Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: council

"i have the feeling as if the recent posts have been troublesome allthrough. - we have hunters that hunt zoners for whatever clouded reason other than apparent bloodlust. and we have zoner IFFed warships that ignore our difficult and fragile neutrality.

i do not know what or if we should do something about it. - my influence ends at the close perimeter of FP11. i make sure that there is no firefight between hotheaded wanne be aces there and that the neutrality of factions is extended from zoners to everyone within the small radius. - i can not do anything about what happens deeper in space though - even if it disgusts me.

all in all, my recent experience has been a rather positive one. ever since the persephone is hidden well in palau, even the keepers have spared the station. they make occasional "visits" which i consider an afront at the very least, but at least they haven t been killing. - the corsairs mostly respect the neutrality and so do the guildmembers and even the occasional liberty folk we get there ( however they get to delta .. )

about the harvesters, - if i see them approaching FP11, i ll raise the alarm and alert all ships in the close area aswell as powering up defensive systems on the persephone. - however, i have learned that not going out with blazing guns has been far more effective than shooting first.

recently i have had trouble with zoners that think its a good idea to dock at FP11 with a hold full of bounty guild hostages - and i had a hard time to explain to them, that ... with half hte station hired by the guild, its no good idea. most of them complied, but some don t see reason or simply ignore me. - it saddens me to see some members of our community to act so much out of what is considered " acceptable ", but i don t think we can do much about it. - they are zoners, and its their way. i just hope that other factions don t regard us based on those few.

i have to agree with jawaharlal about the droids we deployed. no matter what radiation there is or whatever might have happened. - nothing can turn a simple cargohold helper into a murderous assassin robot. we must investigate whats behind the harvesters - and ... well... best have the police deal with it. in the end, those are "criminals" and its the polices job to deal with those. so far - i haven t seen any of them in delta.

leaves the question: - should we deny them docking rights to the stations allthrough sirius?

E.Tate out"
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I agree with most of you.. A preemptive strike would be useless, but this is not a preemptive strike. They have attacked countless Zoner traders, as well as any ships they think they can destroy. This isn't preemptive, its retaliatory. How long will it take you to realize that?

And to you Snap;

Your history and former actions do not matter on this subject, your current ones do. No matter what IFF your ship was using, the fact is you broke our neutrality by shooting Outcasts in a Zoner Warship with a Zoner ID system. Your assumption that the Zoners are more friendly to either side was wrong, as was your assumption that you could just go in and help your friend, breaking our neutrality in the process. If anything, the Outcasts would seem more friendly than the Corsairs, especially after the Zoners denied the Corsairs the priviliage of making a base in Omicron Theta, as well as the fact that Corsairs have long had their eyes on 'relieving' us of our biodomes.

And you say that you have removed all Zoner identification systems from your ship? Have you also given up your destroyer as well? We don't look kindly towards those who use our warships to commit war against others, especially when those ships are only available on Zoner stations, and the Corsairs are not Zoners, and hence have no access to these destroyers. If you have not yet done so, I must insist that you do.

The only time hostilities should be raised, especially with the Outcasts and Corsairs, is if either side commits an act that directly or indirectly hurts the Zoners. Your 'friend' is not, and was not a Zoner, so you should not have gotten involved.

Aurelia out.
[Incoming Transmission]
Vessel designation: Vendhyan
Transmission Target: Council of Zoners

Much like the Persephone II I have also been ignorant of these "harvesters". Sheltered from the general
population in the Omicron systems, oh the lovely boredom. Anything preemptive is pointless i think since
they have already shown hostile intentions towards the Zoners. I will not open fire first as usual but will
terminate any Harvester without hesitation given they prior history. Retaliatory actions should be taken
if these attacks persist. The "Alpha Code" should be kept within the Zoners protection until the intentions
of these Harvesters is known.

Snap such offensive actions are not of a Zoner, i hope you are giving up the destroyer along with the ID and resigning from this council.

[Transmission Ended]
' Wrote:Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I agree with most of you.. A preemptive strike would be useless, but this is not a preemptive strike. They have attacked countless Zoner traders, as well as any ships they think they can destroy. This isn't preemptive, its retaliatory. How long will it take you to realize that?

And to you Snap;

Your history and former actions do not matter on this subject, your current ones do. No matter what IFF your ship was using, the fact is you broke our neutrality by shooting Outcasts in a Zoner Warship with a Zoner ID system. Your assumption that the Zoners are more friendly to either side was wrong, as was your assumption that you could just go in and help your friend, breaking our neutrality in the process. If anything, the Outcasts would seem more friendly than the Corsairs, especially after the Zoners denied the Corsairs the priviliage of making a base in Omicron Theta, as well as the fact that Corsairs have long had their eyes on 'relieving' us of our biodomes.

And you say that you have removed all Zoner identification systems from your ship? Have you also given up your destroyer as well? We don't look kindly towards those who use our warships to commit war against others, especially when those ships are only available on Zoner stations, and the Corsairs are not Zoners, and hence have no access to these destroyers. If you have not yet done so, I must insist that you do.

The only time hostilities should be raised, especially with the Outcasts and Corsairs, is if either side commits an act that directly or indirectly hurts the Zoners. Your 'friend' is not, and was not a Zoner, so you should not have gotten involved.

Aurelia out.

***Begin Transmission***

To: Zoners and whomever it may concern

Firstly i will say this, i never fired on an "Outcast" ship in the first place. It was a Hessian ship with a Hessian IFF. I DID NOT fire on the "RoS", but i did fire on the Hessian support vessel they brought with them, my goal being to draw fire and make it a fair fight. The raiding party used Theta to attack Gamma and it looks to me like the Zoners are willing to stand by and let them do it. It's no wonder the Cosairs are mad, you obviously seem to be on the Outcasts side of this so called "neutrality". Yes it is a reasonable assumption that Zoners and Corsairs should be friends as that there are several Freeports in corsair space, but only ONE in Outcast space. This not counting the OBVIOUS connections to the Order and the GMG that "Zoners" seem to IGNORE. It's not MY fault if YOUR diplomacy has flaws.

Secondly, i dont have the time, nor would i want to read every single message to decypher diplomacy on a daily basis. I base my Friend or Foe status on how i am treated and as i have said before the Zoners ignored me, and i was met with nothing but hostility form every Outcast, Hessian, and Molly ship i have ever encountered. Even when i WAS a full fledged Zoner. Therefore the Corsairs seemed to be the only ones interested in making friends with me, and not just starting a fight or ignoring me.

This person known as Scornstar and the "Harvesters" is a VERY troubling development, for ALL involved. I have some classified and relavant info i have gathered through various sources, but now i think ill just keep it to myself as i seem to not be welcome as a "Zoner" anymore, like i ever was in the first place. If thats what the Zoner council wishes then i will set my autopilot into the heart of the nearest star and vaporize the destroyer. But let it be known this will anger some Corsairs i have become friends with.

Snap out.

***End Transmission***

Comm ID: Malaclypse

Point of clarification: Snap and/or "Snapp" is not now, nor has ever been a Registered Zoner or Council Member.

Zoner Registry

Therefore, we must hope that his post to this Council is sincere, and that he will no longer disgrace the honorable Zoner Way.

It seems so far that the consensus on the Harvesters is that we respond only in defense until more is learned.

To that end, I will then propose two things: A TAZ vessel will be sent to the Connecticut system to establish contact with the Harvesters, and to convey a message. If "Giver of Will" wishes to explain its actions, then it will be given the access to the Council's Comms Channel.

A small joint expedition comprised of both Factioned and Independent Zoners might be commissioned and sent to Planet Gammu. This expeditionary force could test the Planet's defenses, and if possible, dock and attempt to gather more data about this new development in the robots there.

Are these proposals acceptable to the Delegates?

Incoming Transmission from [RoS]Vengeance[X] to Zoner Council

"i did fire on the Hessian"

thank you for making my case for me.

As to Theta: FIRING WITHIN THETA is not allowed, but outside of Theta it is. As I am sure that Madam Aurelia will inform you.

As to the amount of Freeports...this is irrelevant because the ones in "corsair space" will soon be in Outcast Space, the corsairs just have not realized this yet.

Snap, you will soon feel the might of my Supernova as you have chosen the corsairs and death.

To the rest of the council, thank you for helping us deal with this matter. I wish to repay the favor. This ScornStar seems to have something against Outcasts as well. I have managed to pick up his log on one occasion and it seems this "First Thought Giver of Will" is an AI. The robots of Gammu were left alone and their programming adapted...seems that sentiance was bred in them somehow. In any case, since he has the intent to destroy Outcasts we are against him. If you need assistance please call.
' Wrote:Comm ID: Malaclypse

Point of clarification: Snap and/or "Snapp" is not now, nor has ever been a Registered Zoner or Council Member.

Zoner Registry

Therefore, we must hope that his post to this Council is sincere, and that he will no longer disgrace the honorable Zoner Way.

It seems so far that the consensus on the Harvesters is that we respond only in defense until more is learned.

To that end, I will then propose two things: A TAZ vessel will be sent to the Connecticut system to establish contact with the Harvesters, and to convey a message. If "Giver of Will" wishes to explain its actions, then it will be given the access to the Council's Comms Channel.

A small joint expedition comprised of both Factioned and Independent Zoners might be commissioned and sent to Planet Gammu. This expeditionary force could test the Planet's defenses, and if possible, dock and attempt to gather more data about this new development in the robots there.

Are these proposals acceptable to the Delegates?

***begin trans***

To: Malaclypse

I am more than willing to provide myself and ship as deligate, or bystander/witness Malaclypse you have but to call upon me.

shane out

***End trans***
' Wrote:Incoming Transmission from [RoS]Vengeance[X] to Zoner Council

"i did fire on the Hessian"

thank you for making my case for me.

As to Theta: FIRING WITHIN THETA is not allowed, but outside of Theta it is. As I am sure that Madam Aurelia will inform you.

As to the amount of Freeports...this is irrelevant because the ones in "corsair space" will soon be in Outcast Space, the corsairs just have not realized this yet.

Snap, you will soon feel the might of my Supernova as you have chosen the corsairs and death.

To the rest of the council, thank you for helping us deal with this matter. I wish to repay the favor. This ScornStar seems to have something against Outcasts as well. I have managed to pick up his log on one occasion and it seems this "First Thought Giver of Will" is an AI. The robots of Gammu were left alone and their programming adapted...seems that sentiance was bred in them somehow. In any case, since he has the intent to destroy Outcasts we are against him. If you need assistance please call.

***Begin Transmission***

To: Whom it may concern

So... RoS are Hessians or Outcasts? See you all dont even know what you are. I fired on a HESSIAN. NOT the RoS. The ship i fired on was IFF'd and Tagged HESSIAN. By "Zoners" own diplomacy you ignore the direct Order/GMG connection but acknowledge the Outcast/Hessian one. Please. Don't make me laugh. You can't even follow your OWN affiliations yet you wanna complain about me. Pathetic.

Snap out.

***End Transmission***
to: council

"Snapp, you must be aware that, no matter what personal feelings you have towards this person or another, or even a faction in sirius, - your actions reflect upon all zoners. while i can safely say that i don t mind hessians much, i do not think that we zoners as a large can afford to affront them, nor the outcasts - or the corsairs.

our situation is - what you might call, ... "political". we are balancing on the edge of the sword. but it is us that balance there - and it is us that may, even if those so called major factions, make little favours here, make suggestions there and demand little gifts elsewhere.

what we want is a little profit here, a little treat there - and most of all, a profitable and peaceful life in the most dangerous rimworlds. - that leaves us with no option to take any side. we must ensure that everyone depends on us enough to consider us useful at the very least or even important.

if corsairs started to consider the zoners relationship as useless or obsolete, they would not hesitate to attack our installations, and no matter how great our unofficial fleet is - we are not battlehardened like those thugs. if - however we took the corsairs side, the zoners in freeport 10 in tau-37 would be slain like the poor IMG in the very same system. if you anger the hessians, they might ambush freeport 5 which is not far from them.

you see, we cannot afford to take ANY side at all. it doesn t matter who they represent, the consequences are unacceptable. only in pure selfdefense we may act; when our stations are being attacked or our ships are under massive fire - and for the later, i would still suggest a retreat rather than a firefight.

so, in the future, please do not engage in any combat that is not directly aimed at zoners anymore. we do not assist anyone but ourselves, as no one but us would assist us. - be a little more selfish there, nither outcasts nor corsairs nor their friends are friends of us. we use them, and i daresay, they use us in return. - keep the usefulness up or we might steer into trouble unseen for centuries."
Comm ID: Malaclypse

*Sigh...*

Madam Tate, the point is moot, and hardly worth the bandwidth you keep utilizing to remind us all how "neutral" we are obligated to be. Snapp has been reported as no longer having either Zoner ID OR IFF, so let's quit beating a dead horse, shall we?

And, both to Vengeance and to Snap.. This Body is not a sniping ground for your spat. While we appreciate the RoS' offer of help with the Harvesters, I must ask you both to cease and desist from further communications on this official frequency unless specifically invited by a Council Delegate. I have allowed this to go on too long as it is.

Can all of us, including Dame Tate, now get back to the proposals offerred? Do we chitchat with the Harvesters in Connecticut, or do we insist that they present their case here? Do we send a combined force to Gammu.

Bloody Thud, it's hard to keep you folk focused at times... *Sigh*