Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
/Sending Transmission: Location Freeport 11
/Rescipients of Transmission: Zoner Council

Captain Izii Helfari here, and I for one have looked over the good chairman's choice of actions against this Apocalypse group and throw my full support to have this moved into effective action. I for one can personally attest to the Apocalypse group outfitting almost every major ship with Zoner equipment.

In a side thought, I hate to see the Zoners in general are throwing snide remarks and trying to disrupt what the Council stands; they do this in my opnion with intentions for personal gain, which destroys what this democracy we've based stands for. That said, I'll say no more.

- Captain Izii.

/End Transmission
/Store to Broken-Hammer's data log.
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-59B
To: Council of Zoners

In light of some resent information forwarded to me (for which I thank this person for)
I've decided to change my vote.

Let the record state that my vote be changed from "Abstain" to "Aye"

It is to my understanding that these... Apocalypse fellows, have no regard for our laws and ethics. Clearly they have abused our hospitality and have now overstayed their welcome on our Freeports.

As for repercussions, there are very few, if any. And it would appear that a decision in the affirmative would appease the Guild Core, who are, at the moment, a bit dissatisfied with the Council.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Council,

Although there is urgency in this vote, do not make this decision lightly. I urge everyone of you to go back and review any evidence that has surfaced recently, as well as past conversations that have shown itself in the FORward Universal MonologueS (//FORUMS) pertaining to this issue.

Yours Sincerely,

Alan Mosinger, Delegate
to: the council of zoners

"due to recent developements in the CoZ, change of politics, reformations - and certain assistants. - i hereby step out of the CoZ.

main reason for that is that i do not feel that the council of zoners still represents what i personally define as "the zoner way" which, admittedly is different for each of us. - the tone in the neuralnet has been most disturbingly un-zonerish if there is something like that. - but in general, outright rude and offensive.

i do not want to be associated with an institution where things are done this way. the CoZ has served a rightful and purposeful existence in the past, and could still do in the present and the future, but in its current state, it is unacceptable for me to still call myself a member of it.

i am looking forward to the times that the CoZ regains the respect it earned under the esteemed chairman Malaclypse and the way of peace, freedom and tolerance.

in regards of freeport 11, i will start to initiate negotiations with their neighbouring factions to ensure that this site will not be drawn into pointless conflicts.

the Persephone will still act as a Guardship in Omicron-Delta, but will henceforth answer to reason and not to decrees by the CoZ if those conflict the peaceful way. - the neuralnet was full of aggressiveness and hostilities in the most recent past... a way which will cause even more loss of life.

i am looking forward to the CoZ becoming an organization that is worth being a proud member of again. - in the meantime, the Persephone is becoming an autonomous unit of its own - and i will negotiate about detaching Freeport 11 from the CoZ as well.

Elizabeth Tate, - the Persephone"
Comm Id: Malcolm Reynolds
Re: Freeport ban Vote

I wish this whole situation could have been resolved diplomatically, instead of trigger happy members of this council who (in my opinion) escalated this into what it is now.

It seems to be too late to oppose the ban, but I cannot fully support it either. So I must abstain.

/Signed, Secretary Reynolds
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

I apologize for my delay, I had to deal with a few things. As the deadline has passed, I declare this vote at an end. The results are;

Yes: 6
No: 1
Abstain: 1

I'd like to make a statement, in light of Bear's objections, about this situation. Some are disgruntled at this choice and think we're not exploring every diplomatic approach we can. The problem is that all of our diplomatic talks with the Apocalypse have resulted either in they insulting us, or they attacking us, and refusing to cooperate at any level. If there was another option open to us, I'd take it, but I don't see letting them do whatever they please as an option. That will simply result in more groups taking the same actions to get what they want. It's the same situation as with the Smokeones and Privateers. Pay their demands and they'll just come back later with their hands out, and soon enough others will follow in their footsteps. What good is an option that will only result in the same problem arising again with even more people. Soon enough it would get so out of control we would never have a hope of stopping it.

A public announcement stating this decision will be sent shortly.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
[Incoming Transmission]
[Comm ID: Jefferson Richmond]
[Location: Freeport 14, Yukon System]

A Holographic image appears of a man slouched over slightly, his head resting in the palm of his hand, fingers drumming on the side of his face.

"It concerns me greatly that Freeport 11 is in consideration of stepping out of the Council of Zoners. I would like to know the Councils current state towards this, and what the plans are. Fellow Zoners living on Freeport 11 will have no support from this action in regards to them withdrawing. As it has seemed the Corsairs have pulled their own forces out due to the recent treaty with the Bretonian Government."

He paused and let out a light sigh.

"Mister Lightwing, of the Consortium, has already stated that they will not recognize Freeport 11 as part of either the Council, or as it's own entity, until an elected governor has been chosen. As well as a number of other Zoner's.

I believe the council needs to act swiftly on this, how that is my own opinion, that is probably not shared by the opinion of other Zoners. Miss Silvan, you need not worry, Freeport 14 will stay under the influence of the Council."

"Jefferson Richmond, out."

He gave a slight wave, and the hologram disappeared.

[Transmission Terminated]
Incoming Transmission...Comm ID...Taylor Davis
Decryption protocol activated...Channel Open

Delegates,

The way I see it, the Freeports belong to all Zoners, not just the Council, and certainly not to any one Zoner, however well respected that Zoner is.

*sigh*

I liked it better when the Zoner factions were working with us, it made things much simpler. I'm not sure why Ms. Tate suddenly decided to stop working with us. She voted FOR the treaties with Liberty and Bretonia, and every other proposal since I joined the Council. I don't understand where the 'us vs. them' mentality of the factions is coming from. We are all Zoners, we all want the same thing: Freedom to live our lives, and peace to live it in. I guess the differences are on how to achieve those goals.

As you all have noticed by now, the Corsairs are upset at us over the treaty with Bretonia. I must confess that I didn't think they would be. After all, there is so much red tape that I highly doubt any Corsair will ever be fired upon at Freeport 1. Apparently, they don't see it that way. Very well, we have a negotiator on the job. I wish Captain Izii success, and if he should need my help, all he need do is ask.

With any luck, the Golden Retriever will shortly be arriving at Freeport 9. Once it does, it may need to be renamed. The recent upgrades have changed its appearance more than I thought they would, and the name no longer suits it. Once the crew and I have chosen a more suitable name I will inform the Council.

**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

' Wrote:As you all have noticed by now, the Corsairs are upset at us over the treaty with Bretonia. I must confess that I didn't think they would be.

Bu-wha? Mr. Davis, I do believe there was someone standing up on a pedestal while this vote was going on, explaining to everyone why those treaties were bad ideas, BEGGING everyone to see that this was going to come back to bite us in the rear. Oh yes, that was me. And most of you blindly voted to pass those treaties anyway.

So it is with great honor and ceremony that I welcome you all to
[Image: fu_i_told_you_so_phixr.png]

So forgive me, but I condone Ms. Tate's desire to separate her own microcosm of issues and diplomacy from our own.

**Transmission ends**
....::::Incoming Transmission::::.....

Comm ID: William Cross

....::::Message Begins::::.....

Fellow Zoners,

I am sending this last transmission to inform you I am stepping down from the CoZ. Please remove my name from the registry. Safe travels to you all.

William Cross
Captian of the Mon Kal

....::::Message Ends::::.....
....::::End of Transmission::::.....
Comm ID: William Ironfoot

It seems that while the "WhiteKnight" and it's crew have been on an extended survey mission into uncharted space for the last two weeks that the Council has imploded like a dying star!

It pains me to see this happen, like all families we have our fights and differences but at the end of the day blood is thicker than water and for the Council to be losing members like blood from an open wound is unacceptable so lets pull it back together.

On a more possitive note I see from the past two weeks activity that I missed the appointment of a new Council Chair, congratulations to Aurelia Silvan. While I would have liked to have put my name down as a possible leader of the council I doubt that I would have troubled your overwhelming majority in favour of your election and I would just like to welcome you to the role and offer any assistance that you require in the way of help.

A lot has changed!
[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]