Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Kyte

Let the trading resume, Mal?

I see no reason not to open up 49. We have to make up for lost time. The flax must flow...

To: council, brothers,sisters and delegates
from J.Archer

lets open 49 and let the deut flow, there are more then 1 exit in 49, let them have 52,

and about the taz they arent Cowards they handled with great wisdom in my opinion
Comm ID: Lucky LeRoux
TO: CoZ
Subject: O49 Re-Opening

I agree, we should re-open O49 without delay.

It seems like relations between the SCRA and the WDR have gone to Hell in a hand cart looking at reports over the stalled peace negotiations. But the rest of the Zoners are now distanced from the dispute in statements by both parties, so there's no reason why we can't have business as usual.

And I just have to comment on the rubbish spouted about the TAZ being cowardly.....If memory serves me right, didn't the TAZ recently call to arms and whip the Harvesters in one almighty rumble over Gran Canaria? Some people need to get with the news.

Let's get trading!

Lucky
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: CoZ
Subject: Freeport No-Fire

I don't know if any of you heard of this but I think we need to re-define our no-fire zone around all Freeports:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29026
We obviously can't patrol all Freeports all at once but we need to get the word out.

Quote:It seems like relations between the SCRA and the WDR have gone to Hell in a hand cart looking at reports over the stalled peace negotiations.
Lucky, that's an understatement. In fact, they are at a state of full war. I'm with Mal. There is more than one way in and out of 49. I say we keep our distance. I know I will. So, I'm for having trade resume.

Quote:and about the taz they arent Cowards they handled with great wisdom in my opinion
We do have some good leadership. Mal seems to keep people honest.......and in a way to where people appreciate it.
Comm ID J.Archer
to: Council,delegates,brothers and sisters

I agree with Doc Holiday we cant be at all freeports at the same time
yesterday I asked politely if the corsairs there would go pirate outside the 5k range of FP9
they did what I asked, unfortunately that trader stayed a long time within the 5 k range, but
thats a other thing.

I, Jonathan Archer, captain of the "Alcmaria.Vitrix"
as the council to let me guard FP1, we like the environment there,
the "Alcmaria travels a lot between Fp1 and Ames research, but now we like to
stay more at Freeport 1, we will work on the Freeport 1 laws with the current station commander
I will post the Freeport 1 laws soon here if the CoZ let me do this.
Comms ID: Mannock Benitez

To: Delegates and all Zoners.

Greetings Sisters and Brothers,

at this moment all Wanderer combat forces are docked sine die, the few bases that we were protecting now have no combat defenders. Like we dont want your help with that sad war (we choice to limit it only to us, leaving ours Sister and Brothers beyond the limits), now we must ask that move yours forces to cover the vacuum that we are creating with this voluntary docking.

I have greats hopes to finish the war in a few days (probably for our failure to be at the battlefield).

We agree with open not only Gran Canaria, all ours bases too.

Thanks to all for your help.
To the Council and fellow Zoners:

I have spoken to [TAZ] Fyre, regarding this issue, and Doc Holiday is right, we cannot be omnipresent. However, this limitation cannot be an excuse for breeches to go unanswered. Our bases, regardless of who administrates them, should be in unity regarding no fire zones... or at least agreed that 5K is standard for ALL Zoner bases. If we have an agreement to that effect, then we'll move closer toward unity and common good for not only ourselves but also those who come to trade in peace.

As far as enforcing these policies... Fyre suggests that a "soft voice" combined with a "Big Stick" is in order. Theodore Roosevelt used the policy successfully during his administration, I see no reason why this shouldn't be considered. Our bases aren't to be used as shields, for that renders all who live and work there hostage to the whims of others, who clearly would put others at risk.

I do not advocate violence, but I do advocate security and consideration. Failing that, I'm afraid my fiery sister would be inclined to take steps to insure said security.

We must be secure in our persons to conduct business without fear of collateral damage in battles we ourselves did not create.

My humble position submitted.

I remain,

Kyte
Comm ID: Discordia

Delegates, it appears we have a consensus on the status of Omega 49. a press release from this Council will be issued shortly declaring Lanzarote and Gran Canaria open for "business as usual".

Brother Archer, it appears that Freeport 1 would welcome your presence and your assistance.

Sister Kyte, the issue of standardization has indeed been neglected to some extent. Madam Tate and Brother Mal seem to have the only published criteria for their respective bailiwicks; and perhaps their efforts should encourage us to do the same regarding all Zoner installations.

I therefore invite a discussion and subsequent motion to make this Council's position on the matter known, thereby eliminating any further "grey" areas on our policies.

While Mal has endorsed the "Winnebago" theory of Zoner defense.. (moving our assets about randomly to obfuscate our strengths and priorities), I will also entertain the idea that at least some assets should be allowed to choose which installations they wish to monitor and defend on a regular basis. Do we require a list reflecting the voluntary assignment of those assets?

The "floor" is open to comments or motions.
to: the council

"it would be nice to know who is available to defend out installations, both - the static defenses and the more dynamical defenses. - in the case of the persephone.... it is only a static defense, by no means other than the upcoming refit of its powercores at Livadia, i dare to move that ship around too much. - i can hear creaking and other funny sounds from the depths of the ship - from regions no one has explored - so extended journey are not really what i m looking for.

so listing those that are available at all - and those that are able to respond to a threat is something we "should" not need - but something we "might" need in the future. of course we must ensure that such a list along with any theoreticly available crews and pilots must be encrypted. - such knowledge must not leak to anyone - that is about the only reason that i see against such an ambition.

to work on such plans - it would be best to meet personally in a secure place that is safe from eavesdropping.

in any case - the freeport 11 laws kind of work - most of the time. they have been accepted by those that are frequent guests on the station - sometimes a reminder is needed, but most people do their very best, which is quite a lot, considering with whom we have to deal in these remote parts of sirius. of course one or two bounties had to be placed as a reminder that we mean business when placing laws - but all in all, people respect us enough there ... or are too busy to do otherwise. - identical laws wouldn t work for every freeport though - those laws are customized for the situation of fp11 - it would be nice to get representatives of every freeport to speak up before the council to tell us about the situation in each system there - the relationship between the forces, the military presense - and the difficulty to pull strings here and there.

E.Tate out"
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Council of Zoners
Subject: (none)
Opening link...

My fighter is at Freeport 6, and I have a new destroyer on order, just waiting for the upgraded power cores to be installed.

I can move to Freeport 10 as needed, but I prefer staying in the Taus. It's one of the only places in Sirius not polluted by those Cretan cretins.

Link unexpectedly terminated. Closing...