Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Malaclypse entered the room, a small Annex which had been purchased right next to Sophie's Canaria Cafe, in case there was need of coffee and pie.

Mama Dis floated beside him, and with little fanfare she moved to the center of the large table, and came to rest.

*Right*, began Dis. *Brother Fenning is inbound, Brother Isaac. I shall record the proceedings until he arrives.*

Mal quickly took his seat and looked at Drake. "Brother Isaac, I believe you're referring to this new group, the "ZR". I have no real knowledge of them. Dis has searched the Factions database, but they don't appear there yet.. Perhaps one of them will monitor our general comms and respond.

"As to which item we should get out of the way first, why not put the Jupiter Guild's voting status to rest now, as they were the primary group to have issues with our Brothers, the Asgard Warriors it seems.

"Sister Aurelia, do you have a comment or a Motion to put before the Members regarding Jupiter Guild's position on this Council?"
Malaclypse's wristcomm chimed. He studied the readout, and a frown wrinkled his brow.

"Sister Aurelia. I have just received a report of two AW vessels, grouped with Blood Dragons, in Tau-23 of all places. How in Bloody Thud that can be construed to be in the interest of Zoner neutrality is beyond my total comprehension!

"The Acropolis and the Defel were apparently engaged in some paltry blood feud. When questioned, the Acropolis feigned no knowledge of "diplomatic affairs", and suggested I speak to someone of "higher rank."

"Well, Aurelia, I am speaking to you, and I demand an explanation; and I also demand one good reason from you why the Zoners of Sirius should tolerate this behavior from Zoner-affilliated ships!

"Brother Isaac, the matter of the Jupiter Guild's voting rights can wait. I move for an immediate vote of this Council! Moved that the Asgard Warriors services of so-called 'protection' are no longer required nor desired by Zoners anywhere in Sirius other than that zoo known as Omicron Theta!"

Malaclypse remained standing with his fists on the table, and stared intently at Aurelia Silvan.
I hereby vote against the AW's Zonerism.

EDIT: ((Now that I think about it that sounded wrong. I mean Affiliation when I said that.))

EDIT2: ((Not having a good day. I meant agree not vote. We haven't started voting.))
' Wrote:I hereby vote against the AW's Zonerism.

Thank you, Brother Tommy.

For the record, let me rephrase my Motion to make it cyrstal-clear:

"Should the AW be allowed to remain as Zoner-affilliated, when their actions are detrimental to the Zoner philosophy and creed?"

Of course, the TAZ votes nay as well, and invites its members to comment, ad nauseum if necessary, to drive the point home!
Aurelia rose to speak the door behind her opened and in walked Fleet Admiral Jack Alpha in full uniform. He approached Aurelia and gave a polite bow. "Madam Aurelia, Val'ren has dispatched me to attend to this matter. I am sure this is not a problem?" "Hmmmm I sometimes wonder about him but of course I have no problem." Aurelia sat down however Alpha remained standing. "Ladies and Gentlemen." He began, "In the issue of membership for the Jupiter's Guild. We regretfully must decline their request for membership. It is our understanding that they are not quite sure whether they consider themselves Freelancer or Zoner. Also they have made it quite clear that they pure mercenaries and will fufill contracts against anyone regardless of alignment while flying Zoner colours. Now in the early days of the AW we too relied on contracts to stablise our income however we were selective of contracts and managed to fufill our jobs with minimum collateral damage to our gracious Zoner hosts. I will also add that we have long since discontinued this line of employment. Another problem we have is that their traders shall not be sporting pure zoner paperwork but instead plain trader or curiously mercenary identification. I find it odd that "Zoner" traders flying trains consider themselves guns for hire. Also while I am on the floor may I asked why this has received priority over the concerns raised about AW and our "operating policies"? Surely something of such importance should be settled immediately while we have all representatives present or on their way. Wouldnt you agree that if it is left to the end the conference runs the risk of indecision should emergency situations occurr that require members to depart early?

*Alpha turns to the loud, forward gentleman on his right*
Oh and singled eared dude, whoever the hell you are if you are going to make your opinions so blatently clear please have the decency, respect and humility to give us your reasons for your opinion when you open your mouth and would you please address the council in a more formal and appropriate manner in future. Thank you in advance. And I will point out Mal that this little conglomerate cannot bully us into changing our policies but rather advise on what we could do to improve.
*Alpha turns to face Aurelia*

*Alpha turns to Aurelia* "Madam Aurelia, would you like to add anything?" Alpha takes his seat next to Aurelia.
To: "Council Of Zoners"

Maybe you haven't noticed... The BSG ships HAVE been all over Theta, attacking people..? Maybe it slipped under your radar. Us attacking the BSG is defending Theta, those forces could have been utilised against the base that your sitting in right now... and, maybe you don't know yet, but, when one is fighting, you can't start discussing politics, or, maybe its been too long since you've been at the barrel of a gun to know what it's like, maybe that was a more polite way of saying " Keep quiet"?

Since we're already being "evicted" from Omicron 74, need we remind you that we are the landlords, so, unless you plan on having some sort of "Zoner Revolution" we are staying...

By the way, I'm sorry I couldn't join you, but, maybe its best, I doubt my "AW Zonerism" would get me anywhere.
End Transmission
"Well, Admiral Jack, you will be the voting delegate for AW, then?" asked Malaclypse, with a fiery twinkle in his eye.

"Your concerns about Jupiter Guild's rather wishy-washy alignments is noted; but you are indeed correct that the AW matter is of paramount concern. Especially after what I have learned today.

"In fact, there is now a motion before the Council. True, it may seem more than an "advisory" motion. I assure you that was my intent, Sir. You apparently need more than just advice at this point.

"I ask you bluntly: if you are no longer "Mercenaries", then what the bloody Thud are you?? You certainly treat your longstanding claim to be Zoners in a very cavalier fashion."

"I grow weary of your adventuresome and aggressive ways, Admiral. I believe it is time you looked for another rack to hang your collective hats on over there in 74."
Isaac glances around at the sudden tension. "I think that's enough posturing from the AW. You have one representative, please forward all further statements through them."

"Apparently Brother Malaclypse's motion has been seconded, so I suppose a vote is in order."

"On the issue of whether the Asgard Warriors should be allowed to remain officially Zoner-affiliated, how do you all vote? Yay for their continued affiliation, Nay to sever ties."
Ok for the sake of organization, I vote nay.
*Mr. Chairman: Vote updated and carried forward for the convenience of the Members.*

Quote:"On the issue of whether the Asgard Warriors should be allowed to remain officially Zoner-affiliated, how do you all vote? Yay for their continued affiliation, Nay to sever ties.":

The Temporary Autonomous Zoners [TAZ], (Malaclypse, delegate.): Nay!
The Asgard Warriors [AW], (AW ID, Zoner IFF, Aurelia Silvan, Delegate.): Abstains.

Jinx, Persephone, and Silvermist (Jinx, delegate.): Nay.
Isaac Drake, (Drake.)
Octavius, (DarkOddity.)
Smiley_, (Salamander_Smiley.)
Leroy_Fenning, (Tannik Seldon.) Nay.
vendhyan, (Kindred.): Abstains.
Grayson Burrows, (Debian.)
Tommy, (Single Earred Dude.): Nay.
Defiler, (Ripper.): Yay.