Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: John Bess

Ahoy,

I will move the Emerald Star to Grand Canaria as an additional security tool.
At this opportunity my crew will be happy to breeze some fresh air and get some cool drinks at the local bars.

Bess out.
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: Freeport 9, Omicron Theta
Destination: CoZ
Encryption Level: 2

Though security is covered, we could (schedules allowing) fly in and out of 49 carrying various (clean)cargoes to help feed the impression of Canaria being a major trade centre. We would do nothing to disrupt the meeting, of course.

Also, we are pleased to announce the launch of the destroyer we sponsored, the Ketchikan. Despite delays and minor mishaps, the vessel is finally underway and like all of our ships is a masterpiece of Zoner engineering. The Captain, whom I know personally, asked me to relay the following message on his behalf:
Quote:Greetings, esteemed members of the Council of Zoners. We have begun our maiden voyage and everything is going well, thanks to Livadia's fine engineering. We would like you to know, that although we will primarily operate in Omicron Delta with occasional leave rotations to Omicron Theta, we can re-deploy anywhere in southern Sirius (Omegas, Walker Nebula, southern Barrier Nebula) within two weeks, if requested.
We are also pleased to announce that in addition to our defensive tasks, we are also participating in research, testing the first edition CFSLS (Compact Fighter Storage and Launch System), a recent project from one of Corinth's dev teams. It is still in its infancy, but the system may one day allow all of our capital vessels to carry a fighter or two on board. At any rate, once adjustments are made, we should always have a scout fighter or interceptor on hand should the situation call for it.
Thank You,
Captain George Ford
Zoner Destroyer Ketchikan

Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Fellow Delegates,

For those of you who may have been out of "Comms" range, I would like to provide an update on today's rather unexpected events.

Sir William Burke of Bowex made himself available by Secure Comms for a discussion of the "Planet Sydney"/Port Jackson issue, which disussion was held in "Closed Chambers' for over three long, exhausting hours.

As a result of those Negotiations, Bowex wll be preparing a Draft proposal of a "Lease Agreement" between the Council of Zoners and Borderworld Exports. As I was not present for the entire discussion, Ambassador Holliday and Delegate Aurelia Silvan have been tasked with monitoring the development of that Draft, and staying in close touch with Sir William during the process.

Transcripts of the Closed Session can be made available to those Delegates who request them.

I commend all the Delegates who were present in Chambers for asking the "right questions", and for discussing Zoner issues in a clear and polite manner with our Bowex "guest".

I believe that the basic agreements reached today will be mutually satisfactory to both the Zoner Community, and to Borderworld Exports in their attempts to relocate and care for the unfortunate victims of the ongoing conflict between Bretonia and Kusari.

Of course, the Final Draft of said "Agreement" will be placed before this Council for further discussion, and a formal Vote of Approval.

I ask the Council's patience while awaiting the presentation of this Final Draft. In the meantime, I will contact Elder Sephardi on Mindelo and ask if he would like to address this Council immediately, or wait until the Bowex matter is finally resolved.

Thank you
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
TO: Council of Zoners

Chairman, fellow delegates,

I wish to bring to the council evidence of a Junker, callsign "Legacy.Unid" actively pirating transports outside of Gran Canaria today. Prior to my launch into space I had recieved several reports of this Junker from passing traders highlighting the fact that he was attacking without warning. As I left the docking ring there he was right in front of my ship with a large debris field of nanobots and deuterium.

When I questioned him as to how it got there, he blatently admitted to pirating the ship that had been carrying the cargo and destroying it when it didn't pay.

[Image: unid-1.jpg]
When a passing freelancer questioned him further only minutes later he tried to deny what he had done.

This Junker is endangering the free-trade around Gran Canaria and although I have no evidance regarding the origin of the ships he has destroyed, I have reason to believe some were Zoner vessels.

I ask the council to decide upon his fate, I move for him putting on the hostile list.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
Comm ID: The RFS Freedom

First, we're glad to hear that the talks with Bowex are moving along, although we do request to see the transcripts of the meeting as soon as convenient.

Second, we agree that Legacy.Unid and anyone else who considers Gran Canaria or Omega 49 to be their personal punching-bag arena must not be tolerated.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**

I say Aye to make that sack a' rot Junker hostile to we and our kind. There ain't no bloody scrap to be found, so he should scurry off before we make'im.

Anywho, I await with bated breath to see what came of this BowEx deal Mr. Mal was ambushed with. Methinks their intent was to catch us off guard and to swindle us the best they could. *sigh* I ranted on quite a bit about that idiot lawyer that those blaggarts sent our way regarding Planet "Sydney", but I decided to cut that part outta the message.

There'll be blood with those loose-tongued corporate thieves if they don't tone down their arrogance a notch. Its bloody well Gran Canaria! Do I question the name of yer young'ins in the delivery room? No? Then bugger off!

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus

**Uplink terminated**
**Incoming transmission**

I vote Hostile and KoS for the Legacy.Unid! Damn disgrace!

**Transmission Ends**
*Signal Lost*
COMM ID: Delegate Shade Yuka -- Freeport 14

I have to agree, these "Legacy" are badly enough disrupting our trade to Gran Sydney or whatever we want to call it now. I believe we need to react to this. As well as one of the Legacy's is using our own Zoner weapons on an Outcast Gunboat, and attacking our own transports.
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Very well, Delegates,

Legacy.Unid will be added to the "Hostiles" list forthwith.

On another note, I was trying to make for Baffin, when Bretonia's FO, Sir Canning showed up at Canaria unannounced. For some reason, he thought we were "voting" on the Bowex matter...

I informed Canning that we had nothing to "vote" on yet, and that Sir Burke was in process of drafting the Bowex version of the "Lease Agreement" for our perusal and approval/disproval..

He seemed a bit confused.. another case of one Lordly hand not knowing what the other is doing, I'm afraid.

At any rate, I have also spoken with Elder Sephardi. He is content to delay addressing the Council until this Lease Agreement is settled.

I suppose we are now simply awaiting Sir William's Draft.

If there are no other pressing issues, I suggest we recess until we rreceive the Bowex response.
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Just came across this on the comms network.

From Planetform to the Council of Zoners

Edit: Never mind already handled by our Chairman.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**