Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Chairman Mal, Port Canaria

Hmm...

Well...

...even though no one has formally used the terms "Second!" or "All in favor?", I suppose Eris would be amused at the rakish, jaunty way we're approaching this issue..

Who am I to object to a bit of Podge in the proceedings. Let's get on with it then.

The Chair will use its discretion on "interpreting" the Delegates' "druthers" so far, unless told otherwise.

On the Motion:

"Should a "Zoner Response Team" be formed, identifying tag optional, and Delegate Silvan's "Tactical Log" be officially implemented to identify and manage the Team's assets and deployment?"

Yup / Nope / Meh ?

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yup
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~ Yup
Samuel Nichols, OSI
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yup
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nope
Top, (Cannon)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t)
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg)
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Yup
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Yup
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot)
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Meh
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yup
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds)
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal) Yup
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian)
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn) Yup
Marks, Julian, (]c[), (notequinoxe)
Melliar, (Ortog) Yup
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai17)

You have until midnight Sunday, Sirius Time, to vote, Delegates.

Whip that mule!
to: corinth research station

"i am against such a response team. - it might solve short term problems but i am certain that it will cause long term problems. - i still have the fiasco with the asgard warriors in mind, who started out as a guard of zoner interests - and ended up taking sides and fighting one of the greatest wars in the omicron regions - still convinced to do it in the name of the zoners.

a "response" should be considered situational. - sometimes, a military response is necessary - but having a military response ... "at the ready" makes such a decision all too easy to take.

so its a "no" from me.

sincerely Elizabeth Tate"
Comm ID: Doc Holliday

Delegate Tate,

My feeling on it is that with some of the bullying going on in 49, Delta and Omega 3, it's a defensive measure as much as it is a show of force. Rest assured, I don't go after people unless they really have asked for it. I think we've seen a few good examples of that lately.

Doc
[Comm ID: Coriko Lameos]
I think it's about time we used our initiative to protect ourselves. All too often we have had to pay external parties to deal with miscreants who infringe upon our best interests. Therefore i am in full support of distributing and co-ordinating Zoner forces effectively.

In these dangerous times, we need to establish ourselves as a house not to be messed with. A resounding yes from me.
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

**Holographic projection starting**

Samuel can be seen sitting behind a large wooden desk. A window behind him shows a section of Freeport 9

"Well I support this motion so a Yes vote from me. While I understand Ms. Tate's reluctance, I think it's high time we took care of our own trash. Since this is just a volunteer force and not a dedicated militia I think that we will not see the issue that were seen with the Asgard warriors. Having a loaded weapon at the ready can lead to problems, but it can also act as a major deterrent to those who wish to cause us harm. Sometimes a show of force is enough."

Sam sits back in his chair and motions to a stack of paperwork on his desk

"Now if we could just eliminate those dang nomads in Kappa and Delta I could fill these shipping orders. Good day ladies and Gentlemen"

**Holographic projection Ends"
**End of Transmission**
to: the council

"Mr Holliday, - i am 100% certain that our intentions are of the best and that no one would dream of abusing the power that comes from a "response force". - but time changes - and has changed earlier attempts. - power corrupts.

i am sure that what is planned will help us in the present day - but will it help us in the future or will it be cause of problems in the future. - would such a force be abandoned once it wasn t needed anymore - or will "needs" be found no matter what to keep it alive.

anyway - just cause i voted "no" doesn t mean that i don t see a reason in the request. - no one can predict what the future brings. - i just remember how the zoners started out - as a peaceful community with a shared idea not to carry war into the edgeworlds - but to execute power with other, by no means less powerful, measures.

we coerced, bribed, forced others to do what we want - without realizing that it is not them who make the decisions. - and we didn t need weapons to achieve that. - who knows if the corsairs and the outcasts would still wage their pointless wars if we wouldn t encourage them all the time and make sure that both sides remain "just powerful" enough not to give in.

experience is that - when you bring a gun into a fight, expect others to bring a gun, too. but you are of course correct - being so far away from the current "hot spots" i cannot really consider the situation. - so if the council thinks that only the power of weaponry solves our problems - i will of course agree, - the first priority is the safety of our own people.

but we must make absolutely sure that such a force will NEVER take sides in a conflict. - as easy as we manipulate the decisions of others with economical power, others can steer our forces. - such a response force must always and only answer to the council and never act on its own. "
To: The Council

Greetings, Zoners!
We of the Freedom hereby submit our "YEA," "YES," "OUI," "SI," or "YAY" to the issue at hand. Sister Tate brings some important considerations to the the table, of course. This "Response Team" must be solely dedicated to protecting the Freeports from violators of the NFZ, and perhaps Zoners working or traveling in the vicinity. We've worked too hard to maintain our neutrality to bungle it all up now.
Thank you.

-Jonah Robinson
On the Motion:

"Should a "Zoner Response Team" be formed, identifying tag optional, and Delegate Silvan's "Tactical Log" be officially implemented to identify and manage the Team's assets and deployment?"

Yup / Nope / Meh ?

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yup
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~ Yup
Samuel Nichols, OSI Yup
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yup
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nope
Top, (Cannon)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t)
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg) Yup
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Yup
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Yup
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot)
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Meh
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yup
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds)
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal) Yup
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian)
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn) Yup
Marks, Julian, (]c[), (notequinoxe)
Melliar, (Ortog) Yup
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai17)

You have until midnight Sunday, Sirius Time, to vote, Delegates.
' Wrote:experience is that - when you bring a gun into a fight, expect others to bring a gun, too. but you are of course correct - being so far away from the current "hot spots"...

Comm ID: Chairman Mal

*Splutter*

Excuse me, esteemed Delegate Tate..

But do you not "reside" in Omicron Delta? And, are you not historically the "Grand Dame" and Protector of Freeport 11.. the very same Freeport 11 which has been terrorized, and is still being terrorized by the Battleship "Big Bully"?

Why, just today I have received sketchy reports of this Rogue "skinwearer" attacking a bloody Camara, and threatening one of my Members! The Captain of this renegade Hunter ship even boasted that he had helped two "buddies" acquire Battleships as well, and that "you'll have three bullies to deal with now.."!!

I expect documentation of this incident to be transmitted to me shortly, and will be more than happy to provide it to this Council.

Madame Delegate, we can "jawbone" and wring our hands about neutrality and diplomacy all we want..

...or we can grow a bloody spine!!

**Incoming transmission**
Comm ID: ZonerStoner

May the peace be upon us,

Since there have been reports of increasing violence and few Zoner laws violations there is no other option than to assemble such an response team. For that purpose I will propose my brother, Fateh Al Noori, who has great combat and life experience. He recently recovered from an long lasting addiction and finally found his internal piece. His life needs an purpose now. His ship is fully equipped, Zoner Guard marked fighter and is docked at FP IX at the moment.

Also, if any donations are required to support such an team I am at the Council's disposal

Eris bless you all,

Al Noori

**End transmission**
*Signal lost*