Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-18-2017, 12:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]...
And I think adressing Hannibal here directly is the best example instead of going against everyone.
But the lack of proper communication doesn't just end with Hannibal. It became the standard over the last years contrary to what we had previously. And as those already low standards shown by the staff abilities to interact with the community seem to hit a new all-time low with each new green post... well, go figure.

//Edit: Exceptions prove the rule.
(01-18-2017, 12:27 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]
And I think adressing Hannibal here directly is the best example instead of going against everyone.
But the lack of proper communication doesn't just end with Hannibal. It became the standard over the last years contrary to what we had previously. And as those already low standards shown by the staff abilities to interact with the community seem to hit a new all-time low with each new green post... well, go figure.

Actually, the community itself also sucks at communicating, so it comes with no surprise that the admins picked from said community also are lackluster.
(01-18-2017, 12:40 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017, 12:27 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, the community itself also sucks at communicating, so it comes with no surprise that the admins picked from said community also are lackluster.

But Josia, I thought the admin team was supposed to be the best of the best that the community has to offer! Why would they have that sort of issue? Should the admins not be above that sort of behavior?
(01-18-2017, 12:43 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]...
But Josia, I thought the admin team was supposed to be the best of the best that the community has to offer! Why would they have that sort of issue? Should the admins not be above that sort of behavior?
Ignoring the killing sarcasm in that post, it contains a valid point.
The staff should live up to what they demand from others.
Members get banned with the always repeated reason so they can rethink their approach to the game and other players, change their attitudes and eventually return as from anger relieved persons. If that's the case, who's banning some of the staff now, to take a break and rethink their approaches?
(01-18-2017, 12:43 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017, 12:40 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the community itself also sucks at communicating, so it comes with no surprise that the admins picked from said community also are lackluster.

Hmmmhmmhm the best this community has to offer...
(01-18-2017, 12:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]And I think adressing Hannibal here directly is the best example instead of going against everyone.

Yes and no.

I agree admins should take their responsabilities when they screw up and it ~usually~ does happen this way.
However it's also the responsability of the staff itself to ensure it keeps its own members (be it admins, mods) in check and if necessary take actions.
hi, uh I am not sure if you know about the PoB docking bug. saying something about not having the correct or not enough reputation to dock on the base, but the tag is added or name, and the rep sheet is fully green to the station due to same affiliation. I am just curious are you working on fixing this bug and if so how long roughly do you think it will take to implement if not what would you suggest in doing every time it happens instead of reporting it in the bug thread?

Thanks
(01-18-2017, 02:55 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [ -> ] hi, uh I am not sure if you know about the PoB docking bug. saying something about not having the correct or not enough reputation to dock on the base, but the tag is added or name, and the rep sheet is fully green to the station due to same affiliation. I am just curious are you working on fixing this bug and if so how long roughly do you think it will take to implement if not what would you suggest in doing every time it happens instead of reporting it in the bug thread?

Thanks

This bug happens when an admin reload a plugin live as the order of loading is lost. The most common cause is unloading and then reloading the base plugin which will cause it to have its hooks processed after playercntl's hooks, which is the plugin that contains the rephack nodock feature. As all solars have a native reputation of -1.0 on creation which is immediatly overwritten by the base plugin for POBs, playercntl think you're trying to dock on a -1.0 repped base and gently let you know that it doesn't want you here.

I'm not really sure how to fix it tbh, it's likely possible but it will wait until more important things are finished. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I used to have.
That is a pretty good move and I hope this can resolve those aforementioned "communication issues".
Thanks for the explanation about that issue