Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: 94RH3F39FH34F934HF
To: Council of Zoners
ID Trace: Omicron Minor, Planet Toledo.

Displaying...

Interesting news to say the least.

We, the HX take the threat that these alien species offer very seriously.
However, the Outcast nation has not declared war on us and do not appear in the mood to do so soon.
Until more serious proof that the Outcast's have allied themselves with these abominations or that war is upon us, the HX will take not action against the Outcasts. The repercussions would be too great.

I am sorry Elder Juan, but all the HX can offer to you is the continued extermination of the nomad species by our hands. We prefer to keep our neutrality with the Outcasts. Until further proof beyond a shadow of a doubt is offered, this will be our stance.

I apologise to the Council that BT4-A45 cannot be here today, the droid is being programmed with more protocols. I will take it's place in further meetings.

-Sebastien Coen, current Head of HX operations.

Transmission End.
***INCOMMING TRANSMISSION***

To: Council of Zoners

The accusations of our "alliance" with the spirits its all a complete miss conception, We have no such thing. My friends i speak in the name of the Council, i hope you believe when i say... our relationship is one of respect.

This alliance business is nonsense, they rarely if ever contact us directly.... they only seem to be watching us..... observing us, what they have in mind for us we do not know, on occasion they have even been known to follow us to battle.... to assist? to learn more about us? or to hit a common enemy i have no idea.

Now my friends i leave this to you my friends, but it would be wise not to listen to the corsair infidels, they will exagurate anything due to their despiration, these accusations are absolutely false.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
Comm ID: Malaclypse, TAZ

Mal's holo-image can be seen shaking its head as he looks around the table at the other.. INVITED.. Members of the Zoner Council.

Delegates, since when has this Council become a sounding board for every non-Zoner in the bloody Sector?

The rule for this Body has always been that NO one is privy to these Chambers unless specifically invited by a Council Member. That rule has been violated half a dozen times in the past week. Corsairs, Outcasts.. Goddess knows who else has interrupted our Proceedings! Next thing you know, a bloody Keeper will do a mind-meld with Mama Dis and sing us a few Nomad ballads!

I suggest we re-modulate the frammiz, change the whatzis, and issue new passcodes. The next guy who cries holographic tears all over this table had better be a bonafide Zoner and Member.
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I apologize for not responding to these people, and informing them of such, but I despise hyperbole, so I've kept my distance. That being said, I think it would be quite easy for us to ignore these attempts to break the Zoner's neutrality in favor of the Corsairs, and to purge our network information, and rebuild the security of our communications system. I could send a technician to Gran Canaria to do so if you wish.
Juan's hologram flickered even more so as he attempted to stabilize the signal. Eventually he assumed it was useless.

"If that is your word, Malacalypse. I hope you except my apologizes for this interruption, I was designated to send a message, which I believe I have done. "

"Goodbye, mi hermano. If I may be so bold."

With the last statement, Juan bowed and his hologram evaporated into the air, leaving a mist of photons, and the words "SIGNAL LOST."
I have never taken the security of this channel very serious to be frank, and always assumed that *others* had easy and open access to our proceedings. It does not take much effort to hack a channel such as this when the communications are spread halfway across Sirus.

But, if the council requires funds to upgrade security on these channels, so we may actually engage in private talks, the Guild would be happy to donate to cover the costs.

---

Regardless, our rude and uninvited guests bring up very important issues which we cannot ignore.

Both sides of the corsair-outcast conflict seem to be trying to draw us into their ancient war.

For our part, the Trader's Guild has entered into offical negotiations with both Corsairs and Outcasts, in order to preserve our neutrality. But there seem to be others in this council ready to pick sides and enter the war.

These events are costing the Guild money and we tire of losing profits to a conflict we have no part of.

So, I once again urge caution to my fellow council members in upholding the one thing that unites us all: our neutrality. Nothing else is keeping this council together except for the fact that we are all Zoners and therefore all neutral.

Think carefully before you throw yourselves into the arms of one enemy, only to leave your back exposed to another.
Comm ID: Mama Dis, Chairglobe

*Guild Master, a Fnordette neither has arms, nor a "back"; but rest assured that this Council is throwin' nothin' nowhere without proper discussion and a full vote of the Membership.

*In all these recent whinges, no official motions have been made for Council deliberation. I suspect that none will arise due to them, either.

*No one values the Zoners' neutral status more than this Council, and no one will endanger that neutrality as long as this F-unit "sits" in the Chair.

*Hope that soothes ya some.*
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Baffin

Now, lest you all think I've become a complete and utter curmudgeon, I'd like to amend my previous remarks.

Mal's image paused briefly to partake of the Discordian Sacrament from a large holographic hookah on the table "before him". The Vogel-cut crystal Amulet situated over his Ajna seemed to glow brighter from the action.

I would have no problem atall, atall "sponsoring" any of the non-Zoners who have valid issues to present to this Council. A simple request via Private Comms is all that is required.

Mal toked again, and jokingly offered the hose to the assembled images. This time, his eyes seemed to glow as well.

I'd further like to address the concerns regarding Harvesters and "Keepers" which have been raised from the TAZ's viewpoint.

I have just recently completed negotiations on a "Neutrality Pact" with the machines known as Harvesters. I would guess that other Zoner groups will be hearing from the Harveys as well.

As to the Keepers, no TAZ ship carries or uses any nomad technology, nor actively hunts lesser Nomads. Our esteemed Chairthingie, Mama Dis, has flown within meters of Keeper vessels in the past; and while I wouldn't send a TAZ Primate on such an errand, they don't seem too interested in Eris or Ontological Anarchy.. meh.

Therefore, the TAZ at least should have no trouble supplying necessary commodities to either Crete OR Malta, should the need arise or the markets dictate. While I commiserate with some of these isolated incidents against our brother Zoners, I must follow my Pineal in this matter. As the Prophet Hagbard stated, "We Discordians must stick apart!"

Comm ID: Chairglobe Mama Dis

*Fellow Council Members,

*My "daughter" and fellow Fnordette Sophie Noir recently received an inquiry from a primate named "Bail Bond". Apparently "Mr. Bond" (aka Kisaam) wishes to purchase a Battlestar Advanced from the Zoners for a "business venture"...

*Sophie referred Mr. Bond to me, and I suggested that he make a formal request and proposal to the Council for its approval. Therefore, I will act as Mr. Bond's sponsor, so that he can make his presentation to the Council. As Mr. Bond is not a Zoner, but a rather enterprising Freelancer, I thought it best if the Council reviewed his request.

*Dis*
First, the purchase of a battlestar:

The Trader's Guild stands for free trade and capitalism in all its glory.

The logic here is simple: Zoner ships, weapons and equipment were designed to be sold to others. Mr. Bond is a freelancer with the money to pay and the dencency to ask first. So long as he agrees to never act against a zoner, ever; I approve his request.

On that note, the Guild would be more than happy to sell him any weapons, equipment or even trained crew that he might require to outfit his ship.

---

In regards to the "other" issues, TAZ representatives bring up:

As mentioned before, I place no value in the security of these proceedings. I assume, correctly it seems, that our talks are public affairs to anyone with the time and small amount of skill it takes to listen in. As the Corsairs and Outcasts proved, it takes very little to cut in and interrupt our talks. Curtesy aside, our "friends" only prove how easy it is to interfere with Zoner affairs...

As regards your "neutrality pact" with the machine alliance and supposed good graces with the nomads... Congradulations are in order I suppose.

Winning peace with the machines, and not getting infested by the aliens is truly an accomplishment.

While I do not see the value in trying to work with creatures that are known to kill and enslave human beings, perhaps I lack the enlightenment that your faith brings. Our research into both the machine alliance and nomads suggests that they are not creatures to be reasoned with in the long term.

Regardless, I will not let aliens and machines interfere in the Guild's business with honourable and freethinking humans like the Corsair and Outcast peoples.