Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Comerciante
To: Council of Zoners

About creating a no-tax in O-40 and Omicron Theta, i completely agree with this.

Colonize Planet Sprague, this is not important in this moment.

Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair?

YEA

Cordova out.
From: Louisa Salome, Public Relations Zoners Trading Consortium
To: Council of Zoners

Great Council,

if delegates should be removed from the council when missing three (subsequent) votes unless they post a valid notification to the chair is not an easy question, but I say 'Yes, they should be removed then'.

Sincerely,
Louisa
"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, unless valid notification for not voting is given to the Chair?"

YEA
' Wrote:Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Delegates,

There seems to be some consternation over the wording of the Motion, and the possibility that those potentially "dedicated" Members of the Council might be "axed' while on a sabbatical or taking care of other business. I have received numerous private messages regarding this possibility.

Therefore I am making an "executive" decision to amend the Motion to include the "15 day" clause, for expediency's sake.

The motion now reads:

"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair?"

Those who have already voted on the motion may change their vote if desired.

Thank you.

COMM ID: William Ironfoot

Council and Chairman,

Thankyou for your further amendment to the proposal, I believe this is now an acceptable compromise so I will change my vote to "Yes", I assume that anyone struck off the register may be re-admitted at any time providing there is a reasonable reason for their adsence?
I dunno, Williiam.

I do feel that the intent of this Motion is not to be "elitist" or "cliquish"; but to instill a sense of duty and responsibility in the Members, as stated by Aurelia and others.

Right now, all we ask is a valid driver's license and registration to be admitted.

However, in the case of a "re-admission", perhaps a "straw poll" ((Coz Skype?)) would be in order to determine what's "reasonable".

Just my pair o' digms. Your vote has been changed.
--Incoming Transmission--
Comm ID: Chris Mercury

"Should Delegates be removed from the Council if they miss three consecutive votes, AND are absent from Council matters for more than 15 days, unless valid notification for their absence is given to the Chair?"

Yay

Even though I am new to the Council, I have reviewed past activity and have seen the lack of participation from many members. We face a lot of issues at the moment and we don't need the dead weight.

--End Transmission--
On the Amended Motion:

Doc Holliday, [TAZ] Yea
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~ Nay
Samuel Nichols, OSI Yea
Dr. Werner Mazursky, (]c[)
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yea
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.) Nay
Capt. Black, (Tanker)
Bradford, Michael, (death magnetic)
Lloyd Black, (Thexare)
Top, (Cannon)
Robert Dunn, (Tic)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
~stinger~, (Hood)
James Star, (TheStar)
Alan West, (ivr56)
Mannock, (Mannock)
Rashida, (Derkylos) Yea
William M. Callaghan, (Graf Petersen)
Dr Bearnard Adelaide, (NerdRage)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t) Abstains
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg) Yea
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller) Yea
Elonin, Elias, (Meggido)
Sheppard, Oren, (Logo)
Thorfinnssen, Georg, (Clarkie)
(?), (Souldealer)
Kikatsu, Kara, (kikatsu)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Yea
Nomura, Satoru, (Robert Fitzgerald)
Fat Joe, (Courage)
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai 17)
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor) Nay
Hazaken, Meiun, (Meiun)
John Bess, (Dragonlancer)
BruCE, (BruCE)
Baker, Kyle, (Carbon Unit 02)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot) Yea
Stagg, Alex, (SebiNox)
Linson Collan, (Leadcrows)
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Ventana, Ray, (Ventana)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot) Yea
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Yea
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yea
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds) Yea
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal) Yea
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian) Yea
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn) Yea
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Ahem...

Well, the voting on this Motion had gone from deluge to trickle to dry streambed...

I am setting the deadline for Midnight SMT tonight, Delegates.

Eight hours.

Tick tock.
[Comm ID: Coriko Lameos]

I must say I agree with Miss Tate's opinion, by refraining from voting members are not harming any others, they are declaring their lack of interest in the current matter. However, there must be some method to remove inactive council members, or encourage voting. With the current proposal, of 3 votes and 15 days, I say Nay, I believe more prolonged terms are necessary.
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

Rashida, hastily dressed, and rather wet, stands on a terrace overlooking a beach leading down to a clear, blue sea. The scene is bathed in brilliant sunlight and, on the beach, several figures can be made out, either sunbathing or moving around slowly.

"Darn, got us 't a bad time. Uhh...missin' voters...well. Our current 'role-call' 's kinda big, but we dun' see much input from a fair few o' t' members. While it may seem as we're askin' people t' vote on fings as 'ave no relevance t' 'em, addin' a 15 day time limit means ya could ignore t' ones ya dun' care fer, anyways. Ya starts t' get t' feelin' people jus' wanna be members fer some sorta prestige fing. Well, I sais 'Privileges 'n' duties', an' casts me vote as 'yea'.

"Also, da 'ell is wiv all da freats agin' us? Jus' recently, I's recievein' reports from me contacts as Interspace 'r placin' a bounty on Zonas in Lib'ty? I 'opes t' govvnment does summat 'bout dat, what wiv 'em providin' securitee on Erie an' such...

"Anyways, 'avta go...I gots me a beach partee ta get back ta. Hurr hurr"

--Transmission Ends--