Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are the admins doing now-a-days? Heard there was/is still confusion or some troubles that has everyone disorganized?

wrong account but w/e it works B|
It's fairly ok-ish, if you ask me. Naturally, some members of the team aren't online 24/7 like the server is, we all have real life, live in different timezones, may have a worse, exhausting day, but the admin team is doing well.
I was under the impression that when an admin did something that impacted the community in some way it was discussed in some capacity. However with this little fiasco it has become apparent that the Admin team doesn't work together in any capacity and many decisions are made on the fly without any other input other than the Admins own personal feelings.

I would like to suggest that when a member of this community, be it a mod or a regular member, complains about something to an admin they kindly direct them towards the Violation Report page. It might lead to less Admins abusing their authority in such an intentional manner.
(07-29-2015, 07:10 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that when an admin did something that impacted the community in some way it was discussed in some capacity. However with this little fiasco it has become apparent that the Admin team doesn't work together in any capacity and many decisions are made on the fly without any other input other than the Admins own personal feelings.

I would like to suggest that when a member of this community, be it a mod or a regular member, complains about something to an admin they kindly direct them towards the Violation Report page. It might lead to less Admins abusing their authority in such an intentional manner.

Well I guess you're welcome. I suspect you want a fully honest answer, so I'll give you one even if you don't like what I'll say.

Big matters & sensitive matters are prone to immediate group debate. Things that are obviously non-sensical like GMG bidding on an Ontario base, should we really spent 2 weeks debating it? People constantly complain the admin team is slow, but it's slow because it has to deal with a constant stream of stupidity and people spending their time literally harassing all admins available on skype because they're just behaving like irritating impatient children. Trust me you've seen nothing.

The GMG bidding on a base in Ontario is like, stupid. There's no gas in Ontario, they don't even have any installation around. Trade agreements are something, letting a foreign entity settle -that- close to you and deplete the resources that belong to -you- for free? That's a whole different level of politics. Let's also not forget the POB can't change iff, so we're going to have the GMG owning a DSE/USI station? 10/10 at work here. I went ahead and nuked the post because it simply didn't make sense in any possible way. So yes, you're right that I went ahead and did it alone. I probably should have asked for a second opinion first. That's a mistake I made. It didn't appear to me as necessary considering how simple the matter was.

However the fact you actually dare to call it intentional is mindblowingly hilarious. I really don't care about the GMG. I've never dealt with them in any way. I don't even know who's in their roster. When you want to bring this kind of talk forward, it's a really a good idea to have some seriously strong proofs to back your claims.

Either way as said in the other thread, the bid has been restored. If you guys want things to be done that way, then so be it. The community sets its own passive rules through events like these. If Hessians buy a POB in Dublin or Tau-29, or if the LN buy a base on the outskirts of Kusari, then congratulations on the precedent you've just set yourselves. You might argue the situation is different, because I'm comparing military factions to a trade faction, but no, the same rule applies to everyone.
(07-29-2015, 07:45 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]So yes, you're right that I went ahead and did it alone.

I know you were expecting me to read the rest of that rant, but this is my only issue, if the admins want to appear to care about the big picture then they all should be debating it, not having the debate after another admin abused their power by nuking a post.
(07-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2015, 07:45 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]So yes, you're right that I went ahead and did it alone.

I know you were expecting me to read the rest of that rant, but this is my only issue, if the admins want to appear to care about the big picture then they all should be debating it, not having the debate after another admin abused their power by nuking a post.

You wanted an answer, I gave you one. The fact you call it a rant just make me wonder why I tried to reply to you. Once again you write "admin abuse" but now you just look like an idiot because you posted a selective reply that suits your personal agenda and is totally unrelated to the global content of my reply. It's what you did in the GMG thread and led Oldum to ignore you. The same will happen now.
My only issue is how the admins will go about ensuring that an abuse of power, in this manner, doesn't occur again.

And yes Ally, it is an abuse, there is a process that you could have followed but you choose not to, and I find issue with that.
In relation to the actions taken:
- I don't see a rule being broken there, so I don't see why an action from an admin was necessary.
- BUT MOST IMPORTANT: admins openly calling disco members "idiots" in the admin feedback thread doesn't seem the attitude we expect from this staff...
Ease off the pressure over staff.... That intervention might have not been in place, but that does not change the fact that GMG's bid wasn't on place there neither. What I'm saying is, its not about rules here, its about lore and RP. GMG having an installation that far away is not the most logical thing I've seen. I'm not saying it's wrong all around, if they'd want to make it right, then provide the sufficient RP for it, that might justify it.

Acquiring a station that far away just out of the blue without any RP justification is illogical lorewise.
You guys should learn to read. alley put up a good argument and also DID apologies for acting without a second opinion.
besides, thr fact that no admins really did anything to step in after that kinda suggest they agree.