Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Chairglobe F-23 Discordia.

*Delegates, while enjoying the view above Canaria, I encountered two [TC] vessels. One, Orillion, was an R/T with Zoner ID and a police transponder. Not too bad..

*However, the other, the Nagentus, was a Bret Dessie with BAF ID and police tag. I requested that this vessel leave system, as the Brets have no business in 49, and may not even know its location.

*It would be nice if someone from the "Trade Coalition" would explain these discrepancies in ID's, tags, and ships; and state their purpose and intentions in Omega 49.

*Until such time as the Council gains more information on these rather confused newcomers, I suggest that all Zoners keep a wary eye out for [TC] vessels, and report any glaring infractions or inconsistancies to the Council.*
Incoming Transmission
To: Zoner Council
Subject: Protection of Omega 49
Priority:
High

Message reads: It is with much pleasure that I can say, on behalf of the JG, that Omega 49 is even better protected than before. We decided an update of our fleet was in due order, and scrapped our extremely old Outcast Dreadnaught to purchase the famed Zoner Juggernaught. The revealing ceremony was quite large, with 9 members coming to celebrate, along with some independent Zoners who happened to see the show. I will stream a hologram from the night at the end of this transmission.

Continuing our trend of protecting Omega 49, the JG have decided we will buy Omega 50. It is very close buy and will serve as a great opportunity to even further protect our beloved home, Gran Canaria. We are investigating the possibility of adding a Freeport, and if not - terraforming the unknown planet into one that can sustain life. Whilst the funds are being raised we will discuss various aspects related to the system, and would love the for the Council to provide us with some input in regards to this matter.

[Image: screen40.jpg]

I look forward to hearing your timely responses,

Kind regards,

Shimmer

Transmission ends
Greetings fellow council members.

On a split decision, the TG council elected to switch to a Zoner Juggarnaut as our company HQ, and are happy to annouce the success of its maiden flight last night from Corfu Base in Omicron Theta to Freeport 6 in Tau 29.

Trader's Guild would also like to extend our thanks to TAZ for the invited tour of Baffin with our new HQ ship. The ship stands ready to transport guild masters and senior officers for the guided tour of the system from TAZ.

On a seperate note, we would like to congradulate Juipter Guild on the aqusition of an impressive new military fleet. We welcome the protection offered by your forces for Gran Canaria as a sign of growing Zoner strength.
|Incomming Transmission|
To: Zoner Council
Subject: New Council Member

Greetings Fellow Members
My name is Alan West the spreaking represenative of SFM. We are looking foward to speak with other members of the .Council that is related of the Zoner way of life.
We at SFM will keep you informed of events at Freeport 2 in the Bering System. As we are using it as our new headquarters away from House space.

Regards
Alan West
Sirius Flea Market Represenative
Sirius' First Flea Market, In Space

//End
Juan banged his head against the computer terminal screen.

"Password, password. What is the bloody password...."

Juan's neural net was a mess. Random folder after random folder, "Zen Expulsion, Research into 'Penta-barf', grocery lists," until finally he found a folder that looked promising.

"Zoner issues! Finally! "

Lucendez input the password: Flying Duchess. The holo-transmitter hummed to life and Juan was thrust into Zoner politics. He waited patiently for an opening.

"Er, Hi." Juan's hologram crossed the room and sat down into a chair, legs folded and hands in lap.

"I request an audience with the Zoner Council immediately with an issue that not only concerns you, being Zoners, and us, being Corsairs, but also your allies in the Order and most non-infested humans." Juan looked over his hologram's hands, cupped around his nose.

"But please, finish your deliberations." Juan's hologram beamed a smile to those present. Most he know, several he didn't.

The Trader's Guild takes the threat of nomad infestation very seriously.

As we deal regularly in nomad technology, it is our business to know and deal with such threats. If this mercenary proves to be infested as you say, the guild will deploy collector agents to disable or destroy his ship.

Having said that, we request the right to capture the subject alive, which our agents are trained for.

We have sought a live infested subject for some time, and are willing to pay well for it.
i apologize for my earlier action im letting the past catch up with me i will meet the Demands of the zoner council and will not be a lone wolf again i apologize
Juan sat in his chair watching the banter. Suddenly his image flickered with several lines of static, distorting his figure. Back on Crete, he attempted to stabilize the signal from something that was breaking through Corsair communications.

"I'm sorry amigos but it seems I may not be able to hold my signal very long. I'm currently bouncing this transmission from several Order Satellites straight through Liberty under an encoded algorithm."

The Elder scanned the room, no one seemed to mind him speak, so he resumed.

"I know many of you have seen the Nomad threat increase in several parts of the Sector. Especially in the Omicrons. But, what you probably didn't know was the increase of infection cases that go unnoticed."

"Certainly, most here know that many in the Bretonian Armed Forces are addicted to Cardamine, using their position to grant Outcast smugglers passage. We know that the Outcasts use Cardamine to control many of the lower reaches of civilization. From mob bosses to Admirals, to Zoners like yourselves. Now, what does Cardamine have to do with the Nomads?"

Juan reached his arm out in the air and punched the keys on the terminal on Crete.

"I'm uploading tactical data from our computers on Crete. These are all recent photos. I would suggest you all look at them."

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/C...d/screen367.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/C...d/screen387.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/C...d/screen376.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/C...d/screen373.jpg

"We all know the Outcasts deal in the drug that makes a human physically dependent for the rest of his or her known life. And now the Nomads have started to openly help them in their battles with us. Cardamine changes a person at the genetic level, and we still don't know the overall effect of that change. Now, suddenly, Outcasts are receiving help, I would almost call it an alliance."

"The Nomads came to us once, thinking us to be easily crushed and subjugated. They infested us and used our own governments and ships in an attempt to destroy us. They underestimated us and that cost them a great deal. Now they are taking things slower, more methodical. Chipping away at our colonies in the Sector, faction by faction. I'm sure most Outcast rank and file aren't working directly for the aliens, but neither were the Rhienlanders, or the Libertonians. This. Has. Got. To. Be. Stopped."

Juan would have made a grand closing gesture by slamming his fist on the table, but his hologram simply fell through.

"I know what I ask is heresy in these rooms. Zoner neutrality is prized. We have ongoing operations in the Taus and Omicrons, as well as a "trident" approach that is currently top secret. We pray we have enough warships and allies to choke Malta and The Ravine economically, but we don't know if we can actually halt their military strikes. If the Outcasts and Nomads are successful in wiping out the houses, along with the Corsairs, who would you trade with? What would stop them from breaking neutrality for their masters?"

"The Order once rebelled against their government, because they didn't want humanity to die quickly and efficiently. I'm here to gather recruits for the coming fight, and to beg this Council for action in these times."

Juan cupped his hands together and leaned back in his chair, visibly exhausted.
to: council

"dear me, you have some flattening evidence of this rumored alliance between the keeper nomads and the outcasts. - that is a dangerous threat that can destabilize the powers of sirius greatly - definitely something we do not approve.

however, we are not soldiers, but civilians. - my first reaction to that would be to call for someone that is experienced in fighting - but someone that hates you and that you hate as much as the nomads. - the hunters guild. - have you ever thought of a truce between the corsairs and the guild to strike against such a powerful alliance like the outcasts and the nomads? - well, that is an idea that is most probably far fetched, i daresay.

however, if help is needed, i could most probably assist - not with the Persephone though - this ship is too precious to be led into such a battle, but i can surely assist with my strikecraft.

more important than some battle is - what are the future plans to face such a threat? - any further plans than the old, charge and kill? - any plans that you are willing to share with us - or are there not yet plans forged.

all in all, our sensors pick up more and more nomads each day, their numbers are literally exploding - and have doubled if not trippled over the last months. - there was even another battleship beside the harbinger, which appears to be repaired fairly quickly each time - surely with the help of the outcasts.

for me, the alliance with the outcasts means one thing. - i use the greatest weapon we can use - no more flights will be done to outcast territory to support them with our goods. - an embargo appears in order... but a unified embargo would be a decision to be made by the council. - for me it is not hard to cut all ties to the outcasts - as i have none anyway.... but there are other zoners that depend on them as the outcasts depend on the supplies.

we might put it before the council if we want to cut or at least lower our trade support with the outcast cartel and in return maybe improve our trade relationship with the corsairs - at least until the powers are in balance again. - the corsairs must be kept strong enough to fight the new threat, cause if they falter, we might be next.

E.Tate out"
*Hade's hologram rises instantly from his "seat" to respond*

Eldar Juan of the Corsairs,

The evidence you bring before this council is grave indeed. While I am not ready to throw support behind your cause it is difficult to deny the increase in nomad activity in Sirius.

What I can deny is a proposterous alliance between outcasts and nomads. That free thinking human beings would *choose* to work with nomads, or that the creatures would associate with non-infested people is ludicrous. I have heard of the outcast "great spirit" tradition involving nomads as the guardians of their dead, but I find it hard to believe it would move to more than religious fantasy.

You are bold indeed to step into our council and demand an open alliance with the Zoners. The Corsairs of course would have everything to gain from such events. We Zoners on the other hand would have everything to lose. While some of my fellow council members may have no ties to the outcasts, others like the Trader's Guild do. Furthermore there are several Freeports not so far away from Outcast space. What would become of the poor citizens of those stations if we declared open war on such a well armed enemy?

I am not ready to give up our "prized" neutrality quite so easily, as I can remember the zoner blood that was shed to uphold it.

Nothing you have shown us today is concrete evidence to act against the Outcasts and more importantly to force us into an alliance with you.

--

However, having said all of this, I continue to take the nomad threat very seriously. Prove that the situation is as dire as you say Elder, and there is hope for your cause yet...

*Hade's hologram finally sits back down and folds his hands across his chest, seemingly waiting...*