Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-05-2016, 08:55 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been playing for years in omicrons, if your trying to imply there was "bias" in anything i've voted so far i'm afraid your out of luck..

If you're so confident that you didn't biasly vote to ban Lyth in order to secure your own agendas, then why did you ban him? He's the only person out of the six who has been banned without a reason, with very flimsy evidence that doesn't add up, and the Staff aren't willing to tell him or even the greater community why he was banned.

The filippant and liberal use of the word 'toxic' to describe him without ever expanding upon why he's toxic, combined with the Staff's unwillingness to tell him and us why he got banned, greatly points to the fact that you did ban him biasly for your own personal reasons and you're too afraid to disclose those, which is disgusting because banning Lyth has been a huge mistake (the guy never deserved it and since he's been banned the Omicrons have died).
Everyone take a chill pill. If you cannot provide your arguments in a calm and constructive-ish manner, keep it to Skype, please.
Quote:Hannibal Wrote:
I haven't been playing for years in omicrons, if your trying to imply there was "bias" in anything i've voted so far i'm afraid your out of luck..

Quote:GuapMan wrote:
If you're so confident that you didn't biasly vote to ban Lyth in order to secure your own agendas, then why did you ban him? He's the only person out of the six who has been banned without a reason, with very flimsy evidence that doesn't add up, and the Staff aren't willing to tell him or even the greater community why he was banned.

The filippant and liberal use of the word 'toxic' to describe him without ever expanding upon why he's toxic, combined with the Staff's unwillingness to tell him and us why he got banned, greatly points to the fact that you did ban him biasly for your own personal reasons and you're too afraid to disclose those, which is disgusting because banning Lyth has been a huge mistake (the guy never deserved it and since he's been banned the Omicrons have died).

Agreed
Im not sure it can get much calmer than writing on a forum...however im curious,when i was an admin in one of the games we had a certain stats sheet of admin activities , if i assume that its the same case here , the admins could just be competing on who can get more "work" done...at our expense.
(09-05-2016, 04:05 PM)Achilies Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure it can get much calmer than writing on a forum...however im curious,when i was an admin in one of the games we had a certain stats sheet of admin activities , if i assume that its the same case here , the admins could just be competing on who can get more "work" done...at our expense.

There is no such thing here.

The only leaderboard that existed was the admin inactivity one. It's been archived a few years ago when Blodo was crowned King of the eternal inactivity.
XTF event done before without problems and this year Hannibal comes and shuts such event? While previous admins never did such thing? Where peoples common sense gone?

think about what you doing and what can lead after it twice before rolling everything to hell and cause yet another staff-community flamewar. Staff already got so much dirt around and all you did was worsening the situation.
(09-05-2016, 08:55 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very 'nice' way of spending your time,thank you for that Wink
Unfortunately from my own experience all i can say is that i still stand by my statement which i made 3 years ago, there were players ingame that helped new players learn the game and in general were just nice to them,something i see being done a lot less by players these days..
I have been called a great many things in my time – that's discovery. This is the first time someone's implied though, that I wasn't nice on Discovery. But I get it, you want to blame people like me for the decline of the community. Absolving yourself of all blame despite the fact that you're the one who actually has power and authority here.

Well let me tell you, sir, that the server collapse was caused, more than anything, by bad administrative policy and the total failure of bad regulation, rather than by bitter players. Before you lot, this community’s administration was about the server and forum rules, preventing cheating and scams, and our right to roleplay as individuals and as a community. Now, it's about everything we do, and more than that, it’s about your vision for the server.

And what is the reaction of the Discovery political class? Well the Admins, still think that the server is a success! Where you get this from, I don't know. Perhaps you're considering an alternative career as stand up comedians, once you've finally killed Disco.

(09-05-2016, 08:55 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]a few more insults later find something i can actually comment upon:
I haven't been playing for years in omicrons, if your trying to imply there was "bias" in anything i've voted so far i'm afraid your out of luck..
You can dismiss my valid and legitimate criticism as insults if you want, but I'm a nationally ranked and very successful debater (see previous post). In the debate community, we call that "poor argumentation". I suppose it's hard to grasp the fineries of argumentation when you have trouble grasping the fineries of the medium through which the argument is taking place. It might be worth your while to invest in some better English training. I hear it's a remarkably useful language these days.

I'll address your very flawed defense of your bias in a moment.

(09-05-2016, 08:55 AM)Hannibal Wrote: [ -> ]How can you speak on behalf the "majority" of the players when you don't really play the game yourself?Since you don't i must ask you what type of content do you enjoy if your still here? I personally i'm afraid i won't like the answer for that if it were 'genuine' ..

How can you claim to not be biased when voting to literally ban players when you don't really play in the Omicrons yourself? Since you don't, I must ask you what type of content do you enjoy if you're still here? I personally am afraid I won't like the answer you give to that question, if it's at all genuine that is.

Though I guess the biggest reason why you must've stopped playing in the Omicrons was because you were waiting for the opportunity to rid the region of folks like Lyth, who didn't contribute to the vision you must've had for the region. Am I right?

To answer your question, it doesn't take an idiot, or even an active player (these days people like you can make it feel like those are one and the same when you're just going to ban players like Karst and Lyth who are active in a way that you don't like) to see that this administration does not reflect the thoughts, hopes and aspirations of ordinary players. It does nothing for roleplay or activity growth and widens further still the play-style polarization that continues to plague this community.

You want to know what type of content I enjoy? I don't believe you ask that question with any hint of validity, seeing as how you just demonstrated with your gross mishandling of the XTF event and the BHG sanctions that you don't care about the enjoyment of other players unless it fits into your vision for server content. But I'll tell you what people like me, and the vast majority of the community seeks.

We seek an amicable divorce from the Discovery administration and its replacement with a genuine ruleset which respects player autonomy, which is what the previous generation thought we’d get from these admins in the first place.

Once we've got an administration that decides it's wrong to violate player autonomy without justification, we can start looking at actually enjoying the game again.
Also, , you didn't answer one of my damned questions.
(09-05-2016, 07:35 PM)Irwin Wrote: [ -> ]We seek an amicable divorce from the Discovery administration and its replacement with a genuine ruleset which respects player autonomy, which is what the previous generation thought we’d get from these admins in the first place.

Once we've got an administration that decides it's wrong to violate player autonomy without justification, we can start looking at actually enjoying the game again.

I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly as it's not very clear, but are you suggesting getting rid of the (current?) administration and replacing it with nothing but a ruleset (or with a new admin team made of idk who) ?
(09-05-2016, 07:53 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I understand your post correctly as it's not very clear, but are you suggesting getting rid of the (current?) administration and replacing it with nothing but a ruleset (or with a new admin team made of idk who) ?

At this point, any new administration is better than the rotten one we have now. Obviously we need admins to enforce the rules, but these one's go about doing that in the most destructive manner I've ever seen. Any new admin team should be chosen and selected by the community, because I wouldn't trust this administration to boil eggs. Lord knows that previous iterations of the administration throughout the years, even the successful ones, have done an absolutely botched job of picking their successors, creating a self-perpetuating cycle of terrible admins. The community needs to be granted the ability to function as a check on the administration, otherwise we end up with an administration like the current one which gets away with numerous abuses and destructive behaviors which continue to cause the server to decline.