Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Zoner Council

Now I believe a good lot of you are slightly misinformed about the current situation between the AW and TBH. I will clear up the details and then inform the council as to what AW will be doing about it.

First; The AW have canceled the ceasefire that was agreed upon by the TBH leadership after The Brotherhood broke the terms on that agreement four separate times. Piracy in Theta once, and attacking others in Theta three times, and it certainly was not self-defense. After every incident the TBH was informed of it. After four times it was evident that they were doing nothing to stop it from happening, or simply had no inclination to.

Because of this, the ceasefire was canceled. The no-hostility zone protection still applies to all Corsairs except for the TBH. And when AW finds them inside the system, we ask their business there. Brother Vendhyen was witness to this when the TBH tried to set up the Ableben by bringing in two cruisers to destroy it. A report of that incident is available in our message dump. As I was saying, if they have a legitimate reason to be in the system, or are simply traveling through, we let them go even though we are hostile. If they are simply sitting there for no reason, such as last time when they were in Theta just to try and prove that they can, we do tell them to leave, and we open fire if they ignore us.

So far the AW has played defensively only. The only times we have entered Gamma was on our way to Kappa. The only Brotherhood vessels we have destroyed were those that entered Theta and tried to destroy the Ableben, with the help of cruisers Lord Marshal and Toombs.

As for our plans, the AW has little at the moment. The Brotherhood and several other Corsairs are trying to get all the others to go hostile to us so they can declare a war.

Peace with The Brotherhood will only come if they give us sufficient reason to believe that a new ceasefire will accomplish anything. There is no point to create a new one just so that they can continue to break it. This would be advantage of only the Corsairs. So until we are assured that it will stop their predations, a new ceasefire will not be made.

Now there was a proposal made by Lucendez to reduce the no-hostilities zone to a certain distance from the stations in Theta. This will not work. If we were to do that, the fights breaking out in Theta would intensify, disrupting the peace in the system yet more when we have large battle fleets from both the Corsairs and Outcasts duking it out in the system. Also, piracy would be very easy, as they could simply stop the trader before he reaches the safe zone. And that is something we simply will not stand for.

Furthermore, if this policy were to come into effect, it may reduce the tensions between the AW and Corsairs for a small time, but eventually the fights would simply start everywhere, even near the stations. Now Madam Jinx may be content to police only a 10 kilometer area around Freeport 11, but the Zoners share that system with the Corsairs. Also, she does not have to deal with the Corsair and Outcast war like we do.

If we back down on this and allow a 10-kilometer zone, the Corsairs will feel emboldened and simply move to get the no-hostility policy removed completely. The distance policy is nothing but a quick fix and will, in the end, do nothing more than increase the problems we already have.

Also, if we do allow it, some Corsairs who are ignorant of the policy will think that, because its fine to fight away from the station, that its also fine to fight at the station.

Now, on to the Corsair's claims that we are aligned, in any way, to the Outcasts. It is completely false. Yes, we maintain a personal friendly relation between a few of our members and theirs. The AW, however, is not in any way friendly or aligned with the Outcasts. We have access to Outcast vessels because of our history with them, and that we helped each other during the last war with TBH, that was started by the Corsairs. We also agreed not to use any Corsair vessels as part of the ceasefire, so they have no room to complain about the vessels we use.

And the accusation that we allow the Outcasts to group up in Theta and attack Gamma.. Well the only thing I can say about that is that it is utterly ridiculous. For one, when the Outcasts pull a raid on Gamma they form up in Alpha or Eta. Then they pass through Theta. The Ableben has witnessed several of these, and the Outcasts do not stay in Theta, nor do they use Freeport 9 as a basing station. They move from the Omicron Eta jump hole to the Gamma Jump hole. And if they wish us to not allow the Outcasts to move through Theta to attack Gamma, than do they likewise expect us to forbade the Corsairs to fly through as well? If we were to stop the Outcasts from using Theta to get to Gamma, than we would have to stop any Corsairs that move through as well. They claim that they need to be able to destroy the Outcasts before they can arrive at Crete and attack the Corsair's homeworld. If this were true, would they not engage the Outcasts at the Theta jump hole inside of Gamma? From our sources in the Outcast fleets, we know that the Corsairs allow the Outcasts to get all the way to the planet before they attempt to stop them. If they were as concerned as they claim to be, than they would take all steps to engage the Outcasts at the entrance to their system. So to this argument, all I can say is that they are arguing for the sake of arguing. They wish to make us look bad and make it look as if we are aiding the Outcasts in some way by allowing them to move through the system.

Also, the Outcasts have not been making attacks on Corsairs in Theta. The sole aggressors in Theta on this issue are the Corsairs, not the Outcasts, and that is what has started this situation. And as if I needed to justify myself, as soon as I got reports from a Corsair that there was an Outcast Battleship near Freeport 9, we investigated immediately. The ESS battleship has hence been moved to Alpha, and was never stationed on Freeport 9. It was only there for supplies and equipment, and was gone that day.

If this does become a war, it will be the Corsairs that begin it. The AW will do as it always has. We will stay in Theta and defend the innocents and traders that pass through the system from those that wish to use the system for their own purposes of violence and piracy.

Aurelia Out.
to: council

"that sounds a lot more serious than i thought. - i expected a few battles with no serious damage. - but when we re allmost at the brink of war, we ll need the council to discuss that matter - urgently. personally, i don t know how we, as zoners should act if it came to an open war.

by no means can we loose control over theta and the station(s). they are two of the most valuable, not to mention the blueprints and plans for the juggernaut on corfo.

is there a way to solve the matter on a table, instead of a battlefield? - .. that means, are peace treaties welcome with the AW, if the corsairs make a step towards you? or are we beyond that allready. from what i read, it appears that the AW has taken up a waiting position, - but from what i know, its not too likely tha the corsairs will initiate a truce unless their losses on the battlefield dictate them so.

another question is - can the AW deal with the situation all alone? will you require backups, maybe the bounty hunters, that are stationed on freeport 9 anyway? maybe a raw display of military power can scare the brotherhood to return to a more peaceful attitude.

E.Tate out"
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient Battleship Persephone

You are correct in that AW is adopting a waiting attitude. Also that the Corsairs will not accept the idea of a peace treaty unless they sustain a large number of losses on a battlefield. Such is the nature of these people. It was that tactic that allowed us to get them to accept a peace treaty from the first war.

AW is open to a peace treaty, but from what we have seen, the Corsairs are more interested in settling this with a war rather than diplomacy. One of their number showed the sense to attempt a peaceful resolution, but he was met with threats from his own brothers.

While the AW has access to better equipment and ships than the Corsairs, we do expect we will need at least some help if all of the Corsairs band together to attack Theta. But we already expect that help to come from the Outcasts. They helped us the last time the Corsairs attacked. I would assume this is because without us, the Corsairs would be able to attack the Outcasts much more easily and freely without us to patrol Theta.

If the AW are forced into making attacks on Gamma to force the Corsairs to accept a treaty as we did before, we do not expect any other Zoners to be required to do the same. This is a situation involving the AW and will be resolved by the AW. We do not wish any other Zoners to be stuck in our predicament.

Aurelia Out.
Comm ID: Aurelia Silven
Recipient: Sven

The rumors of dessension and AWOL pilots is one started and continued by the Corsairs. The AW will be able to field a sufficient number of soldiers for defending ourselves from the Brotherhood. We cannot match the numbers that all of the Corsairs can field if they band together, but such was the situation of the first war, in which we proved that their numbers were not sufficient to repelleing skill and preparation. If the Brotherhood succeeds in getting other Corsair organizations to aid it with attacks against us in Theta, we may require aid, but as I stated before, at least one of the Outcast organizations has declared that they would aid us if such an event would occur. I realize the need for neutrality, and it is a policy that the AW has been operating with since the end of the last war. However, if the Corsairs show no intention of keeping neutrality with us, than we will accept any aid that can help us against those that seek to destroy us.

On the matter of your fleet, the AW will never give any of your vessels the situation of having to defend themselves against us. If this war turns out to end in a series of conflicts that boil into Gamma, as it did last time, than the AW's only targets will be those Corsair organizations that have declared war upon us, or those that fire upon us. I do advice that if you wish to avoid any hostilities that are to occur, that you give thought to moving to Gran Canaria, Freeport 10, or Freeport 11, as Theta will become a favorite for attacks by the Corsairs, if history is any indication.

Aurelia Out.
Comm ID: Malaclypse
Recipients: Zoner Council Secure Comms
cc: Aurelia Sylvan, Asgard Warriors
cc: Juan Lucendez, Council of Elders, TBH

Well.

Brother Lucendez, perhaps this discussion did not prove as fruitful as the Brotherhood and the Corsair Nation at large would have liked, but I believe some valuable light has been shed on the issue by both "sides"...

As usual amongst this Council, no official Motion on the matter has been presented by the Delegates; who seem to be loathe to vote and dictate policy unless it is a threat to the Zoner Community at large.

It would appear that Sister Aurelia and the AW would like to maintain a policy of neutrality if at all possible; and if not, will not be petitioning the Zoner Community or Council for assistance; It would also appear that the Brotherhood, at least, would also like to keep its "plate" clean in Theta to deal with other pressing issues. I fevently hope that negotiations and initiatives between the AW and the TBH will be ongoing.

However, I must now state that the rumors of assistance from the OPG to these voracious Harvesters is a matter of great concern to me. Certainly, the Harvesters may be offerring to assist OPG in their squabbles with some of their enemies; but I'm sure you realize that the Harvesters are threatening the very existence of ALL Zoners. And I ask you, what will these "creatures" use for "parts" and "lubricants" if they are successful in eradication the Zoner Community? Brother Lucendez, I hope you and the esteemed Elder Council can persuade the OPG that they might very well be next on the Harvester menu.

Please retain the access codes to the Council comms, so that you can keep us apprised of events, both in Omicron Theta, and with these so-called machine "friends" from the Kappa system.

Regards,
Malaclypse
Comm ID: Elder Juan Lucendez
To: Zoner Council Secure Comms

Displaying...

Malaclypse, as long as I was responded to in this comm system, I would come away from this conversation pleased.

On the harvester issue, I do not dictate to other members of the Elder Council what their policy would be, as long as that policy is in line with general Corsair policy. I can not agree more with you, Malaclypse, non-human scum will always be hated for their contempt for humanity. The Brotherhood will take a guarded approach to this harvester threat, but we simply can not move against them as of yet. Referencing that "full plate" you said a second ago.

Moving on, I will be putting the 10k idea before the Elder Council tonight, and will expect everyone to weigh in and give a vote by tomorrow morning. If the Zoner Council will not act then I can get our Council demand that civilian casualties will be at a minimum. If they AW will not except this term, there is little I can do other than announcing that we will be adhering to it. I must stress that we WILL be moving through Theta like it's our own backyard, because it is our own backyard.

All Corsair Vessels will still have positive Zoner IFF and Zoner Guard IFFs, whether the AW is hostile or not. In short, the Elder Council does not consider the AW Zoners, because Zoners do not turn hostile for such a simple break, and then only if fired upon. The AW is aggressive and territorial, some of the reasons I thought Zoners left the core systems in the first place. I do not want to harm Zoners, nor do any Corsair pilots in our ranks. However, if the AW still feels they can control Theta, if they even have the authority, then they can try.

And finally, to Ms. Silvan. If you feel like you want to come between us and the Outcasts, then you will soon find you have made a very poor decision. I do not try to dictate Zoner policy, but I must stress that this course is suicidal. If you have chosen sides, then so be it. But dragging the rest of the Zoners with you shouldn't be your main goal here.

Think this through.

//End Transmission.
To: All SCRA
CC: Zoner Council
Comm. ID: SCRA Captain Ares

---Transmission Initiated---

Right, this is important everyone, so listen up. It appears that some 'Zoners' seem to think that they are the guardians of House Liberty these days, using cruiser-class vessels to engage us in spite of being warned otherwise.

Now, I am giving a standing order regarding such ships. If you spot any so-called Zoner vessel larger than a gunboat in hostile space, treat it as hostile and engage on sight if you command the capability to do so. They shouldn't be there in capital ships to begin with, so assume they are there to cause harm to our Revolution.

Anything gunboat-sized or smaller may be there for civilian purposes but look upon them with suspicion.

Outside of hostile-controlled space, treat the Zoners as we normally would. Inside hostile, House-controlled, space they are potentially disguised hostiles under a false banner of neutrality and should be treated as such. Anything larger than a gunboat will be terminated.

-Ares out-

---Transmission Terminated---
Comm ID: Malaclypse

Right then. Captain Ares, as you seem to have our "number", I'll just plonk down my response right here.

I was going to ask you to define "hostile space"; but then you amended your edict to clarify that somewhat as meaning "House-controlled" space. Am I reading that correctly?

If so, and if there are Zoners who are indeed masquerading as some sort of "Guardians", then by all means, have at them... in HOUSE Space. I acknowledge that Zoners have no business behaving in that fashion, and if they are observed doing so, then I think your concerns about trigger happy pilots in Capships sporting Zoner colors are warranted.

I would like you to acknowledge one caveat, however. Zoners are currently being accosted by a new threat.. the "Harvesters". Now, these digital and somewhat dweeby fellows don't really care where they conduct their hostilities against Zoners. Houses.. Borderworlds.. Edge worlds.. you name it, we've been plinked at. I would simply ask that Coaltion Forces take that into account on the odd instance where large, but "bonafide" (ie: Registered) TAZ or Zoner vessels might be rendering assistance, or in pursuit of these Harvesters.

I can assure you, Captain Ares, that you will not find any of the TAZ, nor any bonafide Zoner "worth his salt", taking sides in this revolution of the SCRA's.

Fair enough?

Malaclypse,
for the TAZ,
and for Sombunall Zoners of Conscience.
Reply to: Zoner Council
Comm. ID: SCRA Captain Ares

---Transmission Initiated---

Very well, duly noted and understood. We have been previously informed of this threat by mercenaries acting under your banner and will not hesitate to fire upon these machines either, especially after hearing the reports on open communications in the systems which we are currently operating.

We do not condone the terrorism of civilians, Zoner or otherwise, in the SCRA. If our vessels witness such acts, we will respond accordingly.

-Ares out-

---Transmission Terminated---
I know what Ares is referring too.

When I launched in space in liberty yesterday, a certain some one was flying a zoner class Cruiser (zoner tag and iff) and engaging SCRA. I immediately advised him that he had no business attacking SCRA in Liberty and he did backed off immediately. Though it was too late then.

Too all zoner fighter wannabe's. Please brethren, we have too many threats in todays world to be looking for more hostitilities. You are interested in testing those shiny new guns? please...go harvest the harvestors and try to acquire their source code. I have been in talks with a few hackers (yes... there are two individuals that are willing to help) that think they can create a virus that can do "certain" things to harvester. But for that to happen, I need their primary software.

Not tough enough, your other targets could be phantoms/nomads or xenos....again "could be".
I would take a wait and see approach and if they dont show hostility, please...leave them alone.

PEACE,
Rakghoul