Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-12-2016, 01:31 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]This will be included in the next vote, so you should definitely have the final results next week Smile

We at BMF appreciate that reply a lot.
Thank you Smile
(08-12-2016, 01:14 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I really dont get where people get this 'staff doesnt lock threads anymore' from, there doesnt seem to be anything on the relevant parts of the forums that states such.

I think everyone is throwing a fit about this, maybe its time to sit down with the Mod team and tell them to find better excuses that doesn't involve throwing the admin team under the bus when they don't want to do something

(07-15-2016, 06:44 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Administration nolonger wants us to close Feedback threads, only Moderate them. - Tabris
(08-12-2016, 03:06 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone is throwing a fit about this, maybe its time to sit down with the Mod team and tell them to find better excuses that doesn't involve throwing the admin team under the bus when they don't want to do something
one should never take the easier path and just point a finger at someone...with that being said:
the ability to lock down a thread is just a moderator tool ,one among many ,more so recently ..we have been encouraging the mod team to use it less often on feedback threads and instead deal with the individuals that caused the problems individually allowing the thread to be open in the meantime for others to make use of it

so yeah..locking down a feedback thread is still an option just a last resort option..are there any more question/complains?
(08-12-2016, 05:46 PM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2016, 03:06 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone is throwing a fit about this, maybe its time to sit down with the Mod team and tell them to find better excuses that doesn't involve throwing the admin team under the bus when they don't want to do something
one should never take the easier path and just point a finger at someone...with that being said:
the ability to lock down a thread is just a moderator tool ,one among many ,more so recently ..we have been encouraging the mod team to use it less often on feedback threads and instead deal with the individuals that caused the problems individually allowing the thread to be open in the meantime for others to make use of it

so yeah..locking down a feedback thread is still an option just a last resort option..are there any more question/complains?

Thank you for explaining this. I was wondering about this stuff too.
We're actually trying to figure out a time that we're all free to iron this out and finish it. I realize the timeframe I mentioned hasn't been met, much to the disappointment of the community (as well as myself). I've done quite a few ID's, combining what was proposed initially as well as community suggestions, but I've been requesting other admin help for a bit now. With vacations/ school/etc, it's taken longer than expected/should have.

Probably not the answer you all wanted to hear, but I've been pushing for it to happen sooner rather than later.
Okay, a few things here.

You announced an ID change for multiple IDs, even introducing new IFFs in here. So it's proven that you're able to do ID changes based on ingame RP, even if it's not in line with the planned Storyline development. But despite the lengthy discussion in here, and the months before that, the Exile's ZOI is still not changed. Oh, and by the way - I'm still listed as the OFL of 343 in here. Might want to have a look into that.

Not to sound salty, but this is showing pretty much the exact same attitude that was criticized in the activity discussion thread. Doesn't look like you changed your way of working, or even considered the feedback to be legitimate - and again, this is my subjective impression. This is not stating facts, even though it might sound like it.
(08-19-2016, 10:36 AM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]You announced an ID change for multiple IDs, even introducing new IFFs in here.So it's proven that you're able to do ID changes based on ingame RP, even if it's not in line with the planned Storyline development.
Yes i've made a mini event for the factions in one system that's isolated and doesn't interfere with story line so far..

Should you have submitted something to us(a draft of sorts) / talked with us so we don't end up in a situations were we have to inquiry about it because you're reluctant to get into details about what specifically you want ,would have went a lot smother

With that being said..contact me about the specifics Wink
(08-19-2016, 11:13 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]Should you have submitted something to us(a draft of sorts) / talked with us so we don't end up in a situations were we have to inquiry about it because you're reluctant to get into details about what specifically you want ,would have went a lot smother

You're shitting me, right?

You did not only create a mini-event, you actually changed ID-Lines, introduced a new ID and a new IFF. So don't portray this incorrectly.

And no, I will not contact you about the specifics. Heck, the whole "please get in contact with the Admins so we know what you're talking about"-mentality is absolutely ridiculous. I will not submit a player request for something that should have been in the game in February, and that would even be pushing it. The reasoning for this? Well simple.
First, I do not lead 343 anymore. The refusal of the Greens to read the FSRs and therefore change the ID accordingly plus a lot of things have hit the faction very hard, and therefore I have dissolved it effectively in the thread - a thing that you'd know had you actually read the posts I made in there.
Second, and more importantly, I frankly do not think that it should be necessary to submit a player request for something that should be in the game by logic. Don't believe that it's that illogical atm? Check the bases of the Exiles. Battleship Yamaguchi is located in the Tottori System, which is rulewise and inRP Kusari Territory - outside the Exile ID.
Third, and most importantly, I had asked for this change in every single faction status report since January. There has been no Admin communication, no question along the lines of "hey, could you tell me what this thing is about that you keep asking about?", no change, no reactions, nothing. You kept ignoring the constant requests, and now you're telling me that it "could have gone a lot smoother" if I had submitted a request? I am "reluctant to get into the details"? You have got to be joking.
(08-12-2016, 01:19 PM)Malmsteen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Administration Team

We are just curious and excited, nothing more. We would like to know if the official faction requests are being processed, or should we expect more time to wait Smile
We are not in a hurry, but we suppose to have our decision back in the 25th of July. Thank you for your time.

Attached Documents

Bretonia Mining and Fabrication,
Corporate Attorney,
Steve Malmsteen

(08-12-2016, 01:31 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]This will be included in the next vote, so you should definitely have the final results next week Smile

Hello and Administration team,

We are still curious and this time more excited (sun) .. We understand that there is always lots of work on the administration shoulders and the time is not enough to process the issues faster. We just want to remind you that 12 days passed since the last reply we received here quoted above (next week). Please excuse our curiosity, it is very exciting for us and we are dying to know the result of our request. Thank you for your time. Smile