Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--------Incoming Transmission-----------
---Speaker: Honorable Grand Admiral Marvin J. Orphelia---
-------Federation Juggernaut Midsummer Night Omega-49, Defensive Position in Orbit above Gran Canaria-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: coolieo.png]

Federation Juggernaut Midsummer Night ready to defend if needed. These renegades shall not tread on our greenest pasture...
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Delegate Jinx (and to all)

I do apologize for getting so angry. It's not very often that I do and I'm sitting down collecting myself after scaring Midori something aweful in my rage.

I have been tracking the QCP animals for some time now int he Taus and Kusari space but have only encountered one of them, a QCP Carruthers. It was actually Matok that found him. As I heard, he had a very good chat with him as he explained the lies being spread. Satisfied, Mr. Carruthers said he would look into it. Now, these animals invade our space and shoot our ships. Couple that with an illegal bounty.

Now, I will take a breather, a cold drink and apologize to my wife.

-Doc
to: council , mr holiday

"no worrys, - we re all upset, really. and i will always support forceful actions against those that disrespect our laws. - those that are at our doorstep are "guests" unless they fail to behave like guests. - the QCP spokesmen have accused us of atrocities and violations without foundations - and they patronized us as if we were some sort of fools.

but we must also look into the future. - for now, ceasing routes to bretonia is a step to be taken. - actions against the QCP, too. - but not directly. - thats not our way... not yet at least.

i am sure the QCP made countless enemies already and people will be glad to hunt them down. - we can place a 3.000.000 bounty on them for example. - that finances every fortune hunter a good ship - a ship that is used to attack them. - and the best part of it is ... its not us that are involved in the attacks. - there are many sons of killed transport captains, relatives of kusari pilots that were killed by the QCP or independent traders that would like to have a good reason to hunt them down - and i daresay, a good bounty is always a good reason.

i suggest - our military forces stay passive. - we enforce our NFZ - and that is all.

if we place a bounty on them, we need to achieve a consensus on the CoZ about it as it can affect the whole zoner community. - for now, i suggest we deny the QCP and associated vessels docking rights. - also bretonian traders that attempt to dock with our installations should be denied the right to dock, until the blanket bounty on zoners is officially removed."

postscript:

" it appears that the bounty has officially been nullified by the bretonian officials

---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: Warrants Office, Old Bailey, New London--

The Bretonian Police is the sole agency tasked with the enforcing and upholding of the law within Bretonian space.

Any person found to be attempting to collect on this bounty within the jurisdiction of the Police Authority will be breaking the law under the Offences Against the Person (Murder by Proxy) Act of 765 A.S.

This contract is therefore declared unlawful within Bretonia space - this includes any area under the Queen's sovereignty, meaning New London, Manchester, Leeds, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Tau 31, Dublin, Chester and Dundee as well.

What happens outside of Bretonia's sovereignty is not our concern.

Warrants Office

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--
so i suggest we just do not allow the QCP on our installations for the time being - until they officially apologize for violating our NFZ laws. "
***Incoming Transmission***
***Connection Established***

To: Zoner Council
Re: Bretonian docking rights.

I think that only Government and Bowex affiliated ships should be denied access, as I dont like the sound of making all of bretonia suffer because of their government. If we presume to punish all Bretonians then I think that kind of puts them into a rather hostile perspective. I personally dont want to be stoned whilst taking a stroll through Bretonian space.

Edit: //You post too fast for me Jinx:P//

Regards,
Capt. Xavier Triton

***Connection terminated***
***Ending Transmission***
Comm ID: Malaclypse

I would like to take a brief moment to thank you all, and to wish you well in whatever path the Zoner Community should decide to take in the future.

I believe Ambassador John Henry Holliday of the TAZ will serve you well as Acting Chairman until such time as Elections for a new Chairperson can be held.

I have placed into certain hands certain assets of the Freebird Security Squadron, and donated a sizeable portion of my personal fortune to the Council's Coffee Fund. I hope this will benefit the Council in prevailing during the critical and uncertain times ahead.

You may consider this my official resignation as Chairman.

Now, don't you have a vote to conclude? I believe Elder Sephardi is due the courtesy of having the Council's policies towards the Brotherhood made official.

Warm regards, and goodbye.

Mal

Comm ID: RFS Freedom
Encrypted Message to the Council of Zoners:

We are saddened to hear of your resignation, Mal, but understand that the circumstances make it very difficult to act as Chairman.

Regarding the vote at hand, the voting concludes at midnight SMT today.

Regarding the issue with Bretonia, we applaud Chairman Holliday's swift and bold actions, and hereby offer our full support.

We have been in contact with the head of Highland Security, which is an independent contracting firm. We suggest to the Council hiring them on a contractual basis, at least temporarily, to eliminate those who have murdered our brethren.

We furthermore propose that we rename Planet "New London" to Planet "New Gran Canaria" and begin shipping settlers there immediately, considering that nobody lives there yet. We also propose naming the system "Omega 48".

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Comms ID: Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

I would advise against officially contracting the Highland Security as that may upset Outcast factions. I believe that the Zoners have more than enough forces to stand on their own two feet.

I am more than saddened to hear that former Chairman Mal has resigned and I hope that he will continue to make himself present at least in some shape or form in the Council.
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
TO: Council of Zoners

Council,

Firstly I wish our chairman my best wishes for all the good work he has done over the many weeks he has been chairman of the council.

If you need any help Doc, filling his big shoes let me know and I will be happy to help, although I am sure you are more than capable of taking care of the situation.

Now on to the current matter....

I was witness to the QCP event around our beautiful planet, and I was privelaged to see the situation growing out of control from an unarmed vessel before on my way to purchase a new fighter craft, of which I didn't expect to be using so quickly.

The arrogance of these Bretonians is breathtaking, to cross over in to our backyard threatening traders, our allies and killing our own people deserves only one response from us - a defiant punch in the mouth. We cannot let them think we are weak and will just stand there and take their blows without retaliation.

We should affirm thsi treaty with the Corsairs immediately and join them against the QCP and their friends, also we should seek new friends within Kusari that have been plagued with this pest for many months.

All my active ZRT ships are available for defensive duties around the planet, including my new fighter the "Raven"

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
Comms ID: Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

I would like to hear what Chairman Holliday has to say regarding our agenda.

Currently, we have an unfinished vote, and a lot of crazy stuff happening with Bretonians. I suggest we organize ourself and get a new list of "things-to-do" from the Chairman. Everything else needs to be put on hold. Now that Mal is gone, I am seeing a lot of people trying to take charge and talking about 10 different things at the same time. A little order might help us a long way.
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
TO: Council of Zoners

Council,

I am sorry for the delay in posting this account of the attack by the QCP around Gran Canaria but I will proceed:

I was travelling through the Omega-49 system using an unarmed Dromedary as a shuttle craft, when I was witness to 4 QCP pilots attacking a lone Corsair less than 3k away from the planet of Gran Canaria and denouncing the Zoners population as criminals.

I ordered them to leave the area and then after making a distress call to the Zoner Response Team headed for Omega-50.

[Image: qcp1.jpg]

[Image: qcp2.jpg]

I was heading to Omega-50 to take delivery of a new fighter craft to aid in the defense of our Freeports against the viscous Keepers and was amazed when I arrived back at Gran Canaria, to see the 4 QCP pilots blatently attacking Zoner pilots around the planet, at this point I engaged,(foolish with only a partly prepared ship), and my new ship got badly damaged in teh process.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]