Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Denelo nodded at Jinx. "I'm glad you can let such things go. I told you all I knew at the time - They seem to be unbelievably powerful, there's a new "avenger"-type one, and that they usually don't attack unless provoked. Usually. They also now believe Freeport 11 is completely responsible for the attack on the Harbinger, and they, particularly that avenger I mentioned earlier, want to completely eradicate it. I have learned much more about them since then. Also, there is one thing I've known for a while I can now tell you - or show you. Look."

Denelo placed the Core in the middle of the table. He pressed a button on it's top, opening a small panel. He typed something in, and then the entire top half of the device split into four pieces, which slid apart and revealed a small, black, eye-like object inserted in the middle of the device. Also, there was a card slot, a small speaker, and a place for a chip. Denelo placed a card in the slot for a moment, then removed it. The device beeped, then the "eye" projected a two-dimensional image against one wall.

[Image: nomad.png]

"That is an sketch of Taurvi in his fighter. He cannot leave it, but now you clearly see what I meant about them being half-nomad, half-human. He was permanently placed in that fighter. I don't know why, or by who, though we do suspect the LSF may have been involved, but we have noticed that while he was originally completely Legion-affiliated, he has completely loosened his ties, and is now barely affiliated to the Legion at all, only occasionally assisting us in battle."

Denelo paused long enough for the council to think over his words, then he continued. "Now, please tell me. What is it you would like to know? They nature of these part-nomads? Their behavior? Strengths and weaknesses?"
Fenning spoke. "Yes to all of those. First of all, I'd like more clarity on who 'they' are that you refer to. Are you referring to Nomads in general? The Harbinger hive-mind? A new alien race?

"At any rate, if there's a beginning to start at, it would be good to hear the story from there. If not, I for one want to know at least what the Harbinger is doing cruising around Sirius, as well as its relationship with other Nomads and whoever 'they' are."
"Am I to assume then, that the Motion Brother Leroy and I have placed before this Council regarding the Jupiter Guild's voting rights is to be swept aside while we are subjected to this bollocks??

"Brother Isaac, point of order, please! I believe the Jupiter Guild motion takes precedence! I would like to see that matter resolved before I grow old trying to "pull teeth" on this Nomad issue."
"it is extremely important to understand. sending out the JG is a consequence, but we cannot execute that unless we k now what we are speaking about. we do not wish to send the JG into a deathtrap, do we? - we shall know what we are about to face.

i d like to know aswell - how much does the order know about that matter? are they fully informed and ... are we to inform them. or are there things that we should keep safe.

another thing is - does that being has a base of operation? are there full humans that assist it with resources and or supplies? - if we prepare for battle - we must know who the enemies are. - if its "only" the nomads, we might consult the order about it, too - but if its a more complex matter and more than those avenger types and nomads involved, - in short, if its a wide spun web that is involved, we must mobilize our forces in a larger scale. we may have to inform the cambridge institude and .... maybe the official authorities aswell - allthough i don t give very much on the so called house military and police - or even the bounty hunter guild."
"Well, "they" would be Taurvi, the Harbinger, this new "avenger", and all their accomplices, if they have any.

The story... is complicated. I only know bits and pieces. I've already told you most of what I know... I've also heard the Harbinger is controlled by Taurvi, or Taurvi is controlled by the Harbinger. Based on my observations, I think it's probably the former. I also know that Taurvi was, at one time, a completely normal human. That's really all of the story I know."

Denelo glanced at Tarlkor. "Tarlkor, I know you know more than me on the subject of the Harbinger's travels. Or did you forget to monitor it, too? Don't tell me we're going to have a repeat of the last time you did that..."

Tarlkor muttered something about "Dang electronics...", but then told Denelo: "Nah, I remembered. It seems to frequent the Omicrons and the Independent Worlds more than anywhere else, but I really couldn't tell ya anything other than that. Does seem to like nebulas. Maybe it's just trying to hide or something though."

Denelo thought for a moment, and Malaclypse spoke.

Denelo responded. "I apologize for interrupting your council. If you wish for me to leave the room so you can finish your motion, just let me know. "
Malaclypse banged his fist on the table.

"Point of Order! Once again, I will not listen to any of this until the Motion before the Council is addressed!

"Jinx, the Motion before the Council is NOT about sending the Jupiter Guild against anyone! It is strictly and solely about their voting rights on this Council. Get your bloody head right about that!

"Mr Chairman, I request that you have both Jinx and Mori stand down on this issue until the present Motion is addressed. Then we can talk about Nomads until the bloody Chaos come home!"
Denelo stood up.

"Excuse me? I just ASKED if you wanted me to stand down while you finished your motion, and here you are yelling like I'm trying to tell you to become warmongering terrorists!"

Denelo's brow furrowed. "Since this man here has decided to completely ignore absolutely everything I say, then yell at me for doing something TO HELP YOU that I offered to stop until you were done with some trivial matter beforehand, I believe it is time for me to take my leave."

Denelo picked up and closed the Data Core. "Farewell. If any of you have anything to say that isn't rash - I've noticed most of you aren't yelling at the top of your lungs - please send me a transmission."

Denelo walked out of the room.
Isaac sighs and rubs at his eyes. "Alright, I'll try to find out more about this 'Taurvi' and everything once we're finished here... For now, lets just vote on the JG issue."

"Vote Yay to give the Jupiter Guild full voting rights, vote Nay to not."
' Wrote:"Vote Yay to give the Jupiter Guild full voting rights, vote Nay to not."

"Yay."
"all urgent matters are solved, i ll return to my personal duties, too - you have my vote."

with these words, Jinx leaves the conference room and heads to the airlocks for a shuttle to the spaceport...