Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

An issue came up yesterday that I'm unsure how to deal with and have wondered about in the past.

What do we do when one of our Freeports is firing upon a ship, but the ship in question is something like an independent trader with whom we are supposed to be neutral?

Someone yesterday called upon us, complaining about an advanced train smuggling Cardamine. The train had fled into the safety of Freeport 2's no-fire zone, but apparently this train was not liked by the station, and the station's turrets were firing at it.

What to do in this situation? I basically told the pilot that was complaining that he was out of luck and the no-fire zone stands.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Now that things have calmed a bit, I believe there is a motion before this Council.

It was suggested that the motion be amended to exclude the TBH and Benitez families from a general ban on Corsair vessels at Freeport 1.

Can we get on with the discussion and voting, please?
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Malaclypse/Council

I'm for the idea of excepting The Brotherhood and the Benitez Family from the Freeport 1 Corsair ban and initiating a re-vote. While there is a situation with the IMG and Brotherhood in Omega-49, that should not influence this motion, but be dealt with separately. Perhaps showing we can compromise with them will help in future negotiations regarding that matter when we get around to it.

As The Brotherhood has said; It left the Corsair Council and that, as well as the fact that I have not heard of any Brotherhood ships taking part in the violations of Freeport 1's No-Fire Zone or stationing capital ships, should be enough reason to allow their continued presence.

I vote Yes to removing The Brotherhood and Benitez from the Freeport 1 ban, and to putting it into effect if/when it is amended.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: Ironfoot

To: Zoner Council

' Wrote:Comm ID: Malaclypse

Now that things have calmed a bit, I believe there is a motion before this Council.

It was suggested that the motion be amended to exclude the TBH and Benitez families from a general ban on Corsair vessels at Freeport 1.

Can we get on with the discussion and voting, please?

I am relatively new to this council and do not know much detail of the last few years of history between the Zoners and the Corsairs, as I have pretty much kept myself to myself in distant systems to the ones in and around Freeport 1, but I say that any attempt to try and stop this situation from escalating out of control is beneficial to all Zoners.

I do however believe that if the TBH and Benitez are honourable people they will attempt to help calm down the situation on their side also, but they may also choose to reject this offer as a sign of solidarity to their Corsair brothers.

What about some sort of registration agreement for allowing ships to dock at freeport 1, if they misbehave they lose the privelage. Maybe a small deposit fee would be required, a good deed bond, that they would lose if struck off? and if they behave accordingly after a while they could have the deed returned to them
COMM ID: Ray Ventana, Kornephoros
TO: Zoner Council

Like Ironfoot I'm a new member of this institution, therefore thanks for the voting right.
From what I've seen, none of the members of the Brotherhood nor any relative of the Benitez family disrepected our laws at Freeport 1 for now. The only molesters were independent pilots, who are constantly violating our rules.

Therefore I vote for yes. Let the Zoner law-abiding men gain access to our Freeport.
**Incoming Transmision**

To: The Zoner Council
From Samuel Nichols of Omicron Supply Industries.

Mesage reads:

I vote Yes to removing the The Brotherhood and the Benitez Family from the Freeport 1 Corsair ban. I agree for a re-vote on whether or not to ban the OPG.

Are we including Indie Corsairs in this also? I know some of them are an issue. Although we need to speed this up a bit or the ban will go into place long after the incidents are forgotten.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

On a completely unrelated note, the scientists and mechanics onboard our ship that aren't busy gawking at the power cell we have locked down have been working on designs for a new ship. Something a little prettier than the Virages we're making now. I'll have some data available as soon as I have something worth presenting. The backing of the council would probably go a long way towards having the shipbuilders approve it.

On the related note, are we going to finish and tally this vote?

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

Greetings,

From my experience I know that those who abused or neglected FP1 NFZ were either OPGs or independent Corsairs.

As for the Brotherhood and Benitez I support the motion, although I believe that certain non-official factions (like HAF, TURANICS, etc) should be excluded from ban as well, since there were no reports of their members breaking the law and HAF does no piracy, so they rarely come to Omega 3.

**Transmission ends**
To: Council of Zoners
Topic: vote on temporary ban

[font=Palatino Linotype]Dear Delegates,

I see that more of us are in favor of excluding consecutive Corsair factions from the (eventual) temporary ban, as all of us have some positive experiences with some particular Corsairs. Wouldn't you therefore find reasonable to -- lets say -- revert the question? How about defining *whom* exactly we don't want to see around our stations, instead of banning all the Corsairs nation and subtracting some factions from this set?

Our reason is as mentioned several posts before: avoiding application of the joint responsibility.

Best regards,
Dr. Werner Mazursky,
Zoners Trading Consortium Ltd.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s):Werner Mazursky

That would be ideal Mazursky, if we knew the exact identities of the violators. Unfortunately, not everything gets reported, and even when it does, getting an accurate account of the people involved is difficult at best. If not bad enough, it is very easy for people to change their ship transponders to a different name. We mark down who violates and all they must do is rename their ships and we would have no idea who they are.

Since keeping track of the violators is such a tricky business, it is much more practical for a temporary ban to encompass the whole organization from which the perpetrators originate, while making certain groups from that organization an exception. Not only does it allow us to adequately protect Freeport 1 and ban those responsible, but it encourages other Corsairs to teach their 'rogue' members proper control and respect of our No-Fire Zones. Hearing it from someone in their own nation will do much more good than any words we say to them.

And Al Noori, I would be just fine with making HAF an exception to the ban, if not for two facts;

One; they regularly use Freeport 1 as a staging point to launch attack on Cambridge. Why they and other Corsairs do this still confuses me, considering how close Cadiz is to Cambridge already. And I believe this council already decided that people are not to be allowed to use Freeports as staging points for attacks on others. That tempts their victims to take matters into their own hands, and that results in more fights outside our Freeports. That the Corsairs, who have long complained about the actions of Bounty Hunters at Freeport 9, are now doing the exact same thing with Freeport 1 appalls me.

The second is that I personally witnessed them threatening a Bounty Hunter who was sitting near Freeport 1. He had not fled there, nor was he tormenting any pirates in Omega-3 or protecting anyone. He was simply sitting at Freeport 1 waiting for another Hunter to arrive. When I showed up, the HAF were close to attacking him. After they saw me, they backed off and attacked Cambridge instead. This same Bounty Hunter had been a target of a Corsair Dreadnought only a day prior to this incident. Again, at Freeport 1. The issue here isn't solely related to those Corsairs who engage in piracy. The ones out for battle are just as, if not more, willing to break our Freeport laws.

I think those two reasons are enough to justify my decision not to exclude the Hispania Armed Forces from the Freeport ban. I cannot speak of Turanics, for I have not seen many. However, I believe in allowing concessions, such as those given to The Brotherhood and Benitez, for those who have earned our trust. Not for those who haven't broken it yet.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission