Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excuse me good sir, i just want to say something regarding this matter of yours, so it can be closed once and for all
First you need to educate yourself more and so it seems many need to educate themselves better first before dropping words off your mouths because ignorance is not an excuse for offense.
Let me add to your information something if you may allow me good sir,

= The phrase "Allah Akbar" means "Allah is Great" and "Allah" is the god of the Muslims and Jews and many others use the same word.
= The word "Jihad" means "DEFENDING the word of god, family and land" and it doesn't mean attacking people or suicide bombing or hurting innocent people by offense or by act.
= The term used in some conversation here "Muslim Holocoust" is a complete sign of ignorance because this was camps or torture and death to the Jews captured by the armies of adolf hitler (tyrant) during the world war II and has nothing to do with Islam or Muslims.

In the end, i would just encourage everyone to READ and EDUCATE better instead of using words and phrases in the wrong sequence and meaning which hurt and offend others a lot
The Discovery GC is a server of gaming and people here are alike! , there is no one better than the other because of what he/she believe, and the measure here is only "who respect the rules more" .. that's all - Good luck to you all and i hope things will become better among you

Regards,
Muslim Person
(02-13-2016, 07:28 AM)Reidft Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to thank the admins who are behind the NPC events in Kusari, they're a lot of fun and I can't wait for more

Though there was some issues with the last one, the factions don't recognize it IRP since the Exiles and Dragons said they wouldn't work together.

But either way, they're awesome (y)

I think the real worry here is someone thinking Dragons and Exiles would be working together. I mean for the sake of Blodo, they were SHOOTING each other, that doesn't really look like WORKING together. I really want to believe it's impossible to fail to realize that.
Hello yes I am the one that said the "Muslim Holocaust" happened in 2089(Or whatever it was) because when I first encountered these people I thought they were trolling hard considering their roleplay. So I just kinda "countered" their Roleplay with some nonsense I made up.

Please no offend thank you.
Alley is right on this matter.

Relation between Dragons and Republic is still a new one and Republic shoots Dragons because they were doing it under Imperial times as previous KNF and KSP - even if both don't like Samura and Hogosha nowadays, they still protect them from domestic pirates and terrorists - as these two are main target of Blood Dragons.

Relation between Imperials and Dragons is way another matter, since Dragons hate the Imperial line, which kicked them out and betrayed 500 years ago... However, with new Emperor Tetsuya, relations could be somehow repaired - given how Exiles went from ultraxenophobic stance to moderate tolerance learning from past mistakes.
(02-13-2016, 10:24 AM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello yes I am the one that said the "Muslim Holocaust" happened in 2089(Or whatever it was) because when I first encountered these people I thought they were trolling hard considering their roleplay. So I just kinda "countered" their Roleplay with some nonsense I made up.

Please no offend thank you.

Encountered these guys as well.
Just ignored them since I've never seen a game model in freelancer that resembles a person from Africa or the Middle East. So I just figured they all went bye-bye somewhere in that time period, kek. Maybe Trump happened or something, idk.

Basically in FL as its storyline goes, stuff like muslims or ethiopians and such are non-cannon.
(02-13-2016, 10:35 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Basically in FL as its storyline goes, stuff like muslims or ethiopians and such are non-cannon.

I would be careful with that statement, as British community (at least Londonian one) is pretty multicultural one, having Hindi, Muslims, Chinese, Africans and some other ethicities within it - due to past colonialism of the Commonwealth era. To be more exact, I was also surprised when I researched Victorian Era (my thesis needed it) and found out that huge chunk of Londoners were not natively British, but actually were from different places of the world - making it way colorful than one would think. Pretty sensible for the capital of the world-wide empire.
What does that have to with vanlia FL?
Who cares what happened IRL.
Orilion had african figures, no??

In any case, I think the admins acted correctly here. It's obvious that it was trolling. The wrong use of the arab words, clearly on purpose, just shows how that was in fact something to annoy people. And the excuse used is not valid. Someone said "enhance our roleplay by unconventional elements" was what their were trying to do. I have news for you, dude: I did read the dialog, and that is not RP! I suggest some GURPS.
(02-13-2016, 10:35 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Just ignored them since I've never seen a game model in freelancer that resembles a person from Africa or the Middle East.

[Image: Orillion1.jpg]

There may be other ethnicities present in the game, however they could been a minority at best which would explain the lack of a regular presence in the game. That the majority of characters ingame represent the majority of ethnicities living in the respective former countries where the sleeper ships came from should not be a surprise.
Folks, this is the "Admin Feedback Thread". Please keep off-topic discussions out. Thank you.