Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is actually just deliberately throwing gasoline on the fire. Should probably close this thing till it cools off before this likely spirals out of control and someone getting sanctioned.
(01-24-2016, 10:13 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]the Administration Team edited the original post of a sanction notification thread without notice when felt convenient,

Just for accuracy, the thread is http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134801 the OP is not changed,

If you read further down "To avoid any feeling of interpretive bias and avoid writing a new sanction consider the OP to now read" specifically to avoid the sort of allegation above.
(01-24-2016, 10:23 PM)Explorer487 Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually just deliberately throwing gasoline on the fire. Should probably close this thing till it cools off before this likely spirals out of control and someone getting sanctioned.

One of the reasons we created this thread was to allow legitimate feedback. This feedback was not to discuss specific sanction reports as was stated in my OP. Arguing about sanctions can take place in the sanction threads themselves, or over PMs. Locking this thread down when things get a little heated would be a mistake. Admins know that every decision has the potential for a little heat. This is actually a positive thing for the Staff and helps them to make balanced judgements over the long run.
I would say that the sanction issue is another example when core of the problem lies actually in the way how the issue is communicated, instead of issue itself. I think I see point which admin team is trying to make and why it decided how they it did, at least I guess I see it (not completely sure though). However the way it was communicated in that sanction thread was really bad. No offense ladies and gentlemen, but it was. Not to mention how lack of proper and transparent communication continues and it continues to make situation worse than it could be.

I already said that in skype here and there, but I will throw it to this thread as well. Staff seriously needs two more positions. First one is "communication manager", which will be able to communicate with community about issues related to staff work (not just adminteam´s work, also devteam´s). Second one is secretary which will remind mainly adminteam all the issues which they should process so there won´t be anything forgotten. I know there is lot of issues you have to handle, but when you for example forget about faction official status vote or don´t answer simple inquiry in more than half a year despite it is reminded several times, then you are stomping on staff reputation yourself while it could be easily avoided.
I'm very tired so I might not make sense here and there and I apologize for that.

(01-24-2016, 09:54 PM)Sigma Wing Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 09:52 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]He has a point.
Reading groupchats is bad.
Publishing groupchats for all to read is bad.
Groupchats could be considered privileged information between the people in the group and the Admins who see all.

Oh, sorry. It seems I was using an advanced form of sarcasm that you couldn't decipher. Next time I'm using more smilies to make it more obvious.
Group chats shouldn't be taken into account at all. Fine, if the staff really cannot not-see the group chat, they should just pretend to have never read the things.

(01-24-2016, 10:01 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]The above post essentially displays you have learned nothing during your ban, but all together your attitude since you were given a chance back has been a constant display of that assertion. Group chat is also not your personal rage playground. If we are working on the desk and see someone trashing a staff member like you love to do, or displaying an unacceptable attitude, we are not mindless drones. If you feel offended by a small reminder that you are not alone in the universe then perhaps you should once again reconsider your attitude like it was expected from you when the ban was lifted.

If you think the admin team has forgotten your little game while you were banned when you created chatrooms isolating us one by one in a poor attempt to get us to lift your ban by displaying the nicest attitude the world has ever known (and involving an ex-admin that has not been in the game for almost a year?), then you are greatly mistaken. We did not forget. Once again I'm going to remind you to change your attitude very fast.

Freedom of speech.
Let the guy swear if he really wants to vent some anger against a staff member that somehow pissed him off.
I'm pretty sure Divine's not some active Hitman that can destroy that staff members' life with one Sniper bullet. I'm certain he doesn't have the cash money to hire one, too. Stop being so sensitive. No cataclysm is going to happen if someone starts swearing at a staff member over in group chat.

Oh, and I'm sure that there's far worse members in this community than Divine. Maybe those members aren't as angry as Divine is, but they're still poison. They should change their attitude too. Not saying I'm a saint myself here btw.

Long story short...

Stop being so damn sensitive.

Let the guy shout through text. Unless he actively goes into PM and starts spreading the word or he starts breaking the barriers of the forums and makes a thread that's a direct insult to that staff guy's/gal's existence, then leave him be. I'm almost certain that no harm was done, or did that person that Divine insulted started crying, got depressed and thinks about suicide ever since he got those offensive words thrown in a group chat? (Not even his/her way.)

okay i'mdonefornow bye
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make as you are off-topic compared to the previous posts made.

It's also not necessary to write "stop being so damn sensitive" in huge text when all previous posts will easily show you this is nothing about sensitivity. If the staff was sensitive we would have wiped his forum account and permanently banned his hardware from the game.

I honestly just think you have no idea what actually happened.
Quote:Not allowed on Discovery forums or server:

1.1 Use of abusive, vulgar, obscene, political, or racist materials
1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community

I basically post the rules to point out again that the rules count for the whole server environment. As the staff have the duty it is even up to them to check out blue, purple and green chats to act against a server harming development. Beside that, most of them are players aswell.

Don't harm the shrinking community with these childish things. Probably, a port like a community manager might be a good idea. It is a matter of fact, that we all have to improve mutual trust. work and respect if we still want to play here in future. Even raging might appear, being impulsive is natural, but the insight of constructivism should follow close to it.
heres my yearly feedback post.

This thread scares the crap out of me some days.

Rules could use some retooling.. a paraphrase here.. exsamples even maybe even annotations. ... Or you can do as ive always suggested. Go full on evil. either way as long as the rules are readable and you have a loose idea of fairness the feedback will be the same.
(01-24-2016, 10:28 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 10:13 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]the Administration Team edited the original post of a sanction notification thread without notice when felt convenient,

Just for accuracy, the thread is http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134801 the OP is not changed,

If you read further down "To avoid any feeling of interpretive bias and avoid writing a new sanction consider the OP to now read" specifically to avoid the sort of allegation above.

Yup, the rest of my question still stands: Does/Will the Administration Team continue to review the sanction and take the audiovisual evidence provided by Spazzy into account (which, in my opinion, as a video portraying the entire context, is more accurate than the counter evidence, a mere screenshot of a single moment out of the whole context) or can we consider the case - with the asymmetric consdieration of provided evidence - closed?
One thing I do agree with. And is a feedback. This on and off thing of Alley is a little confusing. If her position is just categorized supportive to the staff influences and rights should be regulated. It's difficult to realize which part she currently goes to take at all.