Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, tossin' my two cents in, I'd have to say 'NAY' on the no loitering rule as well.

I'm a Zoner for two reasons; to gain profit, and to explore freely. As far as I'm concerned other factions of Sirius can use our freeports as they've always done, for whatever purposes that bring profit to the freeport. The more "loitering", the greater the profit in my estimation... and that's why it's there.
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

Subject: Loitering ordinance,

Brothers, Sisters and fellow Delegates,

it seems our No-Loitering ordinance is an very bad Idea,
though other good idea's has come out of it,

I hereby close the Voting earlier then planned,

and the voting is a draw,

also an small advice to Captain trogdor, get yourself an Destroyer/Cruiser class ship as an extra ship and leave
your juggie Hidden near freeport 1, words can do more harm then guns sometimes,

if you want an example, a sidenote she flies an ZBT100 nicknamed the Zoner Whale,

this is from a letter from my sister,

Quote:dear john

a few weeks ago an fight started near freeport 5,
Me and my crew went to there, an bounty hunter was swarmed by many corsair pilots,
I ordered them all to cease fire, they did that, I let the bounty hunter speak first without
being interupted by the corsair pilots, after that I let the highest ranked corsair speak,
they all where kind and I even didnt need to use guns to get their attention,

on second thought I dont have guns, I only have that handcrafted katana you gave me,
I hope everything is alright there at freeport 1, I heared many noise coming from there.

oy last thing, my boyfriend soon is out of newgate, so he can get back to his research, what he always loved to do,

greets and kisses,

Rena Archer...

I hope we all can learn again what our primary's are and what not

thank you for your attention,

to: Corinth research station

"today, we had a "little" incident at fp11. - when i undocked form the station - i immedietly had four guildmembers on my scanners, an order gunboat and the juggernaut "Burza" - along with two more members of the zoner guard in Corvo research vessels.

the order gunboat appeared to have BHG prisoners in his hold - but oddly enough, the sensors showed that he had a freelancer ID. - naturally that caused suspecioun among the hunters - but after he kind of called the hunters "scum" - it was clear that he was not going to behave "neutral" towards the hunters, who of course got rather upset.

i then departed from the station, cause it appeared that we had enough guards around and i had pressing business elsewhere.

in the middle of my flight - i received a message that things went haywire over in delta. - it appears that the freelancer in his order gunboat got destroyed by the hunters - outside of our safety perimeter. - while that is guildbusiness anyway - it is also backed up by the recent message we received by the order council that asked us to treat all order warships NOT piloted by order personel to be "suspicious" or outright hostile.

but the captain of the gunboat must have caused something in the captain and the crew of the Burza. - the juggernaut appeared to open fire on the hunters - which is unacceptable for a captain of a juggernaut that has earned his "guard" badge.

at that time, i officially allowed the guild to "deal with it" and try to disable the juggernaut. - they have no chance to really destroy the ship anyway - its mass is too great.

we might want to look into that matter, - cause the captain of the juggernaut and the freelancer were aparently closely related to each other ... saying they belonged to some PFL or something... polish freelancer ... league?

we cannot exile anyone from our community, but such an event is highly disturbing and detrimental for our relationships with our neighbours in delta - both the guild and the order.

so that message is ... at that time ... only a heads up. - if we run into further trouble with those fellows, we might have to have a good talk with them.

sincerely E.Tate

ps.: i take full responsibility for allowing the guild to engage the Burza. but the burza appeared not to be damaged anyway - i passed it later in omicron minor and it looked totally unscratched"
To: Chairman Archer, Council Delegates
Comm ID: Malaclypse, TAZ Delegate

Fellow Delegates,

Due to numerous requests from Delegates for a more "confidential" venue for discussing Zoner issues, this frequency has been re-configured, re-encrypted, and red-shifted. It now should only be accessible to bonafide, registered members of this Council.

All information transmitted and matters discussed on this frequency are in strictest confidence, and are not to be shared with, or accessed by, any non-registered person.

Persons wishing to address this Council must do so by the following methods:

a) He/she/it must be sponsored by a Delegate;
b) He/she/it may place a request for audience, or transmit any issues affecting this Council through other established Diplomatic channels;
c) He/she/it may use the established channel for reporting violations of Zoner Freeport Laws. (See the Chairman's siggy..)

If there are any problems with the new encryption codes, please contact myself or the Chairman.

Regards,
Mal, TAZ Delegate to the CoZ

((//We are once again an officially sanctioned "Message Dump", and as such, the information herein is not for "public consumption". Only registered Zoners may post here unless invited. M.//))
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Council Delegates

Unfortunately my first message to this Council after its new security procedures is an unhappy one. The first of two important issues is the actions taken by fellow Delegates of this council during, but not exclusive to, these past two days.

Delegate Furball was the first to raise a point concerning today's agreement with the Independent Miners Guild. While I have no qualms about said agreement, for I had been encouraging the IMG's request, I do however have an issue with how this Council conducted itself in regards to the matter. The problem is that the decision was made by only a few persons on behalf of the entire Council.. The entire Council did not have a choice in the matter and therefor the decision lacked the legitimacy it required and stripped our delegates of their right to voice their opinion on this agreement.

The discussion took place on a very private comm channel that not everyone in this Council has access to, and there was such a small gap of time between receiving the request and choosing to agree to it that many of those that do have access to those channels weren't able to take part. In an organization such as ours, democracy is our most important asset. But there is no democracy when the majority is ignored in favor of a decision made by only a few.

I'm not saying that every issue we are faced with must be put to a vote that could take days, but I do say we must give a brief summery of the situation and enough time for anyone to oppose our chairman's decision before it is put into effect. Only if we receive opposition should it be put to a vote, but it is imperative that we still give the chance for that opposition to be voiced. It would take little to simply summarize the situation, wait for twenty-four hours, and then proceed if we do not have more than two delegates in opposition.

I'd like to turn your attention to the situation we found ourselves in yesterday when Ms. Tate decided, without input from anyone on this Council, to abolish the No-Fire Zone around Freeport 11. Many of us were against this being done, and the decision could have, and could still, hurt us greatly. If Ms. Tate had taken the time to let Council to make a decision, we could have avoided the entire mess.

By following an established protocol, we can avoid it happening again in the future, and can assure that democracy reigns in this Council and that it is the only hand that directs our actions.

The second matter I wish to discuss involves the Corsairs. Specifically those found near Freeport 1. Today I received a message detailing the presence of several Corsairs.. I think you'll be disturbed to hear that these weren't simply a few fighters and bombers. No, what we had was a Corsair Dreadnought, two Gunboats, and a bomber. Whats worse? They blatantly violated Freeport 1's No-Fire Zone. A single badly-aimed Mortar blast could wreak havoc on Freeport 1, not to mention the many missiles and the explosive shockwave from so many high-powered energy weapons.

Among the Corsairs was the Santa Omega, a Dreadnought. The PFC had two Gunboats, the Leviathan and Spacekiller. Then the Omega Pirates Guild's (OPG) pilot Grimly was present in a Praetorian. But this is no an isolated incident. Yesterday I personally witnessed three Corsair cruisers present at Freeport 1 throughout the three hours I was on station in the Syros. There were also two Imperator Gunboats and worse yet, a Corsair who had apparently stolen one of our Gunboats and was using it to pirate in. He ran off before I could stop him. Then a Corsair bomber and Bounty Hunter fighter got into a battle inside the No-Fire Zone.

All of this has happened over the last twenty-four hours, and is quite common these days. The Syros cannot secure Freeport 1 all day, everyday. And that is why I bring this issue here today. The Omega Pirates Guild has been warned repeatedly, The Brotherhood has been informed, and Benitez has been told of this as well; We do not appreciate these actions taking place, nor this amount of military equipment using our Freeports for attacks on the Corsair's enemies. All it has done is draw the Armed Forces and Bounty Hunters Guild towards Freeport 1 in an attempt to stop the masses of Corsairs attacking Bretonia from it.

We have already received an official request from the Armed Forces for permission to fire upon Corsairs in range of Freeport 1. We refused that request for good reason; It'd increase the already-high amount of fights going on outside the station. But what we have not mentioned, and what we've tried to ignore, is the fact that despite our caution and efforts, tensions in Omega-3 are rising. The system is turning into as much a warzone as Leeds, and at this rate a full-blown clash between the Armed Forces and Corsairs is inevitable. I'm not talking about gunboats and fighters, I'm talking about battleships, dreadnoughts, and cruisers. And if that happens, don't think for a second that the Bounty Hunters Guild will stay quiet. What odds does Freeport 1 stand if such were to occur?

Therefor, in the interest of Freeport 1, I make a motion to forbid any Corsair capital ships, from Gunboats to Dreadnoughts, from docking or staying within a ten-K distance of the station. On top of that, I move to make a motion for all Corsairs of any ship class, excluding transports, be prohibited from docking Freeport 1 for a period of seven days, starting from the day this motion is put into effect, if agreed upon.

In addition, The Brotherhood must be notified of the situation regarding Omega-3. They must be made to know what is going on and I think it is not too far a stretch to say that they must be made to take action against our present situation. This cannot be solved simply by the Zoners, we need the cooperation of the Corsair Council. They must be made to see what is going on, and they must start taking action of their own to stop it, or hostilities between the two of us will come to be, no matter how hardly we fight against it.
-Aurelia Silvan

<div align="right]End Transmission

Comm ID: Furball
To: Council.

I welcome Ms Silvan's comments regarding the haste in which the IMG deal was done and the lack of consultation but I must remind her that she was one of the "few persons on behalf of the entire council" who rushed this through. People who think, shall we say, less kindly of zoners might readily assume the worst regarding the Council's integrity in this matter.
However the point about speeding up the decision making process is quite right, we have been caught out recently debating issues which have either already been resolved or have simply ended of their own accord so I'm actually in favour of the private comms channel and I hope more of us will use it.
As to the Corsairs? How can we mix our message more than we already have done? If you're a Corsair and you go to Freeport 11 you get a free pass to open fire right next to the base, you pitch up in Omega 3 and you can't even dock at Freeport 1, we're getting something seriously wrong here, I'm not expecting the warmest of responses from the Brotherhood.

But on the other hand, if they want to bring it on, I'm ready.

Furball Out.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Furball

You are wrong on two points here. First is that I was involved with the Council's discussion concerning the Mining Guild. I was not. I was contacted yesterday by the IMG about their request and supported them in sending it to the Council, but I took no part in the private communications about that agreement, for I was not available at the time to do so. So I was as much left out as you were.

The second thing in which you are wrong is that the Corsairs may fire on anyone within range of Freeport 11. Yesterday I sent a message to Elizabeth Tate and had the Freeport 11 No-Fire Zone reinstalled. No one may fire within range of the station under any circumstances. With that said, whatever impressions the Corsairs have regarding Freeport 11 are ones gained from the words of Ms. Tate, which are not those of the Council. So the Corsairs should not be, in any way, confused about our stance regarding No-Fire Zones.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Incomoming Transmission
Comm ID:Lucky LeRoux
Recipients: Council Delegates

Well, first of all, apologies to the Council for being away for so long due to extended trip abroad to negotiate access rights for trading me priceless nick-knacks in those new frontiers. Anyway, I got back to find some discontent amonst fellow Council members, voiced by Aurelia Silvan:-

Firstly, regarding the way in which a couple of decisions affecting us all within the Council have been rushed through a bit swiftly and without full consultation of the Council.

In this respect I think Aurelia has a picked up a good point and I can sympathise with Delegate Furball, major decisions affecting us all should be kept to this Forum and members given a chance to voice their views. A 24 hour period for delegates to express an opinion and argue the point seems appropriate in future. Motion Seconded in the interests of democracy for all members.

Secondly, the continued aggression and thuggery witnessed outside the the long suffering Freeports.

I totally agree a decision to ban capital ships within a 10k exclusion zone of Freeport 1 for 7 days from approval of the motion. I for one am sick to death of being taxed for damage caused to Zoner Bases by these ingrates! And I endorse this by saying I think it should apply to all Cap ships no matter what Faction, to allow a cooling off period while those involved consider the implications....

For instance...Do the Corsairs realise how many extra hours I have to spend trading to pay for the damage they cause?... This extra trading all comes out of the time allocated to truck food to Crete at zero profit to me, but the Corsairs appear not to consider this deprivation to their kith and kin. They should reconsider.

That's it said from me.

Fly Safe.

Lucky
Comm ID: Malaclypse
To: CoZ Secure

Delegate Furball, I accept partial responsibility for endorsing a quick response to the IMG, with the caveat that they not be granted exclusive niobium rights. I apologize to yourself and the rest of the Council for usurping our democratic process.

I also agree that a clear message needs to be sent regarding the security of our Freeports. Delegate Aurelia's unilateral decision negating Delegate Tate's unilateral decision at Freeport 11 probably has the entire Corsair nation scratching its' head.

That is why I agree with Lucky's suggestion to amend the Motion before the Council to include ALL non-Zoner capital ships, at least until tensions in the O's subside. This should alleviate any confusion on the part of those to who this motion is addressed.

If Delegate Aurelia has no objection to amending her motion, the TAZ will vote yea, with the understanding that diplomatic channels will be opened with the Corsair Council seeking a swift remedy.
Comm ID: Furball
To: Council

I am resigning from the Zoner Council effective immediately, Ms Silvan's comments on this channel and her behaviour earlier tonight at Freeport 1 have made it impossible for me to continue my duties.
I wish the Council all the best in its future endeavours.
Malaclypse please remove my name from the Zoner Registry.

Furball Out.