Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: Al Noori

I asked for evidence but I will have to take your word for it.
So, delegate Silvan I suppose there is no way that we can come to any decision besides the one you have taken already?
I'm still not convinced that CoZ was presented the case and evidence and proper voting procedure took place.
Also, we still haven't hear a word from capt. Saronsen who, according to your claims as well, shot first at these rebels before talking to them.
So I need to hear answers to these questions:

Where is out interest in gaining one more enemy?
What will guarantee safety of our ships if we decide to turn this group into our enemies?
How can we persuade or force them to do what we want them to do?
If they turn against us who will fight them, since most of the Zoner factions already left CoZ?
Will we deal the same way with all Apoc wing members or just ones involved in this incident (since there were cases before when we would deal with just certain members of some faction, so that whole groups do not suffer because of the few)?
How does such notion fit into Zoner policy of not attacking those who have not directly wronged against us?
How does this fit into Zoner pacifist ways in general?

Looking forward to your answers

Al Noori

**End of message**
***Signal lost***
<<Incoming Transmission>>
<Source: Saronsen Nighten, Commander of the Jinkusu, Paradise.>
<<Playing>>

-Saronsen appears on screen, obviously bored as he leans on his right hand on his console..-

The Commander of the Now, a Mako Battleship, appeared in scanner range whilst I was keeping watch over Freeport 11. I asked him, kindly mind you, to keep his distance, since he never asked for permission to approach or dock with, you know, his Battleship? He blatantly ignored me, and continued his approach. By five klicks I had asked again more sternly for him to stop nearing the Freeport. He responded with "I'm doing missions, OK?", which is fine and dandy, except his ally in a Gunship that was already docked with the Freeport could accept these 'missions' for him and the Mako. At two and a half klicks, I blasted his shields with a Mortar, leaving them weakened. He still continued silently to force his ship against the mooring points of the Freeport, so I couldn't do anything about it. He remained silent for a while, until after his ship had unhooked from the Freeport, where he began taunting and insulting me.

You all know very well the rest after that.

<Streaming video>
....::::Incoming Transmission::::.....
To: Council of Zoners
....::::Message Begins::::.....

Chairperson, fellow delegates,

I understand that right now our current focus is the renegage bounty hunters that call themselves the Apocalpyse Wing. Since there is a large amount of confusion and allegations being thrown around I would prefer to see some document written up over how the Apocalypse will be handled from here on out. Thier docking rights and weapon usage rights would be two things I hope to see in such a document. I would also very much like to make sure that from this point forward they are 100% aware of our laws, as they do seem to be ignorant of some of them, and they could careless about others. Either way, they need to know them and will abide by them. I know our equipment merchants dont' want to lose the business of this group so I ask that we all put our feelings aside and approach this like Zoners.

I would also like to make it clear to the entire Council that the proposed Security Council does not exist. Ms Silvan herself has already noted this. Captain Saronsen, please refrain from refering to yourself as the Secretary of Defense of said council.

William Cross
Captian of the Mon Kal

....::::Message Ends::::.....
....::::End of Transmission::::.....
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

*Scratches head*

You want a policy for dealing with Apocalypse wing written up? Okay.

How about we fill their ships with plasma until they break apart into chunks? Then we sell the large chunks to the Junkers and scatter the remaining bits to the far corners of Sirius?

Seriously? They attacked Zoner Guards at a Freeport. I don't care what their reasons are. You all should be up in arms over this and all I see is the same limp noodlery that got us into this mess with Bretonia and Liberty a couple weeks ago, and the QCP before that.

**Transmission ends**
Link initiated
Enabling proxy
Proxy engaged
Link established with channel
Opening communications

Comm ID: Captain Norington

I aint used this channel yet but there's a first time fer everythin.

I'm not a Council member, nor a bigshot well known Zoner. Just a captain of a ship and a proud one at that.

I were born free out here in the edge worlds. I witnessed the tyranny that most of the Houses are subject to and even though everyone yaps about us Zoners wantin no laws, we do want some order. Hence the laws we got.

These Apocalypse folks broke those laws and we all just sit around doin nothin? I'm with Trogdor on this one. We bloody show em why the Corsairs and the Outcasts don't try anythin on with us. We show em the might of our warships and the strength of our spirit.

No matter how the Zoners in question acted, they did it within our laws. These idiots who stole a few battleships broke the laws. They cause trouble everywhere they go. They are dependent on us for supplies.
Why is there any debate as to what the course of action is?
We have all the cards in our hands and yet we be talking about it all?

Deal with the laws the Apocalypse folks have broken and the fact they are now going to hunt down some well known Zoners.
Leave the actions of the Zoners in question for later talkin.

Right now we need action and if you folks don't do anythin, I bloody will.
....::::Incoming Transmission::::.....

To: Council of Zoners

....::::Message Begins::::.....

I am forwarding a private communication that I received from Mr Kurtz.

Quote:[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]
[DECODING]

If you'd had copies of messages I've received from VERY VERY respected Zoners, you'd be more open-minded, believe me. That would better show you what happened to Council and it'd give you background of Saronsen's past. I can't send you those messages but I can show you this...

// Link was to something we shouldn't have access. Should have edited his message tad. My apologizes.

Why I'm telling you this is not because I want your support, but because I saw how you responded to Al Noori in [coughs] message dump. It showed me that you are not hostile like those 3 fools. I was a bit wrong about you but I still think you do not posses all the facts. That is not your fault, but that's not excuse to think I'm a irrational man. Anyway, if this what I've shown you is true, then Council is taking risks by looking for allies among BHG. I'm not worried about Hunters, trust me on this. But what about Order? What will they think about this new "alliance". Huge scale war?

I don't know if you are a member of Council, but I don't care either. But I'm somehow convinced that, if this is happening, that you knew nothing of it. You seem too peaceful to go along with such radical move. Am I wrong? And I wonder who is radical - Aurelia. And she participated in that incident. Are you following me? Now do you see the pattern?

Even if Hunters refuse this, this only confirms my "secret messages" and my own opinion that this new Council has gone mad.

Col. Kurtz

[END OF TRANSMISSION]

What concerns me ladies and gentlemen is our secure comm channel and these very chambers seem to have been compromised. I have already asked a security detail to do a sweep of the chambers and change the current encryption keys. I have another transmission in which Kurtz claims to have a store house full of messages from Zoners supporting him. He won't give any names so I doubt this is true.

Ms Silvan,

No one voice any opposition to the course of action you detailed more than two days ago. That means it is current policy correct?

William Cross
Captian of the Mon Kal

....::::Message Ends::::.....

....::::End of Transmission::::.....
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

If you refer to my statements concerning the Apocalypse's use of our equipment and bases, then yes, that would be policy at this point, especially considering their latest actions. If anyone does object to the Apocalypse ships losing their permission to use Zoner bases, please say so in this channel. If anyone does object, we will take a vote on the matter.

I'll give two days to receive any response on that matter.

Any issues of hostility towards Apocalypse will require either a vote, which requires two motions to start, or Apocalypse initiating the hostilities.

Also, I'm opening the floor to anyone who has any outstanding issues that they wish to bring up to the Council, no point in only dealing with only one issue when we've got enough spare time to knock down two.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Incoming Transmission
Council Central Communique Hub, Freeport Fifteen
Return Adress: Federation Juggernaut Midsummer Night, Freeport Eleven Orbit
Speaker: Honorable Grand Admiral Marvin J. Orphelia
FIREWALL LEVEL YELLOW

[Image: coolieo.png]

I object to such a vote. The Apocalpyses may had been attacking Corsairs by using our base as a resupply point, but this is no different than the QCP's or the Xenos. They've done nothing to us, at least, as it seems we have done more to them. Sarosen... In particular...

Although, Regardless of this rather powerless councils vote, I shall not attack any Apocalypse unless violating NFZ, and neither shall the rest of my Federation.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

Mr Orphelia, perhaps you should actually do some research on the current situation. From your remarks, mainly; "The Apocalpyses may had been attacking Corsairs by using our base as a resupply point" it's fairly obvious you don't even know what the real issue is here. Please figure out what's going on and then comment. Especially when getting to the comment, "I shall not attack any Apocalypse unless violating NFZ" when the Apocalypse have, in fact, violated the NFZ, on multiple occasions.

Furthermore, you can't tell the Council it can not vote on something. Not even I, chairperson, have that authority. If the Council wants a vote and gets two people to make the motion, it gets a vote.

Also, could you please inform me who is part of the 'Zoner Federation?' For the life of me, I can't seem to recall ever seeing any ships designated as that.. Especially since we don't have any Federation..
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: Brotherhood&Unity

Fellow delegates,

first of all I would like to thank you all for the pleasant and enlightening experience I had while participating in the work of this respected Council.
Unfortunately, these recent changes and events have lead me to conclusion that Council is not serving it's purpose properly and does not represent the Zoner state of mind the way it should be doing it. I hold no grudge against any member in particular, I just believe that Council is not properly fitted to deal with the fast changing world around us.

Without further elaboration I'd like to redraw my position in this Council and leave the place empty for someone younger.

I'd also like my name to be removed from the registry of the CoZ delegates.

May the peace be upon You all

Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori

**End of message**
***Signal lost***