Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: F-23 Discordia

*Senor Cordova, your response is understandable. The TAZ welcomes traders and small ships at Shasta Outpost, but our Station gunners definitely get nervous when any Capship sits around committing mopery with intent to gawk.

*Ryoken, there's a lesson in diplomacy to be learned here.. I won't go into why you were acquiring "supplies" in a Battlestar, when a trading vessel is both less obtrusive and less intrusive. The 66th had every right to question your presence and intent, and to ask you to move away from their homeworld.

*i would advise you in future to keep the heavy hardware in Zoner-controlled territory; and use something smaller for your "shopping sprees.*

*Now, to the matter of the "Expedition to Gammu". The [TAZ]Bafflin'.Queen is currently at Shasta Outpost, being stocked for the voyage to Omicron Kappa. She will need to make several stops enroute to pick up the members of the expedition. I expect Captain Waverly will be opening a new frequency shortly for "Mission Logs" and direct communications to our loved ones aboard Reg's liner.

*All mission personnel have confirmed, except for one. Shamus is still in process of convincing our guest at the Goddess Geode to accompany them. Once he has Pyriel's yay or nay, the mission will commence.

*All for now,
Mama Dis*
to: the council of zoners

"i hereby inform the council, that i have placed a bounty on keeper ships that violate the safe zone around FP11 and or attack or have been caught red-handed attacking the station. the contract was sent to the [core] and is a reaction to a recent attack on the station by the keepers.

whenever the keepers violate the safe zone, the Core units are allowed to respond with heavy weaponfire and are instructed to either drive them out of the safe zone or destroy them within this radius.

the reward is payed by the station and myself, and i do hope that the keepers will not endanger our safety in omicron-delta much.

the contract is not limited so far, but runs untill i cancel it.

this contract was made especially, cause i found that it takes too long to power up the systems of the persephone each time the keepers enter the long range sensors and since the core has deplayed an expeditional fleet at freeport 11 anyway, it was the closest thing to do.

this message is meant to inform the council of this contract only.

thank you for your attention

E. Tate"

to: Frye, Phalynx

"the contract offered to the [core] is a very restricting and specific one. - it does only include fighting nomads that enter the safe zone and are killed inside the safe zone. - hunting nomads outside of the 5000 meter radius is their own business.

i can t say that immediate assistance is needed, - but the keeper ships enter delta on a regular base and patrol through it. - the population and work crews on freeport 11 must live in permanent alert, cause the station hasn t got the defense matrix that the Persephone offers, - but i cannot stay near the station on guard duty.

so, i would say that a watchful eye or two are welcome in delta - just in case. but no more active patrols than there are anyway. so far, the keepers left the station alone the past incidents and we allmost felt safe again - or safe considering the situation.

but it was told that the keepers attacked the station just recently, when i was not present in scanner range ( the scanners on the persephone are old and as long as the ship is hidden within the nebula, - most systems are running low ).

so this is a direct response to that recent attack. - i learned that the keepers are a lot less aggressive against zoners when we do not fight them or invoke their anger. - so thats why i passed that contract to the BHG, as ... well.... i don t mind when the nomads dislike them much. - rather them than us.

of course, your help is welcome, too - anytime - but be careful as i wouldn t like to see a zoner ship damaged or its crew.

E.Tate out"
Incoming Transmission............
Comm ID: Rock

' Wrote:from: persephone II
to: the council of zoners

"i hereby inform the council, that i have placed a bounty on keeper ships that violate the safe zone around FP11 and or attack or have been caught red-handed attacking the station. the contract was sent to the [core] and is a reaction to a recent attack on the station by the keepers.

whenever the keepers violate the safe zone, the Core units are allowed to respond with heavy weaponfire and are instructed to either drive them out of the safe zone or destroy them within this radius.

the reward is payed by the station and myself, and i do hope that the keepers will not endanger our safety in omicron-delta much.

the contract is not limited so far, but runs untill i cancel it.

this contract was made especially, cause i found that it takes too long to power up the systems of the persephone each time the keepers enter the long range sensors and since the core has deplayed an expeditional fleet at freeport 11 anyway, it was the closest thing to do.

this message is meant to inform the council of this contract only.

thank you for your attention
E. Tate"

I am courious as to how the order will fill with the core having a base so close to taledo.
to: rock

" that is hardly the orders business, innit? - take it from me, the guild has established a base on freeport 11 anyway. - by offering a contract, i am involved in what they do, giving me some sort of influence. - without a contract, they have the standard contract with the freeports.

you must know that the guild has been there anyway. fp11 is where they stationed their nomad fleet. - but if we don t have insight in their affairs, we cannot steer them. - the order on the other hand has other matters at hand. - they are busy with the liberty navy, from what i hear, - so we need the extra protection from the guild.

the order will simply have to live with these conditions.

E.Tate out"
---Incoming Transmission---
--Priority: High--

Comm ID: Nathan "Coachwhip" Williamson

Greetings Zoners,

Just need to give you a heads up on a situation developing with the Jupiter Guild, well from a Xeno perspective at any rate. Seems that the JG can't quite understand the concept of Zoner neutrality. Seems they see the Xenos just like the rest of Liberty's dogs and not at all like the Zoners do. As a result we are being forced to take a hostile stance towards any Jupiter Guild vessels that we might happen to meet. This will not affect our position with those Zoners who choose to act like Zoners. To them, as always, we extend our regards and our thanks for supplies given in the past and hopefully in the future.

Coachwhip out.

---Transmission Terminated---
**incoming message**
**priority high**
*to: Zoner Council*

Dear ladys and gentleman,
today something terrible happened. Some pilots Zoner taged have declared a war to Liberty. They call them self
Zoner Expeditionary. I would like us to discuss of that problem and to decide what should we do with those pilots.
Some more data of that attack you can find here

**transmission ends**
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Zoner Council and Liberty public channel
Subject: Incidents with the Expeditionary
Opening link...

Yes, a friend of mine who operates in Liberty told me about this.

First, on a related note that Alicia told me about earlier, Expeditionary battlestars not moving when ordered while over Manhattan: The Expeditionaries, in my opinion, should keep their capital ships out of Liberty. I don't care if they get themselves fried, but I don't want any suspicion drawn to me because of their hopefully-only-temporary stupidity.

Second, acts of aggression are not what we do! We help our allies with supplies, not by fighting their wars for them! We have enough to deal with on our own, without getting the LSF after us!

I'm going back to inspecting my weapons and repairing my Sunslayer. Thanks to them, I might need it.

Black out.

Link unexpectedly terminated. Closing...
Comms open:
Message sending:
Source: Cadiz
To: Freeport 9, Freeport 11
Subject: Zoners and zoners.

Dear Council, OPG and rest of corsairs are frankly puzzled and annoyed by these kind of new zoners that are sprouting all over the place. Zoner ID, no zoner affiliation. When we ask them where is their affiliation they usually respond with "it's in process". Well I don't see that process on route from new berlin to shikoku or wherever they sell those items they carry trough sigma 13, and I certainly don't see it being changed while peddling VIPs to Kurile right trough Omegas.
Some zoners have already been taxed and "instructed" in a difference between Zoner and a zoner, and others will be instructed when scanned for cargo.
I suggest you either instruct these members in code of conduct, or instruct me to fire upon them next time they threaten me with council of zoners or approaching the Freeport base.

OPG scourge Ivan, signing off.
Comm ID: Discordia, ChairMama, CoZ

*Oh, this is rich!

*Gentlefolk, the Council appreciates your notification and testimony on this matter; however...

*...the Council will not discuss this matter until we hear what the bleep happened directly from the parties involved. For that purpose, I am transmitting the following message:

------

Message to: Zoner Expeditionary Leader
Comm ID: Council of Zoners

Sir,

You are hereby summoned to report immediately for deposition by the Council. The reports coming in from all sides are very disturbing, if somewhat vague. Therefore, we require your direct input on what exactly transpired in Alaska and Liberty within the past 72 hours.

We are deeply troubled at your apparent nonchalance in stationing a number of capital ships above a major House's capitol planet. We are also disturbed by reports that you considered "declaring war" on a House government.

If you are "repairing" relations with Liberty, as rumored, then we require the specific details of those negotiations, and their outcome.

If your organization does not respond to this Summons in a timely manner, then the Council will have no choice but to consider Sanctions against the Zoner Expeditionary Forces, up to and including possible expulsion from the Council, and removal from the Zoner Registry.

We will expect your response within the next 24 hours.

F-23 Discordia, Chairperson,
for the Council of Zoners.