Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Chris Mercury
Subject: Slavery

Looking back I can see how the ruling on the slavery issue could be troubling for other Zoners. They feel forced into doing something that they do not wish to do. It may be in the best interests of the Council to amend the ruling so that it is not required. This does not change my stance on the issue, as I would still try to convince slavers to leave them with us. As long as we still have that option, I will be satisfied.

Hindsight is 20/20, eh?

Chris Mercury
We support this motion, and believe we have already said enough regarding this issue.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Very well, Delegates,

after listening to your comments, and a careful re-reading of the "Two Bears" motion, I am inclined to bring this Motion to a vote:

On the Motion:

Should the current "Item 4" be rescinded, and replaced with the following:

Resolved, that the Council of Zoners will not take any official position on the legality or illegality of the slave trade in what is considered Zoner space. This resolution does not stop any individual Zoner from following his or her conscience, but affirms the Council's neutrality in this matter.

How say you, Delegates? Yea, Nay, or Abstain.

If Yea, the current "Slave Liberation Ordinance" will be null and void, and replaced with the proposed Shestov revision.

If No, the current Policy stands, and traders, when docking ONLY, must release any human cargo carried.

The balloting is now open. Secretary Reynolds, if you'd be so good as to keep the tally for us?

Voting will close at Friday, Midnight, SMT.

And may the best paradigm win!
Wait.......what were we talking about? Oh yea, the slaves and shtuff..... ok, I made a motion didnt I??? Yea I think I did... it's a good motion, yes? Yes. Of Course it is, that stuff I had the other day was great... really, higher plane stuff, anyway, when it comes down to it, I dont think we Zoners have ever taken moral considerations into account when deciding what and what not to allow in our Freeport's. The primary objective has always been our freedom and security. *click, whirrrr, cough cough* Now, I dont want to sound like a heartless bastard, but our neutrality guarantee's OUR safety, and when we start playing the games of right and wrong, it might as well be up and down, or left and right, once we wade into matters of morality and belief, the absolute answers get taken off the table, there is no black and white here, and just as it is hard to divine how this will effect our safety. Beyond that, what stops us from going further next time, if we do confirm item 4 and not rescind it, whats stops us from going further, when the Zoner group, Zoners against Cardimine rises to the top, will we demand any ships carrying cardimine destroy it before docking on one of our Freeport's? When the order backed group, Zoners against Artifacts moves to the front, will we demand artifacts be destroyed before people can dock? This whole idea moves the Zoners away from our neutrality, moves us away from our tradition, and pushes us further and further into the bureaucratic classification of a House, making rules and ordinances regulating the type and time of business taking place in our zone. This is a bleak outcome I foresee, and to avoid that eventuality, I vote in favor of the Motion before us.

Da' Bears

Comm ID: Chris Mercury
Subject: Item 4 vote

I already voiced my opinion so...looks good to me.

Yay
To: The Council

Yay.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

Nay.

**Transmission ends**
*** incomming transmission **
Com ID: Reisiger Duke

Nay.

** transmission terminated ***
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Should the current "Item 4" be rescinded, and replaced with the following:

Resolved, that the Council of Zoners will not take any official position on the legality or illegality of the slave trade in what is considered Zoner space. This resolution does not stop any individual Zoner from following his or her conscience, but affirms the Council's neutrality in this matter.

Yes

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
* incomming transmission *
Com ID: Robert Pirx

Nay.

* transmission terminated *