Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the post, it happens when players contact individuals directly rather than via the forum threads. If you think there is some systematic problem please feel free to post via forum thread. These are not deleted only hidden so all will eventually see them. There are ~ 19 mods and admins and it is unmanageable if every one posted all their personal contacts.

Personally I think all should go through a thread.
I concur, but how to do that when banned?

I said that I'd rather deal with things on the forum in the open when I spoke to staff on Skype. I believe that could alleviate some confusion and misinformation. It would also save individual staff member the hassle of answering on behalf on someone else in a case they had nothing to do with in the first place, that's an unfair position for staff to be put in - but one you put yourselves in.

On a general level, yeah I think there are some issues that doesn't have anything to do with my case. I needn't mention names and cases, I am sure you are well aware of some of the members who got treated extremely poor, and it's disappointing to see that staff does nothing to fix those problems on your own accord, but rather leave the members out in the cold when you know the treatment they received was wrong. Everyone knows, but half the players here just can't be arsed/don't take the forum seriously, where the other half believe the world is going up in flames whenever unpopular things are said.

I was informed that some of our members already started reporting my forum posts since I returned from my ban. Is that really the kind of community you want, where people hide behind their little screens and report everything that disturbs their perfect worlds, rather than engage in open dialogue? In my book it's just pathetic, and you are partly responsible for that turn of events by brushing everything over. You encourage it.
You are right, we do get ourselves into a tangle sometimes, a result of having multiple inputs rather than one dictatorial approach. In those situations the majority takes it, and all abide by that decision whether they agree or not.

That is not particularly pleasant especially if you are the one "blamed" and you actually voted against something. Sanctions are the best example, most people know they are collective and often the last input posts it up, however if the slinging starts it is usually the poster who carries on the thread in the first instance, irrespective of what they voted. Sadly goes with the turf

Does not mean the discussions getting there are not volatile and is one of the hidden aspects of the role.
I hate to beat a horse (communication), living or dead, but I just found a thread where one of the "staff" went through and converted a bunch of images into URLs.

I get that I violated the image size limitations. There are 2 problems with it, though.

First, snarky comments in orange in the middle of an RP thread.

Second, yeah, fine, I made a mistake. The person in question obviously took enough time to change the code of multiple "offenses", but, apparently couldn't be bothered with sending me a PM about it. I have already fixed the offending material, thanks to Echo 7-7 and this thread.

I respect that the job is difficult and that it is voluntary, but I wouldn't be writing this if I thought this issue was handled appropriately.
I must say that admins are working hard on all things. Kudos to Alley who is fulfulling double role of dev and admin. Kudos to Jansen who has returned recently but was usually around year ago. And kudos to other guys, such as Tunicle. Smile
Just a huge thank you to and for taking the time to help me with a severe problem on the forums and saving me from a lot of writing work just now. <3
(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]So, let's start with admins. How much fun does it bring when admin makes a failure in sanction thread and doesn't appologise, nor does he reverse it? He just goes quiet busy. Also how much fun in sanctions that take 3 months to work through? After my 6th unanswered, unprcessed sanction report I've given up sending them. And yes, I did everything as requested in that "tutorial" but none the less, got nothing from it. On the contrary, fail sanctioning me by Hawk was done in a single day, and as I figured out, no other admin saw that sanction. That's about the statement that decission of admin requires votes.

Anyway, let's have a look at the rules, that inspire a very fun PVP. "Do not reengage for 2 hours after you die instantly to some scrub who is just so good that you can't possibly match his skill, or to a scrub who likes to SNAC every one around, without doing absolutely anything." That sounds like fun for a newbie, aye? But nah, there is a solution - buy a cap! You'll do at least something in it. So yea, rules are not the case here, you just have to be very good at this game, or quit, or be accused in being capw**re every time you bring the only ship you can do something in into fight with people who do not want your ship in it.

Also, rules are not inspiring developement that brought to this at all, aye?

(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]This one I will post separately, as I dunno whose fault is that, but ID rules... Really? You do not want your players to act as they wish, obviously, but you give them things to do a veeeeeery nasty things in for almost nothing? Like, really? How's that benefiting anything, except abusing it for the PERSONAL wishes, which are in most of the cases not the things you (whoever done this for whatever purpose) had in mind. Also, you've obviously failed with that idea, but you've managed to do bunch of flaws in your own fail. And no, they don't make this fail slightly less failing, it's making it worse. Best example - Sarisa's in New York. Answer me, what does that bulls**t support? And before you answer that, think, is it really what you want to support?

As you requested, Pavel. Left only parts that are or may be concerning admin work.
Please stop posting.
1) your OPINION is not the truth;
2) is that week of the month?
(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]So, let's start with admins. How much fun does it bring when admin makes a failure in sanction thread and doesn't appologise, nor does he reverse it?

If this experience is from a few years ago then I can't answer for it. However, all of the mistakes that have been made have been apologised for whilst I've been an Admin. They've also been reversed, ask Impy if you need evidence.

(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]Also how much fun in sanctions that take 3 months to work through? After my 6th unanswered, unprcessed sanction report I've given up sending them. And yes, I did everything as requested in that "tutorial" but none the less, got nothing from it.

For a sanction to be processed, the violator needs to have actually broken a rule. All sanctions are voted on by Mods and Admins, if there is a overwhelming majority either way then it will be dealt with accordingly. It's also really fun.

(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]On the contrary, fail sanctioning me by Hawk was done in a single day, and as I figured out, no other admin saw that sanction. That's about the statement that decission of admin requires votes.

You caught us on a good day, we bump chats to get people to give their opinions. Normally sanctions are filed two or three at a time. Or perhaps this sanction was so blatantly obvious that there was no point in asking people to spend time writing a reason.

(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, let's have a look at the rules, that inspire a very fun PVP. "Do not reengage for 2 hours after you die instantly to some scrub who is just so good that you can't possibly match his skill, or to a scrub who likes to SNAC every one around, without doing absolutely anything." That sounds like fun for a newbie, aye? But nah, there is a solution - buy a cap! You'll do at least something in it. So yea, rules are not the case here, you just have to be very good at this game, or quit, or be accused in being capw**re every time you bring the only ship you can do something in into fight with people who do not want your ship in it.

Unfortunately Admins can't help you get better at PvP, sorry.

(11-19-2015, 09:30 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]This one I will post separately, as I dunno whose fault is that, but ID rules... Really? You do not want your players to act as they wish, obviously, but you give them things to do a veeeeeery nasty things in for almost nothing? Like, really? How's that benefiting anything, except abusing it for the PERSONAL wishes, which are in most of the cases not the things you (whoever done this for whatever purpose) had in mind. Also, you've obviously failed with that idea, but you've managed to do bunch of flaws in your own fail. And no, they don't make this fail slightly less failing, it's making it worse. Best example - Sarisa's in New York. Answer me, what does that bulls**t support? And before you answer that, think, is it really what you want to support?

How many Sarrisa's have you seen in New York over the past year or so? I'd say there's been a few times where a lot have been there, but for the most part there hasn't been many. In response to your general point, not just OC BSs in NY, If you have any problems with the ID allowances then feel free to post in the player requests with a good reason why. We're getting on top of the lost forum work slowly, so it shouldn't take as long as it would do normally.