Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem atm is that we can't really do anything but provide full admin access. FLHook's permission system just sucks.
Since more people are suggestiong mini events, I wanted to bring forward a small idea I had some time ago, after the events of the Garrett's Thor.
This was a suggestion I gave Garrett some time ago, not sure if anything came of it, but here is the gist of it.

Giving either an admin or trusted member access to an overpowered ship and a modified Event Terrorist ID, which can only attack in self defense and couple it with an over the top ship. A seven-snac bomber was perhaps a bit over the top and not exactly fair to anything larger than a fighter, so perhaps having a gunboat or similar size ship with, say, a battleship shield, full BS prims (not cerbs) and inf core would be a challenging but not impossible to kill target that people would gladly gang up on to get a kill on.

If the ship was flown by an admin, this could also lead to goodies being dropped upon killing it.

The main idea for it is very forward, instead of an outright terrorist ID, the ship would only be able to engage in self defense - as such whoever attacks it should be very well prepared for the consequences. This would prevent said player from roflstomping lone targets, for example, and the ship combo itself would force people to make large hunting-squards to deal with it.

Random idea is random.
It was 15 SNACs.
Quote:Giving either an admin or trusted member access to an overpowered ship and a modified Event Terrorist ID, which can only attack in self defense and couple it with an over the top ship. A seven-snac bomber was perhaps a bit over the top and not exactly fair to anything larger than a fighter, so perhaps having a gunboat or similar size ship with, say, a battleship shield, full BS prims (not cerbs) and inf core would be a challenging but not impossible to kill target that people would gladly gang up on to get a kill on.
If the ship was flown by an admin, this could also lead to goodies being dropped upon killing it.
Next week in Conn:
"LFG for Event Terrorist: 2 repair ships, 1 battleship(cau6+) and 4 bombers(nova+asuras+cloak) know tacts "
You really want it?
Quote:admin or trusted member
Loved that Synth Marijuana run, could we have that again or something else like it soon?
regarding the new rules around Furry's (since the thread was locked rather than the trolls being temp banned)

#1. Are the admins and/or mod team planning on spending time actually reading each and every RP posts to ensure they comply with this new rule, or is the team going to be dependent on members of the community to report it for them. Because as was brought up in the thread there are very few furrys in this game. And i'm sure there are several members of the community who will take pride in the fact that they will now be able to badger and report each and every post that comes from those furrys as they don't meet the newly imposed rule

#2. Given that this rule came out of the blue will the admin team allow a certain "grace" period for those members of the community to re-conn their RP to within the new guideline

#3. is Hypertrichosis (Werewolf Syndrome) considered within RP, could I claim that I was already furry due to this syndrome and had my face screwed up in a reactor accident? After all we already have some gnarly looking humans
I am rather concerned why furries were targeted explicitly. Leaving cats, dogs, ducks and other exotic and absolutely out of place characters allowed.
(04-10-2016, 04:51 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]I am rather concerned why furries were targeted explicitly. Leaving cats, dogs, ducks and other exotic and absolutely out of place characters allowed.

Catgirls are also specifically targeted, but Drrobe told me since Klingons are human they're fine. Go figure.
I find this more of a political stunt rather than solving actual issues. Or at least a decision that is poorly thought out with a very narrow target audience of two people.

While we have theoretical problems as ability to engage without RP ( Wilde ), broken IDs that are not being fixed for a month, event requests that are not being hosted for four months, people on probation/temp ban posting ooRP crap and other issues that are more common and more important than 2 furry fans.