Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tarlkor now looked quite confused. "Connection? You tryin' ta scare me? Everyone here knows as well as I do tha' our only connection with them is tha' one a' them used ta be in my brother's "Legion", before he went crazy or whatever. Anyways, I ain't goin' to stand down on this issue unless tha chairman orders me to. Ya just don' want me to show the evidence. But you ain't a chairman or a king or anythin', so ya can get ridda that attitude."

Tarlkor picked up the papers. "Now, let me show you this parta the records here."

' Wrote:...
"Feel free to open up a comm channel to your brother, if you think he may be able to provide some real information, and not just a bunch of vague warnings of impending doom."...

...this 'Harbinger' situation is a rather more important issue at this time...

"Here, the chairman tellin' me to call my brother an' sayin' tha' the Nomads are more important than ya're votin' rights thing."

' Wrote:"Let us then divide the issues once more. I withdraw my previous amended Motion, and move that we vote on the simple question of the Jupiter Guild:

Should the Jupiter Guild, through an assigned Delegate, be allowed full membership and voting rights on the Council of Zoners?

"Ya then proceeded to bring up exactly tha same topic, just on a different group."

' Wrote:"When sufficient of our "teleconferencing" members have voted, we can reconvene on this most serious Nomad matter."

"An' then ya contradicted the chairman some more. Not good, I'm tellin' ya."

' Wrote:Malaclypse sniffed and shook his head. "Well, sir, you are certainly right about this taking some time, if you insist on being so brief and cryptic in your statemens to this Council.

"We would appreciate it you state what you know, rather than threatening us with some vague need for confidetiality about your so-called "infomation".

"As to the "data core"... does it speak, dance, make coffee? Dis, please be a dear globe and inspect this device. Maybe you can get more out of it than we're getting out of this Denelo fellow.

"Now, uncalled for rudeness. A hint: Don' be rude ta the only one who can help ya. Particularly when they've just got here, an' have no clue what ya want!"

' Wrote:"Am I to assume then, that the Motion Brother Leroy and I have placed before this Council regarding the Jupiter Guild's voting rights is to be swept aside while we are subjected to this bollocks??

"Brother Isaac, point of order, please! I believe the Jupiter Guild motion takes precedence! I would like to see that matter resolved before I grow old trying to "pull teeth" on this Nomad issue."

"An' here. I believe it's you who swept the Nomad issue away for ya're "guild" motion, which most certainly doesn't take any precedence. Then, right after tha', my brother kindly said this to you're rudeness."

' Wrote:Denelo thought for a moment, and Malaclypse spoke.

Denelo responded. "I apologize for interrupting your council. If you wish for me to leave the room so you can finish your motion, just let me know. "

"After which, ya yelled this."

' Wrote:"Mr Chairman, I request that you have both Jinx and Mori stand down on this issue until the present Motion is addressed. Then we can talk about Nomads until the bloody Chaos come home!"

"Now, my brother had just OFFERED ta do exactly tha'. An' then ya try ta force him otherwise. Now, does anyone agree tha' was uncalled for an' most certainly lead to my brother's leavin', which, in turn, lead ta all those deaths?"

Tarlkor waited for a response.
"You wish me to be silent? Very well.

"However, I will not allow you to stand here and baldfacedly accuse myself or this Council of being responsible for any of the deaths occurring at Freeport 11.

"If anyone could be seen as responsible for the lives of those innocents, I suggest it might be those who have withheld and delayed information regarding these Nomads; not just from this Council, but from the entirety of humankind here in Sirius.

Malaclypse rose. "You have my vote on the current matter. I can be insulted and defamed just as well on my vessel as here. Brother Isaac, contact me for any further business. Until then, I will be taking care of my own business. If this Council is not pleased with my behavior, then I abstain on any vote of "no confidence" you may wish to raise. Good day."

Malaclypse gathered his portfolio and turned towards the door. Discordia's titanium globe oscillated vertically three times before moving to follow him. *What he said, Gents. Mama Dis just cashed in her chips as well. 23's*
>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<

ORIGIN: FREEPORT 11

DESTINATION: ZONER COUNCIL ROOM

////////////////////

This long distance transmission is rather expensive, so I hope that the information I am giving you is of some importance. I can only hope that the issue at hand regarding the JGs voting rights has been has been settled. If not, well, what the cheese have you guys been doing these past days?

I had picked up Harbinger's unique signature very recently in omicron delta. I had been of a mind to investigate, but the signal disappeared. Really, just disappeared. No trace. Normally, a ship will shut down for repairs or it may rest a bit and will continue to give off a faint signal. This was not the case here. The signal just stopped. I can only guess that Harbinger has gone on a... how should I put it....extra dimensional vacation. I doubt that we will be seeing or hearing from harbinger for some time.

Here are the datalogs from my ship regarding the event.

>>DATALOGS<<

This might allow us to turn our attention to other matters.

What else to know? Freeport 11 is coming along in repairs nicely and the biodomes are almost completely fixed.
Jupiter Guild has approval from the TBH elders to move their fleet through Gamma and utilize Yanagi and Fp11 as a base of operation. We are currently awaiting to see if they forward the same courtesy to the AW.
The third approval need to come from the council aka a go ahead to engage the nomad threat...

Jupiter Guild standing by...
A quick update...
[\Jupiter Guilld/] is working hard to resolve the conflict between the two Omicron Giants...aka TBH and AW.
Atleast both parties are talking to [\JG/] in a very civil manner. Seems like they do want peace. So far TBH has allowed JG access through Gamma. TBH's eadership is very sour about the AW actions in the past on their planet Crete and other facilities. AW contends that they have ceased those operations and there have been no major raid to gamma in the last month. There was one incident where AW followed an unnamed corsair back to gamma after the unnamed corsair showed hostility in theta.

I believe Peace can be achieved. the advantages to both factions are as follows...
for AW:
1. Finally some peace in Theta
2. Open access to unknown (I am sure TBH would allow that if peace happens)

for TBH:
1. PEACE (no more raids.
2. Jupiter Guild would open more bilateral relations with the TBH leadership and will help in improving Crete economy (OOC Hint: For the love of God admin, give them some other good trade item that they can trade in Theta and probably drop the price of food in FP 9 to around 90 so more people are willing to run to gamma for that run...it is still not an uber run but gives traders an incentive. May be we can add handicrafts in 4.85 (80 in crete 778 in NY) that are prized in main houses and are legal. Though they bring a lot less money than artifacts.)
3. Corsairs would get open access to theta systems so they can start thinking about desigining trade ships...(OOC: winking at Aom and Mohr)
I am still hoping to see this through...
[\JG/]Rakghoul
Fenning sighed. It looks like the voting had stalled, and wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Bringing in Mori had turned into a minor fiasco, and didn't end up revealing much new information.

Cursed politics. He quietly left a credit chip on the table as a tip for the pie and made for the exit. Time to get some real work done...
Isaac nods to Pip. "I commend you on your attempts at diplomacy... Finally ending the AW/TBH war would indeed do much to bring peace to Theta."

Standing, Isaac stretches and cracks his knuckles. "Alright then, it doesn't look like we have any more votes forthcoming. By my count, the 'Yays' have it. As far as this Council is concerned, the Jupiter Guild does indeed live up to the Zoner ideals of neutrality and will be granted full voting rights."

"And now, I think, I'll be calling an end to this session. We may have a temporary reprieve from the attacks of the Harbinger and it's allies, but who knows how long that will last? We must prepare defenses against future Nomad incursions, and that requires action on our part, not more talk. I encourage all of you that may have a combat capable vessel to move it to Freeport-11 or the immediate area."

"So, unless anyone else has anything urgent to add, this session is adjourned."
Message to: Isaac Drake, Gran Canaria
CC: Zoner Council Members
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Baffin

Brother Isaac,

Kudos on maintaining your sanity. I was in danger of losing mine, so I thought it best to withdraw before any fur started flying.

Apologies for my rather confrontational behavior; but having my name besmirched in public was losing its appeal. I hope you understand.

I'm assuming that now the Jupiter Guild has its Council standing clarified, there will be no issues with them taking whatever assignments are necessary to help out over in Omicron Delta. I have no problems with it, at least. At present, the TAZ can supply relief aid, but not much in the way of defensive aid. I will recommend to any TAZ members with anything heavier than a trader that Freeport 11 be defended; but I fear it won't be enough to turn the tide.

Finally, concerning that "Letter of Censure" to the Asgard Warriors: F-23 Sylvia reported an interesting fact to me immediately following her encounter with the Harbinger in Delta today. The AW ship Denicalus came to her aid; and according to her HUD, was Outcast IFF'd. She didn't have time to question the Denicalus about this; but perhaps it indicates a change in policy for our AW friends. I'm hoping someone in authority with their Faction can clarify this for us. If it is indeed a "new look" for the AW, perhaps the Letter of Censure I volunteered to draft will not be necessary atall, atall.

Please keep me posted on Council business. Baffin requires my attention at the moment; but I will be happy to join you wherever you should meet next, for whatever order of business may require the Council's attention.

Regards,
Malaclypse
Pipsqueak stepped forward and bowed his head....
"Its a great honor....Jupiter GUild ships will start moving to FP 11 to defend it. Any AW that needs to go through Gamma, please wait for JG to be online and ask us. JG will comply. We are trying hard not to incite any incidents in Gamma"
---<Incoming Transmission.---*duplicate sent to the TBH*
Image of Rakghoul came onlline...
"We spotted the Harbringer 2 cycles ago in Omicron delta.
Zoners deployed a Battleship and a Gun boat to intercept it. AW was not available for this encounter.
Our comms caught voice s of a Battleship captain Cursing and challenging the Harbringer.
Harbringer's signal was lost and then found again at Omicron lost.
When the Zoner ships arrived at the battle location in Omicron Lost, we found an Order battleship still smouldering from the battle, barely alive. We dispatched a small shuttle with engineers and nanobots to do a quick repair and make it flyable. The captain of the Order Battleship reported the following:
First of all, HARBRINGER is dead. It had been trying to learn our language all this time. Cant say whether to start some relations with humans or just to threaten us. But as it died, it broadcasted a message. I will play it for your review...", Rak motioned to a holo screen...it started playing.
"<begin transmission> gwaqussssskh.......akhhhrr.....more...ships......kaaaasss shhhfffftttt......clones..... bzzk......new..brood....brrzzzk....hatched...<transmission lost>"
"Please stay alert in Delta, cause it almost seemss like the nomad beast was mocking us as it died. There is something very dark brewing out there guys.---<transmission out>---