Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***transmission begins***
Sender ID: James Fletcher

Heck of a lot of prodding at each other in here.

Anyways...

Eh. Not one for speeches. So I'll nominate Aurelia Silvan and leave it at that.

***transmission ends***
Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: Sebastien Coen, Council Chambers, Planet Gran Canaria.

Displaying...

I, and all others under my command shall be leaving the council.

Deep space calls and we leave appeasing the rabble to the council's capable hands.

Best of luck.

Transmission End.
' Wrote:Incoming Transmission....Comm ID Taylor Davis
Zoner Council Decryption protocol activated....
Channel Open...

We are indeed giving up some things in the treaties, but we are getting far more in return than we are giving up.

What, pray tell, are we getting with the Bretonia treaty that we don't already have in exchange for telling Bretonia that the space around Freeport 2 belongs to them and that we're just renters?
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan

One more day, making a total of three, for nominations. Currently Trogdor and myself have the required amount for candidacy. So people have more of an option, I hereby nominate Galen Watsan for Chairperson.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
*inside the council chambers, Top stands and shouts*

Shuddup for a minute!

I second the nomination for Aurelia Silvan.

That is all.
==Incoming Transmission==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-82
To: Council of Zoners, TAZ, OSI
Subj: Council of Zoners
Subj: Council of Zoners Chairperson
Subj: Request Addendum

Delegates, TAZ, and OSI

The main purpose that this council was formed was to unite the zoners as one body, to allow our people to bring forth issues that concerned them, and to ensure that our existence as a whole. We have strayed a bit off this path and have proceeded on our own agenda. Friends, we must correct this, for the sake of those that we speak for. Alone, a man will die. In good company, he is immortal.

To the members of TAZ and the OSI, although I respect your choice to leave this Council, I ask that you at least consider the thought of having a representative on the council so that the thoughts of your respective groups may be weighed in. Every person counts here. The choices and actions that each and everyone of us makes affects us all. I will not deny that this council does have it's flaws, however, we are merely humans, and our imperfections is what makes us unique. Through the guidance and input of other minds will surely bring forth better a better tomorrow.

On the subject of the Next Chairperson, I would like to nominate Secretary Reynolds to the position. He is familiar with the daily operations of this council and has proved to be an invaluable asset to the CoZ.

I would also like to put request an addendum (or whatever it is called) to our charter (if we do not have a charter, then I propose we draft one as well).

I would like to propose that for a vote:
- A minimum of 5 standard Sirius days pass before the end of a vote.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of the sitting council at the time of resolution must be present to vote either Yea, Nay, or Abstain.
* Should there be less than two-thirds (2/3) of the council be present at the time of vote, continue with the vote but note for possible review/reversal. (less then one-third (1/3) the resolution does not pass (dies))
- In the event of a tie, the vote will be extended for another 1 to 3 days for further deliberation (depending on the circumstance) Allowing for other delegates to come forward and/or change their vote.
* In the event of another tie after the extension, the sitting chairperson will decide if a resolution passes, fails, or dies (dropped for later time).

If you would like to add, or shoot down the request, feel free to do so.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I thank you for your time

Alan Mosinger -Council of Zoners, Delegate
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

I too fail to see what we gain in either of these treaties, aside from the figurative large foreign object crammed where it doesn't belong.

As to our NFZ being 'get out of jail free cards', I think of them more as neutral zones. Lawfuls, unlawfuls, and in-between visiting our stations means more profit for us. After all, every ship that gets blown up is one less that can spend credits in our bars and equipment dealers. So yes, I think of them as safe havens. This is what the denizens, certainly the traders at least, of Sirius have come to expect of them.

Even if we used your interpretation, Mr. Davis, allowing the LSF to pursue criminals into the NFZ violates what is then their only purpose. You'd then have LSF firing near the station as well as whomever is against them. What benefit of this treaty compensates that?

**Transmission Ends**
Incoming Transmission

Delegates, please hold your other issues until the business at hand is settled. After we've elected the new chairperson, then we should move on to other matters. The first of which is the negotiations with the Privateers, the signing of the treaties with Bretonia and Liberty, issues with current delegate's that must be resolved, then finally Delegate Mosinger's last suggestion. This list is in order of importance and the order these issues came up. Once those are dealt with, we may then deal with Trogdor's issues about the treaties. Keep in mind, however, that a call for a revote must be seconded and thirded by other delegates. There is no point in wasting time on it only to get the same result as the first vote.
-Aurelia Silvan
Incoming Transmission...Comm ID: Taylor Davis
Decrypting Message...Done.

Delegates,

I will have a response to Captains Trogdor and Robinson, however I will respect the acting Chair's wishes and hold that response until the appropriate time.

I yield the floor.

Incoming Transmission

Three hours left to nominate delegates. Each candidate requires two nominations minimum.

The current numbers are;
Trogdor - 2 Nominations (Candidate status)
Aurelia Silvan - 3 Nominations (Candidate status)
Galen Watson - 2 Nominations (Candidate status)
Secretary Reynolds - 1 Nomination
William Dumentris - 1 Nomination
-Aurelia Silvan