Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the council

"for evaluation of the damage done - i might refer to the now ( edited ) complete damage report. a team of experts have visited the site and inspected the damage done. short term as well as long term damage was assessed and repairs were initiated.

our future actions might be based on what was done to *us* - or the damaged site.

for further information, - check report #895

E.Tate out"
Rashida settles back in what appears to be a large armchair, although, from its mounting, it looks more like a bridge command chair. She seems more collected at this point, her hair once again returned to it's 'normal' style (however, several of the plaits now appear to be dyed a virulent green).

"Well, from where I's sittin', looks ta me like you Wand'r fellers gots yerself an issue. I's got certain intel from reli'ble sources dat you fellers been usin' dat dere battleship o' yers ta 'unt pirates in da sigmas. I also 'as info on da fact dat yew's been bein' agressive ta certain 'ouse forces.

"Now, while I 'as no parti'clr likin' fer 'ouses, I mus' say dat chasin' aroun' in dere territoree wiv gurt warships ain't 'elpful to us less militarisic types.

"Also, yer attitude tawards da Coalishun is a mite disrespec'ful, an' 'as been from da beginnin', dictatin' ta 'em as ta what politics dey should follo' an' tellin' dem dat dey 'as know knowledge o' da term peace. In fact, da people as seem ta be agin' peace are yersel's, wi' yer "Zoner armee" an' yer "back off, or we shoots" attitude.

"Now, assumin' dat Mizz Tate's assesment o' da damadge is accurate, an' she seems ta be da reli'ble type, da only casualties sustained so far is da ones on da Crater Lake an' da Coalishun transport dat was erroneously shot down. At dis point, I an' me crew, an' I'd imagine, an 'ole lot more o' like-minded individuals would prefer it t' stay at dat on both sides. As such, I 'opes dat we can come ta an agreement wi' dese people, an' let 'em get back ta doin' whatevah it is dey was doin', wivout 'avin ta watch dere backs fer anuvver front.

"Oh, an' dat private transmishun yeh sent me about 'ow 'true' zonas be'ave, well, dat was quite a laugh ta read."

She reaches over the side of her chair and returns with what appears to be an excessively large sausage (at least 2 feet in length), held in an exceptionally small roll (barely as big as her hand). She proceeds to garnish this with a long trail of reddish-brown sauce, before tucking into it with great gusto.
Comm ID: F-23 Discordia, Chairglobe

Before we proceed, Delegates, I move we give a vote of thanks to Sister Elizabeth for her comprehensive Damage Report. Well done, Liz.

Let me summarize. The damage done planetside by the SCRA during its "evacuation" appears to be minimal, and not intended to harm Zoner personnel. Both McIntosh and F-23 Shamus have concurred that the destroyed Coalition transport was targeted by accident. If a globe can have regrets, Shamus has them.

Now.. this "Limited Declaration". I can "see" some of you breathing a sigh of relief; while others seem to feel the Council should respond in support of those groups still on the Coalition's "hit list". The delightful patois of Sister Rashida seems to reflect the former, while of course Brother Mannock champions the latter approach.

The Chair will entertain further discussion on our response to the Coalition; but I remind the delegates that securing all Zoner bases and interests defensively should be our first priority. Gran Canaria and Omega 49 seem secure at the moment; but the lockdown of the entire system has been questioned by some Delegates..

I suggest that the Council deliberate on the status of the lockdown. Should the lockdown be lifted completely? Should we limit trade in system to certain groups, or should we open Canaria to trade completely, and get our economy moving again?
to: council

"now, the very fundamental idea of our trade system and our relationships throughout sirius is of course the idea of a freeport. - we do not have any prejudice towards most groups of sirius, - well so long as they are mostly human at least - and i firmly believe in this idea that has so far been a model of success.

our freeport stations should of course remain "free"-ports to anyone. - and so the question is if we treat our one and only sanctuary, Gran Canaria as a "free"-port, too.

right now - we need traders to establish a solid and reliable trade with gran canaria to make up for the economical loss of the areas of GC that depended on the military presense of the coalition. - we might not like the ways the coalition does their deeds, but we cannot deny that they provided a significant area with a reliable economic system that needs to be filled up again.

so - i do vote for reopening the whole system to all trade affairs again - but still be on alert. - usual freeport operations are done in utmost neutrality. we don t question those that dock about their intentions as long as they acknolege the laws of our juristication. - in gran canaria however, i d suggest to do keep our eyes open - and ... in cases where suspecion is justified - even deny docking. the planet is of some interest to other forces - a fact that we have feared for a long time.

such a watchful eye does not require a massive military presense though. - just enough to ensure that our will is backed up sufficiently. i am thinking of a voluntary group of judges that consider incoming ships. if one appears to be suspicious, they should be imbued with the authority to ask the docking-ring crew to execute a total shutdown to prevent such ships from docking.

i do also recommend to move our warships into the shadows again. - i think we made a point by showing that we do have them. there is little to gain and more to loose when we keep them patrolling openly in the surrounding space. - they also showed that they can reach the destination quickly enough to respond to any threat made. - the security of our stations is of equal importance - so station commanders should not weaken their defensive forces for gran canaria too much. - during all the incident we must not forget that a greater enemy is still lurking out there - biding their time and waiting. - intel shows that the nomads and their minions are restlessly working on something and we must not focus our attention away from this even greater danger to mankind.

E.Tate out"
Comm-ID.: Adam Rotschild

Once again, I concur with the line of thougt, issued by the Delegates Tate, Mal and Discordia.

Though I have to mention that a surgically strike...with the intent to endanger no lives...is a little different from an orbital bombardement without a warning. Honestly...a few well placed explosives, as they are used in any usual break down of large constructions...and a warning a short time ahead would have been much safer and would have cost no lives at all. And of course this approach would not have triggered a battle and the accidental and sad destruction of the Coalitions transport. This, my fellow delegates, was far away from something I would call a surgical strike. This was simply an action to show off their muscles and their attitude. Hundreds got killed because of this foolishness.

But proposing hostilitys is far from what I want to do. As I mentioned, I approve the suggestions of my fellow delegates. We should return to a normal state as soon as possible. Our forces have to return to the nebulas and shadows of sirius. For our kind of movement...and considering the widespread positon of our bases and interests, it is by far the best strategy to keep the mass of our forces in constant movement...and as much hidden as possible.

On the other Hand....this attack was a wake-up call. This time it were a few shortsighted, greyfaced braggadocios who did not as much damage as they could have done...if they had really wanted it. The Dangers are manyfold...and who knows who will knock on the door of our only sactum the next time. The wise Delegate Tate proposed a kind of guard for Gran Canaria....and I strongly approve.

Delegate Mal pointet out that our strenght lies in our inherent podgyness...and he is right. But...and maybe that is expected from me, being named after two ancient illuminated seers of bavaria...I feel obligated to throw a little hodge into the fray.

These form of...guard, Delegate Tate proposed, is in my eyes neccessary. But we are no house and chaos and imagination is not only our ally it is our main force. We live as Zoners, we fight as Zoners I say. We need no categorized and red taped military, showing its power and presence everywhere. We are equals, we are no soldiers serving a house for a good paycheck. We serve the Zoner movement because we are a family.

So whoever wants to protect our homes should do so I say...voluntarily of course. But....do so as Zoners. Keep a low profile, keep your strength hidden...keep potential enemys guessing, my friends. Oh...and keep podgy...remember, true communication is only possible among equals, so no admirals...officers and such things. If there is someone wise and with expirience, his advices will reach your ear, even when there is no fabulous title on his collar.

Oh....and during this....crisis....military training was often mentioned. Well...if you feel you need to improve your teamwork and fighting abilitys...just do it. No one is hindering you. You need no fancy maneuver for that. Talk to the other voluntarily defenders....or with the expirienced Freeport-defenders....and...well...train.

Let us all stick apart. Wise words and exactly what we need to do right now.

Hail Eris.

Rotschild out.
Comms ID: Manuel Martinez Commander of Talion Law

To: Council and Zoners.

Saludos Brothers and Sisters,

someone accused us of attack pirates (Outcasts and Corsairs, exactly) for our security forces, but if you explain a history, better if you are accurate. Untill today the only casualties make for ours forces is a Nomad and an Outcast destroyer that shoot us and Katsuo-san from GMG (help was requesting by GMG security forces). Others skirmises were with two pirates for attack ours traders and before signed agreements with Outcasts and Corsairs (and others, our council dont want that we shoot anyone if he pays us for the damaged caused and repay for the damage that we made).

Respect to ours SCRA "friends" never, and repeat never an armed ship of the ours Security and Combat Wings (a few fighters and one bomber the first and one capital ship the second) combat a SCRA ship. The reports of Exploration Wing confirm us that they never encountered a SCRA ship and the Trade Wing only two times were in the same system (Omega 50 both and after requested permission to pass through Omega 52 and with the same answer: NO).

The men and women of Wanderers Brotherhood no want a war, we only defend ours interests and of the others Zoners and allies. Im not a political or diplomatic, but if you, friends zoners, allow that SCRA divided us you are making a great mistake (divide et impera).

Comms ID: Mannock Benitez, Captain of Nostromo and Zoner Delegate

To: Rashida

Copy: Zoner Council

Greetings Sister Rashida,

I think that my friend Manuel Martinez inform you about their limited actions versus piracy. I draw two conclusions:

-You are not well informed about those incidents and ours goals. We are Zoners in heart and in mind, we help others, want a peaceful Sirius and love the space. Maybe, you can talk with our Oldest Brother Kullman about our very restricted code of conduct (//or you can read our faction proposal).

-You must more trust the words of yours fellow Zoners than SCRA ones.

I were very busy signing Treaties with all unlawful and lawful factions in Sirius where ours bussines go. I tried several times contact with SCRA, for the same reason, but they are deaf to ours proposals. We offer our help to everyone in this galaxy, my mistake was offer the same to Sitting Bear (a new SCRA officer) when he was in Omega 49 and I gave them a reason for theirs actions.

I do not regret anything. Unfortunately, I were unable to see the SCRA intentions, but probably another zoner had occupied my place in that unfortunate operetta orchestrated by SCRA High Command.

We dont ask help to others Sisters and Brothers Zoners. We hate war and if our sacrifice spare lives of ours lovely Sisters and Brothers, we accept that destination.

Admiral McIntosh, I know that you have acces to the comms of this council... best for me. Im a pacifist, I saw and see sufficient blood to abandon weapons, but if you force me to take my old ways... your skull would end up decorating Nostromo. It is not a threat, just your destiny.

We have time to find peaceful solutions. I open you a door, now is your time to decide if you want war or peace. Choose wisely (you are smart) Admiral McIntosh. Talk with your old friend Mal.

Message end

From: [WDR]Kullman - Oldest Brother Of The Wanderers Brotherhood
To: Council Of Zoner

Today is a sad day, today the SCRA finally declared all out war against zoners...

When my personal ship, an exploration vessel with designation [WDR]Kullman left Corfu to an exploration mission, with nothing on hold, and almost unarmed, only 2 cannons of 9 possible, were aproached with hostility by a SCRA vessel. The combat situation had not started cause I, seeing the danger, decided to dock back to Corfu, where the SCRA member called me coward to dock again. As i said the battle never started.

After that i called to one of the wanderers vessels, the [WDR]Werner which went to the area to ask the SCRA pilot to leave the area, he refused, and we continued trying to convince him to leave the area. The presence of that ship was a trap, as six more ships (at least 3 bombers, and some Raven's Talon ships) arrived from Omega 41, closing the trap. I headed to them and before beeing able to say nothing i was shooted.

After a short fight in which the [WDR]Werned forced to retire to Corfu, when it started reparations, and The Tallion Law was destroyed. In their side one bomber was destroyed.

As you can see they started a war, not in their system, not in a neutral or disputed system... They started it at home, in Omicron Theta, they came to find us, prepared the trap, and trapped us on it.

Oh well i guess than Admiral McIntosh will say than this was a mistake, or than we forced them to attack OUR vessels in OUR system, protecting OUR station. What i can say is than if they attack one zoner, they won't stop here, next time will be a independent zoner, a TAZ, a ZAS, or a JG.

Remember one thing for the people who never encountered with a SCRA, if you find one SCRA, you can be quite sure there are others near, they never move alone.

Comms ID: Mannock Benitez

To: Council and Zoners

Greetings Sisters and Brothers,

I have very unpleasant news... today SCRA attack Wanderer vessels. The report of the first attack is not my hands yet, but I have the second report.

"A few moments ago, 1 SCRA warship entered Omicrom Theta alone, but others 5 were in Omega 41. When ours forces demanded him that leave Corfu base, they insulted us and then the others entered too and began to shoot. One of ours ships (with low armament, leave the battle), but the Talion tried to contain the enemy and gone far from Corfu. One of the SCRA ships was destroyed (the pilot was rescued for his friends) and others severely damaged but the difference was overhelming. The crew of Talion suffered 36 deads and 182 wounded."

SCRA choose war... some of you maybe are thinking that if SCRA only attack Wanderers or Jupiters ships, you must not wrapped, that this is not your war. That was a trap and another is in front of all Zoners, if they divide us our dream is dead.

Now, its the moment... you can down yours arms and go to the slaughterhouse voluntarily or say enough... of deads because some shortminded decided to kill us, of lose sight and let them trample us.

We are at war, we like it or not. They take the decission to begin the war, we must take the decission to finish it.

A few hours ago, I said to all Zoner community that I didnt ask help. Now, I say the same: we no ask help of ours Sisters and Brothers. But remember that: your blood is not running today and tomorrow...

Thanks for your time.

Comms out

"They want our revenge, but no... not yet. Mal can change this situation and I dont want return to my olds ways. Where is my limit? How much blood am I able to withstand before kill someone? McIntosh ****************** killer, you must stop this or I promise for my ancestors that you will regreted to be born" The anger grew and the taste of his blood led to other battles, other wars, others times. He hit the wall marking his knuckles on it. "Maldito hipocrita, finish this war or Ill saw your head hanging here" Shout. The crew of the Nostromo go into his cabin, but they see him and decided that a withdrawal was the best option.

Transmission to: Zoner Council
Comm ID: Grand Admiral McIntosh, SCRA

Zoners, you may wish to consider the fact, that we did exactly what we said we would. Despite the destruction of Coalition Civilians by TAZ vessels, we accepted their statement that it was indeed a mistake, and then moved onto those that are the true problem, the WDR.

Today in Omicron Theta, their Flagship, the 'Talion Law', was completely destroyed by snubfighters of the Coalition's Red and Gold wings. The engagement initially began when a single light fighter, piloted by Commander Eugen Weise, passed through the system on his way to Omega 52. A Battleship and a Destroyer accosted him, refused to let him leave, as his ship was already seriously damaged from another engagement, and eventually opened fire opon him.

Re-enforcements soon arrived, under Commodore O'Jovem, and engaged the WDR ships. The Battleship soon exploded, whilst the Cruiser engaged some kind of cloaking device, and disapeared from my men's scanners. I'm not sure of the nature of that particular tactic, but I'd guess it's not very common among other zoners....

In any case, that is not the issue. Today, we did what we said we'd do. We killed as many WDR as we could get our hands on, and left the rest of you well alone. We're not declaring any wars, we're not going to start killing women and children, something those ex-pirate WDR might take into consideration. We're doing what we said we'd do.

If I were you, Zoners of the Council, I'd be taking a close look at your bedfellows...

Transmission Ended