Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recent events left me wondering, why are all regular member mistakes widely announced in Sanction Notices for all public to see which members are bad, which acts as trial by forum ( since you are only allowed to defend yourself after the word is out ) while there are no threads for admins or moderators breaching rules and their own code of conduct?
(04-08-2015, 08:05 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]Recent events left me wondering, why are all regular member mistakes widely announced in Sanction Notices for all public to see which members are bad, which acts as trial by forum ( since you are only allowed to defend yourself after the word is out ) while there are no threads for admins or moderators breaching rules and their own code of conduct?

Most factions prefer to handle matters internally. If a faction leader is aware of some rule violation on the part of their members, they do not file a rules violation report, but handle it themselves. If a report isn't filed, the matter is discussed between faction leader and faction member and then closed, without a public notice being given.

This is similar with the Admins. Most of the time, correction for mistakes is handled internally. Rarely, in cases of extreme notoriety, a public notice is given. But most of the time, we self police ourselves.
One thing I witnessed last week. you seemed to ban member(s) on your supposition. I mean, you start thinking about someone, then all of a sudden you take an amazing decision.Depending on no proofs, just your thoughts.

I guess you understand who I mean?

The rest are cool. Kudos to you, keep it up...
We always have proof if we ban people. We do not ban on suspicion unless there has been pages and pages of conversation about it first.
If you're legitimately concerned about an action we've taken, throw me or anyone else on the team a PM.
(04-08-2015, 07:52 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: [ -> ]We always have proof if we ban people. We do not ban on suspicion unless there has been pages and pages of conversation about it first.
If you're legitimately concerned about an action we've taken, throw me or anyone else on the team a PM.

PM sent.
Igiss Wrote:1.7 Metagaming* and/or powergaming** to gain a roleplay benefit for factions, groups or individuals

Igiss Wrote:To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.
Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=128275

So, what have you guys been smoking? Much to my surprise I learned today that this is also a server ban, and yes I do know the reason.

Doesn't staff/the team feel you have an obligation towards the players and the community that is much stronger than your obligation towards your fellow admins?

If not, perhaps it is high time you hang your coats and leave?

If anyone is hurting or damaging the community, it's you lot. How about some transparency in that particular case? Do you think you could handle that? Could the admin team in its current configuration stay intact after full public knowledge of how and why you handled this?

Why make a thread like this when you still stick to your old authoritarian MO? Man up a little, boys, or at least be real and stop pretending that the wider community is your sole interest with threads like this one.
(04-11-2015, 11:42 AM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]
Igiss Wrote:1.7 Metagaming* and/or powergaming** to gain a roleplay benefit for factions, groups or individuals

Igiss Wrote:To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.
Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=128275

So, what have you guys been smoking? Much to my surprise I learned today that this is also a server ban, and yes I do know the reason.

Doesn't staff/the team feel you have an obligation towards the players and the community that is much stronger than your obligation towards your fellow admins?

If not, perhaps it is high time you hang your coats and leave?

If anyone is hurting or damaging the community, it's you lot. How about some transparency in that particular case? Do you think you could handle that?

It would make so much more sense to be transparent in that case, than it is to make a pointless thread like this one. Man up a little, boys.

You are so wrong.

Snak3 was told by an admin and by myself not to leak the posts he decided to save. Both of us made it clear and despite that he did it. This isn't about the Congress, this isn't about Widow, this isn't about Garrett. It's all about someone being unable to follow simple directions and he acknowledged it on Skype.

It's that simple. It has nothing to do with the content or the result, it's the action that's sanctioned. It's clearly explained in Jax's post but it's not the first time you disregard an explanation.
(04-11-2015, 11:56 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about someone being unable to follow simple directions and he acknowledged it on Skype.

Which is exactly what I oppose to. You are totally misunderstanding your own role, and the text Igiss put down, if you think server order is about saying "how high" when admins ask you to jump.

Who do you think you are? Do you think we play this game for you, and not for each other?

What's the thought process behind the sanction? If I am wrong, can you not state open and publicly exactly what happened, "secret admin material" included, so that you can prove you are right?
And before this starts into a sanction based flame war please desist.

The matter is still under discussion within the team and with such a delicate situation of which very few are fully aware, it is easy to jump to wrong conclusions.

Yes problems exist/existed but a sensible resolution needs to be found and that does not happen overnight.
Then be open about it.

You shouldn't pass sanctions with evidence that can't stand the light of day. I thought that would be obvious to anyone. You've got too much dirty laundry to properly fulfill your roles, sorry but it's the truth.