Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was no need of deleting the post. Instead one should reward Auzari with a bit respect for actually visualize the very, very, very little bit of heart her inRP character has.
Quote:don't try to circumvent the limit by cropping the original into smaller pieces so it "fits" within limitations
Pretty sure this actually solves the issue the rule was put in to begin with which is people can't use max-width: auto big pictures stretching the forums. If you chop it, it should wrap and not cause the issue... right?
(01-18-2017, 12:20 AM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:don't try to circumvent the limit by cropping the original into smaller pieces so it "fits" within limitations
Pretty sure this actually solves the issue the rule was put in to begin with which is people can't use max-width: auto big pictures stretching the forums. If you chop it, it should wrap and not cause the issue... right?

It wasn't causing issues. The forums weren't stretched at all. This deletion of an entire post and someone's hard work is the only acknowledgement because 'lol xd don't post memes'.

I'm sorry, but how is a comic specifically made showcasing the character's child side of doodling about the events in the Omicrons, only to be interrupted by her second in command at the very last frame in ANY WAY a meme? Because of the art style? Spoiler alert: The initial frames were made to look like doodles. You could see in the last one that those doodles were being tossed aside when the masked man walked in, but as far as anyone can tell - Hannibal didn't even look at it to confirm. He just deleted it and issued a warning, despite no rules or guidelines being broken.

If you're implying that once a very large image is separated Into which HTML coding goes, are now designated individual images from different sources is still against the rules. That means you are implying that if a post has images that go over the total amount of 645x550 pixels allowed, then you might as well remove This post, This one, Oh this one too, Also this, Don't forget this, i wasn't done, i think this counts too, This one almost slipped from me, and If that is the case, then you might as well delete all these posts and explain to them that seperate images still count as one image. (That isn't even logically sound, but i guess looking at what you did to nyx that's down to you.)

You pretty much get the idea. She didn't Circumvent the rules by splitting the larger image. She made it fit into the rules. She took a larger image and split it into multiple separate ones that all fit into the 645x550 limit. And there isn't a limit on how many images you can put into a single post, since that would be rather annoying and make many very angry factions that have to remake their info pages.
If anything, we should be encouraging community members to create original artwork for the purposes of roleplay. If someone is willing to put in that much effort into illustrating the personality of their own character, or to enhance a scene for the benefit of the readers, they're obviously very passionate about whatever they're doing, and it's absolutely not the place of the administration to tell someone "no, you're having too much fun". Deleting the comics from Nyx's post was indescribably ridiculous, and, at best, an utterly belligerently-misguided move.
It would be better to transform oversize pictures into hyperlinks than deleting the entire post, though obviously since that's a good idea, nobody thought to do it at the time.
645 x 550 isn't exceeding the maximum allowed width. The image wasn't oversized.
(01-17-2017, 11:36 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2017, 09:35 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, it was entirely in Roleplay. The character was venting their aggrovation for being unable to do anything.
also got a nice inrp explanation about another member posting a banana in coms, yeah.. very nice one, though i don't buy it .

(01-17-2017, 09:35 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Second of all, the dimensions were /clearly/ within the forum rules. It was 645x550.

its a little over the limit, 3.225 pixels ,don't try to circumvent the limit by cropping the original into smaller pieces so it "fits" within limitations

Oh right.

You deleted it simply because YOU don't like it.

It was 100% in RP. It didn't break the image rules, because they're in pieces. There's a width limit in rules. And multiple images doesnt break the rules, otherwise tutorials would be deleted?????? And the image data wasn't even that large per piece.

This is pathetic.

I can't believe you can just make up excuses as you see fit. I was going to make a second connecting part to it about being dialogue.

Oh who am I kidding, it's just memes right????????????????

yes, I am furious. I have a right to be angry. I wasted my time.
(01-17-2017, 11:53 PM)Operator Wrote: [ -> ]Stop doing this, okay?

Okay.

Aside of that, don't see why it was deleted. There probably has been a misunderstanding somewhere down the line.
(01-17-2017, 11:36 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]don't try to circumvent the limit by cropping the original into smaller pieces so it "fits" within limitations

I see you are new here, so let me explain. The point of the image width limit rule is to prevent single images forcefully stretching the main forum box and possibly overlap/hide other page elements, such as the sidebar. With multiple images that doesn't happen as they are put into multiple lines instead of stretching. Cropping isn't circumvention, it's a solution. Try acting upon the spirit of the rules, not the wording and whatever excuse you can find in addition, pointless and arbitrary moderation only puts you - and in extension the Staff - in a bad light, as has done before.