Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]I.K.S. Vor'cha
To: Andre Rentiera

An open mind when dealing with traitors, Mr. Rentiera? What they need is the edge of a batleth in the belly so that the worms on the ground may feed upon their insides.

Commander Matok
' Wrote:*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]I.K.S. Vor'cha
To: Andre Rentiera

An open mind when dealing with traitors, Mr. Rentiera? What they need is the edge of a batleth in the belly so that the worms on the ground may feed upon their insides.

Commander Matok

Incoming Transmission: Andre Rentiera
*Begin Transmission*

Don't get me wrong, when I meant open mind, if any of them ever wish to defect that would cause a serious blow to the Royals. Now you may ask why should we trust them? We won't. If any of them ever want asylum from their own government/family, I would be most happy to give them that, but nothing more, no access to the CoZ or their ability to take part in our governing process, after all, they can't be trusted that much.

I ask you all to focus at the larger issue now, Aurelia Silvan/DeFrance has given up her corrupt leadership, its time we put in place a new and fair Chairperson and an institution to make sure he/she does not abuse his/her power.

*Transmission Complete*
Quote:I ask you all to focus at the larger issue now, Aurelia Silvan/DeFrance has given up her corrupt leadership, its time we put in place a new and fair Chairperson and an institution to make sure he/she does not abuse his/her power.

The next chairperson will be a ambassador for the Zoners and not a dictator, nothing else will be exceptable to any of us, they will need to gain the trust of us all and to also cement our bonds with our closest friends to regain our rightful place in Sirius as a trustworthy people who can rise above petty house politics.

I also believe Doc is correct about cutting off Gallia's illegal supplies of amulets and iridium hitting them where it hurts but we should also strive to make sure we hit them doubly hard by supporting the Council's attempt to overthrow this traiterous regime.

But let us first select the new chairperson, then an agenda for change.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CommID: Victor Cross
Encryption: High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Council chambers, I haven't seen these since Silvan's cronies began guarding them to prevent anyone not of the Council or her posse from speaking to the Council. I guess her cronies fled with her. now that the the chamber is again open I would like to address the remaining members of this body.

Brother, sisters, do not be hasty in the selection of your new leader, the last time the Council was hasty in the selection of a new leader, you all ended up with a weak fraud who only caused problems for the Council and for the rest of the Zoner people.

Once you have selected your leader, consider contacting the leaders of the other Zoner factions and working on building a new government; something Silvan refused to do and we can all guess why now.

As for my true visit here today; I have come in to possession of a relic of our peoples past. ZTC scientist are helping me unlock its secrets. As far as I can tell this datacore is from the wreckage of Freeport 7. The individual that I obtained it from claims it was salvaged off a Zoner gunboat destroyed with Freeport 7. I cannot confirm that until I've unlocked it. I will be forwarding my findings OSI, TAZ, ZTC, and CoZ leadership.

-Victor
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Zoner Council

TAZ has enacted a full embargo of it's Pineal Amulets that are a luxury on Planet Nevers in the Burgundy system of Gallia.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56331

I encourage others to follow suit and do the same with iridium bound for both Alesia Station and the Gallic Junker base of Bourge-en-Bresse, also both in Burgundy. We COULD do the same with Neon but the opposition to the Royals also uses it.

Follow our lead in this endeavor.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Whom it May Concern
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

Greetings from the Zoners Consortium.

I hope you are all in good health. Is there any news regarding your progress on electing a new Chairman?
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
To: Council of Zoners
CC: All Zoners
Subj: Council of Zoners

Before we move on to elect our next representative, I would like those of you currently present to consider this proposal.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to see this Chamber become, once again, a sufficient, productive entity of the Zoner community. I suggest, that once again, we though open the doors, and invite our brethren into these halls. However, we cannot function as we did in the past few months; Unproductive and irrationally.

I strongly believe in the "One Man, One Vote" Policy, in which, all individual votes of the delegates count. However, to improve on this theory, in order for motion to pass or be denied, it should be a two-thirds majority. If less than that, the motion would be put back on for discussion. If a motion fails to pass or be denied after 3 voting sessions, then it will be put aside to be reviewed later.

I suggest formation of Sub-Committees and Sub-Councils.

A Sub-Committee would research on how a specific proposal will impact the Zoner Community. They would present the pros and cons to the other delegates, and suggest solutions to improve on the motion. Members that make up a Sub-Committee would include the original person who proposed the idea, and collaborators who share the same thoughts (minimum of at least 3 delegates). If the Sub-Committee's findings are positive, the Motion would be brought before Chambers. It is also the responsibility of a Sub-Committee to review any motions that have not passed 3 voting sessions. Not all Motions will need a Sub-Committee.

A Sub-Council would be responsible to carry out any Motion's passed by Chambers. They are to see to it that everything on the agenda for the Motion gets done. Not every motion will require a Sub-Council, however a Sub-Council may be formed to review existing items that pass and challenge them with sufficient reason. If there is significant cause for anything to be reviewed and revised, it is the responsibility of the formed Sub-Council to propose the necessary changes.

Both the Sub-Committees and Sub-Councils are temporary entities and membership is not exclusive, a delegate can belong to as many of these organizations as warranted. Sub-Committees and Sub-Councils will be assigned to specific items on the agenda that require it, or as per Chamber's decision. The length of time a Sub-Committee or Sub-Council exists depends on how long the service is required.

Sub-Councils may can also be formed when like minded delegates decide to vote collaboratively. For example, regional Sub-Councils ("Zoner Sub-Council of Liberty", "Sub-Council of Kusari", etc...), production/trade unions ("Zoner Trader's Sub-Council", "Sub-Council for Niobium", etc...), and Sub-Council's for Zoner Companies.

It's just a thought, a bit messy, and probably could do with some working.

As for the process of electing the next Chairperson, although voting for one is almost always best for the interests of the Council, Should the next Chairperson have to vacate the position, he or she must find a suitable replacement before they leave, and/or notify the rest of the Council before doing so. (In other words, Before the current Chairperson leaves, there must be someone to take the position BEFORE they disembark)

I would also like to define that the Chairperson's responsibility, is to the Council, not their own personal interests. Should the Chairperson want to peruse a particular agenda, he or she must submit an official proposal just like everyone else. It is the job of the Chairperson to prioritize the issues that need to be presented to the Council in a timely and efficient matter.

One more thing I must point out. Having gone through the records, I cannot find an Official Charter, stating the purpose of the Council. I motion that before this month is through, we, as a collective body, write and ratify a working, standing charter, that will declare our mission, and our Ideals.

Again, I extend the hand of invitation to all those delegates that have left, as well as to those who have considered joining.

Quote:Glossary
Chambers- the present body of delegates that vote on a Motion
Motion- a proposal that has moved into the voting process

-Alan Mosinger, Council of Zoners -Delegate
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
To: Council of Zoners
CC: Alan Mosinger

Delegates, Alan and all Zoners,

From my understanding of the Council it has always and will forever be for ALL Zoners who wish to attend it, I do not believe there has ever been anyone denied from being a Council Delegate without good reason and from what I recall the Zoner Alliance was formed by members who decided to leave of their own free will.

I believe I speak on behalf of the council when I say that we would welcome any Zoner wishing to re-join the Council.

As far as reforming the Council's voting structures, I say you have to be in it to vote on it!
I must admit that the Council/Alliance split while I was on an extended exploration mission so my knowledge of the event is merely thrid party, but am I not correct in believing that one of the reasons for the split was the very idea of 1 member 1 vote?

The order of business should be 1) Elect a new chairperson 2) Debate and vote on the role and structures of the Council 3) Implement the changes discussed.

As long as the new chairperson is willing to work for the Council and not selfish interests they will have my vote, we must make sure that whoever is chosen is beyond reproach and is monitored to make sure this whole mess never happens again.

Acting Chairperson, do we have a date for the chairperson vote yet and a list of candidates?

//Signal Received//
//Location: Gran Canaria//
//ID: Galen Watson, very tired//
//Begin Playback//

Greetings, salutations, etc.

Delegate Ironfoot I'll address your question first and foremost. As acting chairman I've asked internally that everyone formulate a list of names for condidacy as Chairman, as well as taking part in discussions of current status and politics.

If you have someone in mind, please speak on it. An election will be called within the coming future, hopefully very soon. The recent events involving previous Chairholder Silvan were no doubt a shock, and have left some ripples.

I vocally encourage any and all participants of this council to speak their minds regarding the administrative vacuum that has appeared.

//End Signal//
Statement from:William Ironfoot
To:Council of Zoners
CC:Members of the Zoner Alliance and all independent Zoners outside of the Council

My fellow Zoners,

Over the past few weeks there has been much turmoil and many harsh words spoken in this Council, there has been division and recently a spy uncovered at the top of the Council leading to this power vaccum we are in at present.

Galen Watson has valiantly stepped in as a temporary replacement for our disloyal former chairwoman who has fled back to her own people leaving a trail of disunity amongst the Zoner nation, but he knows that to replace a dictator with a non-voted chair is undemocratic and so he has asked for people to come forward for the position to allow new elections to commence.

I have been pondering this in recent days, waiting to see who would stand, however none have come forward in public and so I wish to formally put my name to the Council of Zoners as wishing to stand for election as the new Chairman.

I also invite anyone else to stand up and join me and make this a true election contest, I also want to see the groups that left and all Zoners not in the Council to apply for Council membership as I want whoever wins this vote to be elected by the majority of members not just a select few or even imposed on us.

My goal if elected will be to simplify the Voting structures and role of this council so that members can get back to doing what they do best which is being a Zoner and making money and my first job if elected would be to have a debate on this role, what the Council does and should do and how to delegate responsibility down the chain so that one person is not soley responsible for the decisions of the council.

I will take on-board the views of the groupings but also I am an Independant Zoner so I will also listen to the voice of the single Zoner trader.

I urge everyone to participate for the good of the Zoner nation, and I suggest that we have a list of candidates by this time next week ready for a decision 1 week later, please second my nomination.

William Ironfoot