handle them multiple times.

I thought we were supposed to go up from the "heavy decision admin team", which was arguably the worst in the history of the mod. Not looking at individuals, I'm sure there were a few good ones, but admin team as a whole. It all started when left the team somewhere in the beginning of May(?) last year, don't know for sure, and suddenly everything went downhill. It's not only related to the "heavy decision", but also the unnecessary and horribly executed change of the rules ("simpler" rules with an additional thread for clarification are already more complicated than the last iteration) and sanction processing (appeal subforum!?) as well as barely doing anything and being inactive in general (sanctions, activity checks etc. all took forever to process, faction status reports were straight up ignored).

We had people like and who later got kicked out of the team for being massive dicks and abusing admin powers. There's no changing that and all the negative impact they had, but it's supposed to learn you a lesson not to repeat the same mistake twice. Now I see being permabanned for writing "No, thank you." (Should Meph not have made that post? Sure, but don't tell me that justifies a perma.) and Hannibal going on his "I'm an admin you're nothing I'll act however I want and I don't care since you can't do anything about it, deal with it and sit down b**** lalalalala" attitude. Step up your game, because nobody wants you to become the heavy decision team v2.

It's sad because Spazzy's doing so much good work for which I am very grateful (and I'm sure most of the community is) and we have new, potentially good admins, but that's slowly becoming overshadowed by the bad decisions. Please don't let it happen.
Leave Garret out, go further back and give us an admin-team like we had in .84 and starting/mid .85 back.
Sure the work several admins do that contributes to the development of the server itself is appreciated and we'd not want to miss that, but everything else reached the point where lower would just be randomly banning without sanction (and we've been there, ridicilous as it is) or insulting community members whenever possible (we're close to being there).

//Edit: Yes, you're human too. No, this is still no excuse when in a staff-position.
While it's not justifying it, the community itself could adjust their tone as well. After all, even with high expectations, some people don't manage to write posts without provocations in it either.
(01-18-2017, 11:47 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]While it's not justifying it, the community itself could adjust their tone as well. After all, even with high expectations, some people don't manage to write posts without provocations in it either.
And some other people just started doing this because obviously that's the way some members of the staff like to be addressed, shown by their way to approach others. Now we can shift the blame back and forth or flip a coin. It doesn't change the fact that the staffs communication skills (apart from Spazzy when he's promoting events) are literally nonexistent.
I wholeheartedly agree with you

has left a very sour opinion of him and his very apparent lack in his role. His method of addressing anything reminds me of certain figures of history and leaves much to be desired regarding helping the community or dictating them.

An instance of transparency, or lack thereof, was only remedied by another staff member who I believe now to care a great deal about the community as a whole.

has made an enemy out of me whereas I have absolute faith in the rest of the team in comparison.
When people yell and insult me, I usually tend to not do them a favour, though. And I doubt the admins or anyone else here is masochistic in that way.

One problem might be the fact that people don't adress the right people. While I'm absolutely convinced myself that Hannibal definitely has to change his way of approaching things, blaming the other admins is a bit cheap. What definitely would be more useful is adressing the right people for what they do, and only adress the admins as a whole if they act as a whole. The "heavy decision" for example came with the explanations of why they voted for what, and I think a few people forget that.

On the other hand, there are enough things where the lack of transparency doesn't allow the community to give an adressed feedback. I know that's simply how it is, because too much transparency is never good. When it comes to regulating each other - Admins->Community and the other way around, it sure helps in certain situations, though, as there are a few clever heads in the community and within the admins.

And I think adressing Hannibal here directly is the best example instead of going against everyone.