Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Jonah Robinson
To: The Zoner Council

This is blasphemy! This is madness! To even consider allowing non-Zoner pilots to power up weapons and begin a pitched battle near our Freeports for any reason is the very height of irresponsibility! Can you imagine what would have happened if one of our biodomes gets hit with a Heavy Mortar from some trigger-happy Bounty Hunter? The carnage would be unthinkable. The use of any force around our Freeports except in self-defense or by a Zoner in defense of our way of life in absolutely intolerable.
With regards to carrying pilots, of course we don't want our fellow Zoners to go unnoticed if captured. It is perfectly within our right to demand Zoners back from the cargo holds of our guests. But to interfere with others by denying them docking priveleges simply because they are holding prisoners would be a very unwise decision. Indeed, many of our guests are those who make a living off of capturing enemy pilots. Let us not go down the slippery slope of allowing certain types of cargo and not others. Remember, we don't stay alive through our firepower nor through draconian security measures; we stay alive through our avoidance of getting involved with the affairs of others.
What next? Banning slavers from docking on our Freeports? Banning people from bringing Nomad specimens?
We need to draw a clear line here- you open fire near our biodomes, you get destroyed. No if, ands, or buts about it.

-Jonah Robinson, PA Officer of the RFS Freedom

*Transmission Terminated*
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

to: Commander Raja

Commander next time please report it in our NFZ violation report section,
not in this section of the Council as it is Zoners only, except when clearly invited to speak here. about those Bounty hunter ships,
yes they have the full right to retrieve there pilots, No they had no right to
open fire inside the NFZ.

to: Capt. Trogdor,

Captain I like you a lot as person, we have talked a lot on fp1,
but yuor intervention on cargo, we dont care who our guests are
nor we dont mind what they carry, if its captured Zoner Pilots then yes
you can ask them to drop them of at the freeport, denying docking rights
that a very bad Idea and can only be done with the agreement of the Zoner Council, please behave yourself and read our "laws" again, specificly the FP1 "laws".

thank you for your attention,

J.Archer.

Comm ID: Captain Trogdor
To: The Zoner Council

First of all, what I said was merely a suggestion. And, you contradict yourself when you say they have the right to get their pilots back, but not the right to fire upon the captors if they refuse to drop them.

Once the ship is allowed to dock with the station, then what? There's no gurantee that they won't 'drop them off' into the hands of a slaver who happens to be docked there. Or, simply lock up their ship and wait for the parties outside to leave.

Worse, in your example, the three battleships could moor with the station and send out assault teams to attack the ship holding their pilots. Yeah, that'd be just great.

There's no way we have enough security personnel on station at any Freeport to deal with three battleship's worth of angry bounty hunters! If there's going to be a confrontation, I'd much prefer it takes place outside the station, where the station's armor can protect it, rather than inside the station where critical systems could be damaged by small arms fire.

Additionally, notice I said appropriate force. Three battleships taking on one gunboat is not appropriate force, nor is using heavy mortars to engage such targets.

Finally, this isn't about 'caring' what cargo our guests are transporting. It's about maintaining neutrality! If we forbid or interfere with the ships' ability to get their pilots back, we are quite possibly sealing their doom, and to the exampled bounty hunters it's going to look very much like we are taking sides.

Human cargo is unique in its political volatility. We can't ignore that.
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

Rashida sits in her slightly oversized command chair,

"First off, I'd like ta address da issue o' random people stickin' dere noses in 'ere. I was under da impresshun dat dese frequencies was fer council members only, an' dat anyone wishin' ta post a grievance was ta open a seperate case directed at us.

"Dat 'avin' been said, I fink dat da laws is quite clear on dis point, an' I quotes:

'If any ship 'olds prisoners, the crew is *advised* ta release dose in the process of stayin' on da stashun. however, we unnerstand the speshul affairs o' da Order, so da Order is not asked ta release dere prisoners, 'coz we are certain dat dey is treated in a 'umane way. all uvver ships should release da 'ostages, as it could cause uproar with all da different facshuns we 'ave on da stashun.'

"Ergo, anyone tryin' ta remove 'ostages from anyone fru use o' force be in violashun.

"As fer permittin' our people ta use weaponry wivin da no fire zone, much as I dislike violence, sometimes, 'tis da only answer. 'Owever, 'tis always better ta collect evidence an' submit it to us 'ere, so dat da necessary overtures can be made.

"Now, where's da last list gone? Was over 'ere somewhere, I's sure of it..."

--Transmission Ends--
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Goddess Geode

Fellow Delegates:

(Yes, it appears i must assume the TAZ chair for now.. our Delegate Kyte has been.. absent for some time...)

Trogdor.. too many hoops to jump through, sir. I don't fancy having my Flock policing the cargo of visitors to Zoner facilities.

I support Captain Archer's decision on this matter.
Comm ID: J.Archer,
Chairman of the Zoner Council.

Malaclypse,

its good to see you again here as delegate of the TAZ,
my warm welcome and on behalf of the Council I say again Welcome.

and thank you,

Trogdor for you a small reminder, We are not the police nor the criminals
we like to keep good relations with all our neighbours, ofcourse with some exceptions but thats not at the order now.

thank you for your attention,

J.Archer
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Zoner council

You all may want to take this issue up before Zoner personnel on FP2 suffer because of the Liberty embargo. As with Bretonia, it would seem Liberty is indirectly forcing people into their conflict.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35350

Sorry if I caused any trouble by posting on the issue but these house governments get under my skin in a big way.

Doc

P.S. Sorry, Mal, for going over you on this one. It seemed like it needed urgent attention.
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Zoner Council

Message reads:

I have to agree with Doc on this one. Stopping supplies from getting to our Freeport is inexcusable. Is not Berring an indipendant system? Those liberty and Rhienland folks need to pull back to their own systems. The next question is what can we do about it? Can we provide a list of good that Freeport 2 imports and exports and see if we can get the liberty government to allow at least us Zoners with those goods through? The only other solution is (exluding fighting ) is to allow Liberty to take over Berring and station their ships at the Hamburg gate. This way we can get good in from Liberty.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**

~Edited~
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Liberty Navy
Subject: Freeport 2
Opening link...

You know what Liberty, Rheinland, Bretonia, and Kusari remind me of?

A bunch of goddamn children, getting into fights over their favorite toy, ignoring the fact that there's thousands of completely identical ones sitting in a pile right next to them.

My patience with "the Zoner way" is wearing very thin, and I'm damn near ready to throw it out the airlock.

If this keeps up-
Link terminated. Closing...
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

Rashida reclines on a deep purple couch. Through the window behind her can be seen a dense asteroid field. She picks up a bunch of grapes from the fruit bowl by her elbow and gestures with them,

"Wars...conflict...dese be our income, see? Da more people fights each uvver, da less dey is inclined ta fight us, an' da more we can profit from dis state o' affairs.

"As fer dere 'blockade'...well, stuff is still gonna get fru ta da 'Port ain't it? Rheinland ain't closed dere borders, an' I's sure da Xenos an' da Unioners 'd be quite 'appy ta assist us in gettin' supplies fru...after all, dose same supplies is brought by dem offa our 'port, no?

"Libertee 'as long disliked us, an' we dem...'tis onlee natural what dey's gonna exploit every possible chance ta go again' us.

"I say let 'em blockade da border. I know 'ool 'ave da last laugh when Libertee's industry grinds ta an 'alt from lack o' diamonds, when dey finds 'Ouston overrun by Rheinland 'coz dey ain't got no tanks. Supplies will still flow in from da Rheinland side, an' wiv da 'elp of our...less legitimate...friends."

She starts pulling grapes off the bunch one by one and flicking them into her mouth, before reaching forward to cut the feed.