Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2016, 12:20 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Pic removed for greater good (although it's basically just an internet meme, but w/e)

I am generally very pleased with the work of Discover's admins without getting paid for it, but this ' Just an internet meme' statement is just WRONG. Yeah. Let me see what happens when i post 'just an internet meme' from Hitler. But oh well. Like i said before. Pic gone. I shut up.
(06-27-2016, 12:20 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]Pic removed for greater good (although it's basically just an internet meme, but w/e)

This reminds me when someone sampled the audio from "it's just a prank bro" and dubbed it over the WTC 9/11 attacks. There's some video on YouTube which I'd like to link to showcase my point about inappropriate things to post on Discovery but I'd rather bypass the ban.

"It's just a post bro."

"It's just an internet meme."

"It's just..."

This is like the most half-baked semi-apology ever.

Past that, the rest of your post is just a trust thing. The community can only measure activity by in-game time, sanction posting (since normal moderation seems to be at the behest of moderators most of the time) and special requests. It is what it is for good and bad.
> comparing a random (and to a degree true) Stalin quote to 9/11
srsly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
(06-27-2016, 02:31 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]> comparing a random (and to a degree true) Stalin quote to 9/11
srsly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Are you still trying to bait into a political discussion?
Pavel, the problem with an admin working in the shadows is the same as with God: one is told he exists and does everything in favor of everyone but when one looks for evidence as some sort of confirmation, one finds none as all we have are beliefs. That's why people ask for more and more transparency, because in the 21st century people are more convinced by actual evidence than by being told to "believe".
I think that admin team should more harshly shut people up when discussion goes into anger and looses constructivism. Memes could be left for flood, personal off-topic discussions for PM, rage and trolling for ban. There is nothing wrong in preventing possibly-negative-consequence attitude more radically. If people are intended to behave and be nice, they will do so no matter how strict possible punishments are, and they won't ever get in trouble. And for those who are trying to walk on the edge there should be no opportunities for settling things down in a "democratic" way. I also think that there is no need to justify actions aimed at cutting down trolling / overly sarcastic behavior (and so on), especially when holes in the rules are exploited.
(06-27-2016, 02:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Pavel, the problem with an admin working in the shadows is the same as with God: one is told he exists and does everything in favor of everyone but when one looks for evidence as some sort of confirmation, one finds none as all we have are beliefs. That's why people ask for more and more transparency, because in the 21st century people are more convinced by actual evidence than by being told to "believe".
(06-27-2016, 02:30 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: [ -> ]The community can only measure activity by in-game time, sanction posting (since normal moderation seems to be at the behest of moderators most of the time) and special requests. It is what it is for good and bad.

In the interest of transparency, the Admin that was named as being 'lazy' was myself.

If you need any evidence that I do things, some of my time involves hours of searching etc, just look at the Player Help Threads. Most, if not all, of my replies in there, are done by editing the Posts provided by the Members.

Maybe I should start posting all the pms that I get asking for help. Maybe I should also post my Skype Chats, just in the interest of transparency.

But if my name requires more Posts, and done in Green, so that I am noticed, I am sure I can oblige.

As for in Game time, it can be found here (assuming it was aimed as being on an Admin Ship):

http://discoverygc.com/forums/serverinte...5BAdmin%5D

If it was meant as a Player, then those that know what Tagged Ships I fly, can look for themselves.

Sorry that I haven't, apparently, risen to some peoples, obviously, high standards.

I will endeavour to try harder in the future.

Mark
(06-27-2016, 03:18 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 02:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 02:30 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: [ -> ]The community can only measure activity by in-game time, sanction posting (since normal moderation seems to be at the behest of moderators most of the time) and special requests. It is what it is for good and bad.

In the interest of transparency, the Admin that was named as being 'lazy' was myself.

If you need any evidence that I do things, some of my time involves hours of searching etc, just look at the Player Help Threads. Most, if not all, of my replies in there, are done by editing the Posts provided by the Members.

Maybe I should start posting all the pms that I get asking for help. Maybe I should also post my Skype Chats, just in the interest of transparency.

But if my name requires more Posts, and done in Green, so that I am noticed, I am sure I can oblige.

As for in Game time, it can be found here (assuming it was aimed as being on an Admin Ship):

If it was meant as a Player, then those that know what Tagged Ships I fly, can look for themselves.

Sorry that I haven't, apparently, risen to some peoples, obviously, high standards.

Mark

I was posting in reference to generally how it can only be measured.

I think my post should be interpreted more as, "It's hard to tell, so people will say things."

Not, "St.Denis never does anything and is lazy."

Hopefully I clarified that. I've got no idea who is or isn't lazy or who does what. I mainly got involved in this thread because of the now deleted image. I haven't seen enough to provide any in-depth feedback on the Administration in general. Hopefully that clears that up for you.
(06-27-2016, 03:28 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: [ -> ]I was posting in reference to generally how it can only be measured.

I think my post should be interpreted more as, "It's hard to tell, so people will say things."

Not, "St.Denis never does anything and is lazy."

Hopefully I clarified that. I've got no idea who is or isn't lazy or who does what. I mainly got involved in this thread because of the now deleted image. I haven't seen enough to provide any in-depth feedback on the Administration in general. Hopefully that clears that up for you.

My post wasn't aimed at yours, as such.

I just used one part to show, that an Admin's activity shouldn't just be based on the Sanctions (I have also done a fair share of those) or activity in Game.

If people care to look a bit further than Flood Posts maybe they could find things out and then they will not need to have blind faith but can find the evidence for themselves.
(06-27-2016, 03:18 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]In the interest of transparency, the Admin that was named as being 'lazy' was myself.

Mark

I was talking in general, not knowing who called lazy who, my point still stands though. What we usually receive, be it sanction reports, green text, whatever, are mostly Staff decisions relayed by single members of the staff without any indication which staff member adds to the discussion of each decision*, if anything, so in the end that leaves us with assumptions. I can tell you though that I do not consider you lazy, however I could surely name others I find to be such.

EDIT: *There was so far one occasion I can recall in the past 4-5 years where Staff members shared their reasoning behind their votes in a question.