Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to: the council

"indeed - there are individuals that deserve a more forceful handling. - personally - i like it most when the sheer presense of one of our warships solves matters without firing. - sometimes though, people cannot take the hint and insist on getting shot up.

even in such a situation - i prefer others to do the work. - have the guild deal with ... in that case ... renegade captain. - if the guild does it, they also carry the whole responsibility. so if something goes terribly wrong - its their fault. - like if it turns out that there was a reason for the strange behaviour of this captain that we, as outsiders, were simply not aware of.

but as i have said - some situations need a violent response. - i just want you to be aware that getting such a force going for specific cases is different to having such a force at the ready. - when i need to order and buy a weapon to fight, i am more reluctant to fight and more willing to look for alternative ways than when i have a weapon laying right next to me."
Incomming Transmission
Comm ID Kara Kikatsu

Well unfortunetly I must agree that we will, at atleast some point in the future, require an armed responce team. I also am unsure of how exactly the group would work out in the long run, and I believe it should be small and tightly controled to avoid continuous open conflict (See Asgard Warriors). I would also like to contribute the idea of a more active open target list with the FP law violators, or something. I admit I am not totally sure on that idea.

Unfortunetly the increased violence does require some kind of responce, and diplomacy has failed in the past, we will need a back up. More details to the responce team, as to composition and tactics, still need to be determinded.

I vote yes for the formation of a defense force.

~Commander Kara Kikatsu, Charm's Way

END
Comm ID: Doc Holliday

Understood, Miss Tate. I hear what you are saying. Sometimes though, a strong presence is often deterrent enough and thugs like Big Bully only understand force. It's not my first choice but it is a last resort I am NOT afraid of. Do remember that long ago I was once a law man.......long, LONG ago!

-Doc

Incomming Transmission
Comm ID: William Ironfoot

I vote YES to the proposed defence force, I appreciate Ms. Tate's concernes and I think the team would work well providing there was a firm leadership from the council on it's useage and that every member of the team understood it's purpose and had no hidden agenda.
Incoming transmission:
Comm ID: Top

I say maybe

Top out.
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

While my tactical officer can't help but run around the bridge yelling 'Meh!', we will vote 'yup' for the current motion.

**Transmission ends**
On the Motion:

"Should a "Zoner Response Team" be formed, identifying tag optional, and Delegate Silvan's "Tactical Log" be officially implemented to identify and manage the Team's assets and deployment?"

Yup / Nope / Meh ?

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yup
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~ Yup
Samuel Nichols, OSI Yup
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yup
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nope
Top, (Cannon) Meh
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux) Yup
Rashida, (Derkylos)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t) Yup
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg) Yup
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller) Yup
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Yup
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor) Yup
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Yup
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot) Yup
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Meh
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yup
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds) Yup
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal) Yup
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian)
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn) Yup
Marks, Julian, (]c[), (notequinoxe)
Melliar, (Ortog) Yup
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai17) Yup

You have until midnight Sunday, Sirius Time, to vote, Delegates.

Captain Kikatsu,

You have been removed from the Council's rolls for inactivity. I'm surprised you didn't notice the absence of your name on the above Tally. Therefore, your vote on this motion will not be counted.

If you wish to be a Member of the Council again, we will require a new application over the appropriate frequency, and your assurances that you will fulfill your responsibilities as a Delegate faithfully in the future.
Incomming Transmission
Comm ID Kara Kikatsu

Appologies, I was off world for a little over three weeks, I was trying to get back into the events of Sirius. And I did notice my name was off the list, I'm just stubborn it seems.

If nessisary I will withdraw my opinions if asked.

~Commander Kara Kikatsu, Charm's Way

END
Comm ID: Malcolm_Reynolds

in the matter of:

"Should a "Zoner Response Team" be formed, identifying tag optional, and Delegate Silvan's "Tactical Log" be officially implemented to identify and manage the Team's assets and deployment?"

My vote is yes

Asking politely for someone to leave often won't work if the offender drives a larger warship."what are you going to do about it?"... However, if they know that you can make a simple call on the security comm, multiple large warships can show up as backup, they should be more reluctant to press the issue.

I think talks and Diplomacy still need to be our first choice.
"the pen is mightier than the sward"

but all ways remember,
"you can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word."

if we are going to make laws for others to follow while in our ZoI, we need someone to enforce it and backup for them if things get ugly. otherwise, why does the council make laws at all? Because dogs without teeth don't have a bite to backup their bark.

Captain Reynolds, out.
Comm ID: Comerciante
To: Council of Zoners

Captain Cordova here. About the motion i voted YUP

Best regards