Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

to: Tiburcio Vasquez and Groggy
cc: Zoner Council

Hola senor Vasquez,

We regret that this happened,
of course this wont stand without repercussions for the Bounty hunter vessel
as noted in this message and noted in our "laws"

Quote:Moved and seconded that NO assault forces staging for attacks on their enemies be allowed to use ANY Zoner facility for this purpose. Documented proof of such abuse of Zoner facilities will be punishable by complete and permanent banishment from our Freeports and Bases for the offending party or parties.

Bounty Hunter Ship Groggy is hereby officialy Banned for 2 weeks from any Zoner Freeport/facility

J.Archer Out.

Opening Transmission
Comm ID: ********41
Name:
Caleb Swift, Xeno
Target: Council of Zoners

Me and my men recently were attacked by a Zoner Albatross battlecruiser named "MR-Beast", and a beast it was. It mounted numerous Nomad weapons and was very indiscriminate in its fire on us and the LNS-Raleigh (when it told the Beast to get lost).

It was destroyed, but we request either reparations or that at least the MR-Beast be notified of Zoner diplomatic standings, zones of operation, etc. etc.

I can't believe you let idiots fly your heavy ships. If you do, could you do us a favor: kill the Captain and give the ships to us. They'd be put to better use.

~ Caleb Swift

End Transmission
Comm ID: I.K.S. Vor'tcha
To: *******41

MR-Beast? MR is the Molly Republic. What they're doing in a Zoner Albatross vessel is beyond any Zoner's knowledge. What's weirder is a Molly in Colorado space. I, for one, will be on the lookout for this "Beast."

Commander Matok
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Zoner Council

During a trade run today, I noticed a lot of activity in Omicron Theta around FP9. A few Corsair ships, BH's and some others. One in particular was a Corsair Praefect cruiser. I requested he move off the Freeport if he was to fire his guns, which he did. I wish I could remember his ID as I was having camera trouble at the time. He left for Gamma. He asked, "are you sure?" when he left. I hope he didn't take things the wrong way. I didn't tell him to leave, just move off the Freeport a bit. If anything comes of it, I'll take responsibility for it even though I have nothing to apologize for.

Note that I fly a Borderworlds ST freighter so if he wanted to, he could easily have dusted me but he didn't. He was a kool customer.

Doc
COM ID: [TAZ]Kyte

TO: CoZ

RE: Relations

********************* MESSAGE BEGINS ************************************
Honorable Council Members,

First I wish to Commend the cool heads of the pilots out there in the black for exercising their
restraint and keeping an eye on the big picture with regard to our relationships. Well done.

Secondly, to address the Xeno complaint. I find it highly suspect that a molly would be in Liberty Space to begin with, let alone flying one of our ships. I agree with Doc Holiday on this and suggest that we make no move to compensate without further investigation. We cannot be held responsible for the actions of someone who happened to be using our equipment, but we can look into the situation. I see no profit in simply handing out funds to anyone with a gripe. This would simply encourage more hands in our pockets. I would not feel comfortable setting THAT precedent.

As to the lack of participation in the Council. I understand the frustration surrounding the recent vote and the lack of representation. I can only hope that this was a fluke and certainly not to be repeated. While I do agree we need to secure an active group of participants, I am not entirely sure that strong arm tactics will be what we wish to employ at this juncture as such may discourage participation in the future. We must move forward with our agenda, and in the absence of others, cannot be delayed or compelled NOT to act in the Council. I suggest that a polite message be sent to individuals to advise of the situation and inquire as to their intentions. A broad communique that suggests sanction in the way of removal may be a touch too aggressive.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

With much respect,

Kyte

**************************** MESSAGE ENDS ********************************************
' Wrote:Opening Transmission
Comm ID: ********41
Name:
Caleb Swift, Xeno
Target: Council of Zoners

Me and my men recently were attacked by a Zoner Albatross battlecruiser named "MR-Beast", and a beast it was. It mounted numerous Nomad weapons and was very indiscriminate in its fire on us and the LNS-Raleigh (when it told the Beast to get lost).

It was destroyed, but we request either reparations or that at least the MR-Beast be notified of Zoner diplomatic standings, zones of operation, etc. etc.

I can't believe you let idiots fly your heavy ships. If you do, could you do us a favor: kill the Captain and give the ships to us. They'd be put to better use.

~ Caleb Swift

End Transmission

Comm ID: Furball
To: Council

Mr Swift doesn't seem to know one ship from another and appears to believe the Albatross Battlecruiser is a Zoner ship, hardly surprising for a Xeno I suppose. I suggest the Council inform him that the ship in question is built by the IMG, and with Molly identification and Nomad weapons I'm intrigued to know from Mr Swift how this constitutes a violation by Zoners.

Furball Out.
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Council Members
RE: GST

I think we need to make a statement and publicly distance ourselves from the GST. They claim to be Zoners yet which I believe they are BUT they are also making us look bad with their smuggling and defiance in Liberty space. We don't need other Zoner organizations to suffer because of it.

Doc
to: council

"if this group severely damages our reputation, it should be enough to just officially get some political distance to them. - before such steps are taken, we need to get an objective picture of what really happened.

i do not recommend to base a decision of such a magnificance on rumors and hearsay. - shiplogs of communication, logs of sensor data or neutral specators should be asked.

in doubt - we should not exclude them from the community of zoners - we are better than that. - we don t consider someone to be guilty before his innocence is proven.

E.Tate out"
' Wrote:Comm ID: Furball
To: Council

Mr Swift doesn't seem to know one ship from another and appears to believe the Albatross Battlecruiser is a Zoner ship, hardly surprising for a Xeno I suppose. I suggest the Council inform him that the ship in question is built by the IMG, and with Molly identification and Nomad weapons I'm intrigued to know from Mr Swift how this constitutes a violation by Zoners.

Furball Out.

From Caleb Swift

My good sir, I understand that the Albatross is an IMG design. I said "Zoner Albatross" because it was flying Zoner colors all over. The Mollys had nothing to do with it.

I have been informed that this Council is powerless over this matter, so I'll kindly blow the ship up whenever I come across it in the future.
Source: RFS Freedom, Omicron Theta

Well, if the crazy Molly-Zoner-Miner-Libertonian is destroyed, that's one less problem we have to worry about. I say we step back and let the Xenos deal with him.

With regards to the less active members of the Council, we could perhaps place them into a probationary list with a notice that if they demonstrate that they no longer wish to participate in the council, their names will be removed permanently within a month or so.
The list does seem rather long, and a sort of giant... enema might be called for.

With regards to the slave trade- we believe that at this time, it is not a matter for the Council to intervene on.
We of the Robinson clan, however, being against any action that constrains or restricts human free will, will interdict any slave vessel that we come across, the freedom of thousands of slaves outweighing the free trade of one slaver. But again, we will not necessarily support Council regulation of this issue.

And congratulations to the new Chairman. May you find success in preserving the autonomy of ourselves, our fellow Zoners, and our fellow man.

-Jonah Robinson
Robinson Clan PA Officer