Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
ID:Adama II

Greetings fellow Zoners and Delegates.

In response to the current Motions,I Adama the second Vote.
No on a ban of capital sized ships restriction- This will just end up in Tears for Other factions that have come half way across the galaxy to find that a Neutral Freeport has been made Un-Usable to them.
I Also vote No on the Ban for the Corsair Vessels in the vacinity, This would cause an Uproar amoungst the Corsair people, We let the BHG Use our bases and We have also let the BHG Stage attacks from our beloved freeports, If this was ever too occur The Corsairs would most definately Not be please and right now i prefer being on Neutral terms with them.

Adama out.
Transmission Ends.
' Wrote:from: Elizabeth Tate
to: the council

"no on a ban of capital sized ships restriction - and no on a corsair ban. - both would just draw the political focus on us. - a military solution or a solution of an iron law enforcement only when all political means fail.

time may tell if such a ban is necessary at a time - but this time has not yet come i believe.

E.Tate"

Comm ID: Malaclypse

"Diplomatic" and political means have failed, time and time again. Our ports continue to be threatened.

Do you have some magical diplomatic wand which will change the status quo? If so, I certainly wish you'd wave it over the intransigence of the Corsairs and the BHG.

Until such time as I see one small glimmer of political finesse from the parties in question, rather than the usual bluster and threats, the TAZ will support a "no-caps" policy at Freeport 1.

The TAZ vote "Yea" on the current motion.
--Incoming Transmission--
--ID: Rashida--

Rashida sits in her over-sized command chair, resting her chin on one of her hands. Bright, orange light streams in from her right, making it hard to read her face. Looking up, she speaks,

"Laws...problems...see? Heh, dun' I allus said laws was trouble. Well, anyways, what ta do now dat we 'as put dese laws in place.

"T' be honest wi' ya, I's mighty surprised dat dese 'Sairs an' 'Unters is parkin' stuff, large stuff, in da near Omegas. Usually, ya finds dese kinda ships out in da deep Omicrons...I's kinda surprised Bretonia ain't stepped up activity wiv 'Sair caps on dere doorstep. Anyways, be dat as it may, I guess we should be thankful fer dat, an' use dis grace ta get our 'ouse in order.

"Now, first up, ya wanna ban all non-Zoner caps from da vicinity o' Freeport 1. 'Vicinity' be a tricky word, see...an' it ain't all dat easy ta get a cruiser fru dat asteroid field what surrounds da 'Port. Now, we already 'as a 'law' statin' dat ya cannae use Freeports as stagin' points fer assaults on enemies, unless dey bees enemies o' Zonas.

"Cap ships are da epitome o' force build up, an', as such, should not be loiterin' dere, anyways. Dey's also fairly autonomous fings, able ta park up in open space fer days wiv enough supplies ta keep 'em runnin'. So long as 'tis a temp'ry ban on caps dere, I sees no reason ta oppose da motion.

"Da only 'caps' ya see dere on a day ta day basis is Bretonian gunboats, anyways, an' I 'ardly fink dey is gonna be makin' great use o' da 'Port.

"As fer da 'Unter an' 'Sair ships, dey can use uvver bases ta conduct whatever misshun it is dey 'as in da area...an', after all, I wouldn' expect 'em ta wanna be usin' da 'Port anyways, seein' as dey is most likely on a seccrit misshun or somesuch, in light o' normal cap activitee dere, an' 'Ports ain't exactly da secretest o' places.

"As such, me vote be 'yea', unless da 'Sair Council or da 'Unters Guild can give us some informashun on dere mishun dere, an' reason why dey should be dockin'."

--Transmission Ends--
Incoming transmission...
ID: Elias Elonen

To the august body of the council I submit my vote of "no" concerning the ban on all capital ships at or near our Freeports.

Perhaps there is a reasonable justification to create a special "gunboat diplomacy" branch to ensure that Freeport NFZs are respected.

If these warmongering mouth-breathers have so much difficulty understanding the conditions of visiting our Freeports, they should be "instructed" in a language they understand.

End of transmission...
Comm ID: Lucky LeRoux
Source: Freeport 10
Destination: Council of Zoners

You already have my vote as articulated above before the official ballot was announced. It's yes.

Lucky
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Ms. Tate, Adama II, Elias Elonen, Zoner Delegates

Ms. Tate, does not the presence of several large Corsair and Bounty Hunter warships duking it out in front of Freeport 1 already draw political focus upon us? The Hunters are angry because we allow Corsairs to sit outside our stations until they find a nice juicy freighter to go pirate, and the Corsairs are angry with us for letting the Hunters sit outside our stations until they find a little pirate fly by that they can go make money from the death of. If we were to take action against one of these organizations, we must take action against the other. This is the reason for a full-capital ban around Freeport 1. This is not a ban of Capital ships at every Freeport, only Freeport 1 to stem the rising tensions in Omega-3.

Strict, iron-hard policing of our Freeports is a solution only once we have exhausted all possible peaceful negotiation. Of that you are completely right. However, the reality is that we have tried every possible peaceful solution to this problem. At this point, our continued negotiations with both the Bounty Hunters and Corsairs are a useless exercise. Neither group listens to any words we give, and political sanctions have had no effect at all. The Zoners are a joke in their eyes. It has been a long time since any of us have made any steps towards securing our way of life and providing protection for our bases.

A successful compromise is one that leaves both parties unsatisfied. And so it was last time anyone took action on these issues. Neither party liked it. Neither party were happy with the Zoners about it. But it was necessary, it was done, and it worked. We have reached diplomatic compromises with both Corsairs and Hunters before. But we've also seen those compromises used as political ammunition against us, and as bait to draw others into conflict.

It was not only the Bounty Hunters and Corsairs who were angered. The Zoners shunned those who staked their lives in defense of our ever-more-threatened Freeports, regardless of the fact that the Freeports had known more safety and peace during that time than ever before, or ever since.

We've thrown billions upon billions of credits into the construction of Carriers and Juggernauts, who's sole purpose is the protection of our people and Freeports, but what good are these ships if we are unwilling use them? We've become complacent and lazy. Half of Sirius views us as petty criminals, while in the eyes of the rest we are cowards. Is that how this Council wishes us to be known? If so, I'm not sure if I want anything more to do with this 'governing' body.

Words are the most powerful things in the galaxy, but sometimes they must be backed up with action. We've allowed these people to do whatever they want for far too long, and now is not the time to prove that we can talk, but that we will back up what we say.

-Aurelia Silvan

<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: RFS Freedom, Omicron Delta
To: The Council

Greetings Fellow Zoners!

As heated as this discussion has been, it warms our hearts here on the Freedom to hear such important issues being discussed and debated openly. This mindset is a huge part of the reasons that we decided to affiliate ourselves with the Zoners and with the Council. As encouraging as the dialogue is, however, there are important matters at hand.

First, the IMG mining deal. Captain Trogdor makes a good point when he says that the deal reached with the IMG really changed nothing at all. The IMG has never been restricted from mining in Omega-49, and they will continue to do so on a non-exclusive basis; those who said they were welcome to were only doing what Zoners do best- to be hospitable; to live and let live. However, Mal's apology for appearing to dictate policy is well-taken by the crew of the Freedom.

Second, we consider it of the utmost importance to uphold the liberty of our members and our guests. However, we must absolutely draw the line when our very lives are threatened by a blatant disregard for Freeport Laws. While independent capital vessels have long caused problems around our Freeports, it is hugely disappointing to see representatives of well-organized factions, such as the OPG, participate in such transgressions without so much as an apology. This needs to stop.

It is unfortunate that we even have to consider a decision such as this. We have committed no offense against either the Order, the Corsairs, the BHG, or any other group, yet some individuals from those groups try to disturb the balance by assaulting us.

It is with solemn hearts, then, that we of the RFS Freedom hereby vote YES to the measure at hand. This measure should stay in place until we have received an apology and an assurance from the leaders of the factionalized pilots involved that such incidents will not be repeated. We will await Mr. Archer's cue before casting our vote on the other issue.

-Jonah Robinson, Public Affairs Officer of the RFS Freedom
**Incoming Transmision**

To: The Zoner Council
From Samuel Nichols of Omicron Supply Industries.

Mesage reads:

OSI adds a yes vote to the temporary capital ship ban at Freeport 1. Can they not move the conflict out passed 10 k to keep our station and the univolved safe?

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
**Incoming Transmision**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

On behalf of the Burninator's crew, I vote yea on the issue at hand.

**Transmission ends*
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: Freeport 6, Tau-29
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption Level: 1

We vote in favour of the temporary ban of non-zoner capital ships at Freeport 1 while we try to resolve the recent Corsair issue.

-Mr. Ilyich