Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

We have moved the Burninator to Gran Canaria in hopes that our presence alone will be enough to deter further shenanigans.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

We, having already been waiting in Omega-49 for the infidel Privateers to continue their foolish ways, were prepared when we received a report today of a QCP presence in the system. Interestingly enough, the QCP pilot, Junior Carlston or something like that, was waiting about 20k above the orbital plane, fully-armed and certainly not there to guard any transport vessels, nor to mine, nor to move through the system.

He obviously was waiting up there to avoid detection. However, having several former pirates in our crew, we flew "up" and found him "above" the Dublin jump hole. No surprise there, really- it is no secret that the Mollies and Bretonians harbor QCP terrorists in their bases.

We scanned his ship and found it fully-equipped with freshly-repaired BRETONIAN guns and technology. Of course, without our saying a word he immediately fled the scene, a cowardly act as well as a demonstration of a clearly guilty conscience on the infidel's part. He even had the audacity to mock me.

Not wishing to see a man die so quickly for being stupid, we merely followed his ship back to the Dublin jump hole as he fled. It is clear that these infidels are not to be trusted under any circumstances, and that they have the covert backing of the Mollies and/or Bretonia.
Some peaceful intentions they have! Next time, we may not be so merciful. Allahu akhbar!

Here is a video recording of the incident.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Perhaps this man didn't get the word. Sir Andrew Stuart has ordered his men to stand down while we talk. He has been quite personable to this point. I know it's tough to show restraint but I beg of you to do so. Please let me try.

Captain Trogdor, thank you. Piracy has been on the increase in the area. Keep an eye out. That goes for everyone.

-Doc

Mr. Holliday,

I strongly urge you to wait before signing any agreement with Bretonia. We are uncovering Bretonian connections still existing with the QCP, and their agreement essentially makes the safety of Freeport 2 dependent on the continued lease of Port Jackson into perpetuity.

There is no reason to rush into this and the agreement does not have the approval of myself nor my crew.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew
To: Johah Robinson

The signing of this agreement has not been rushed. Mr. Nichols has spent a great deal of time negotiating this while others made edits in our Zoner laws to make them more palatable to houses and others. They did so, I might add, with very little change.

If you read into it, this is little more than allowing Liberty to apprehend criminals who flee to FP2 after committing acts of terrorism against it's own house. There was no way we were going to ignore their pleas, pleas to kick out Xenos, Rogues, Hackers and anyone else that used Zoner facilities. I COULD have given up locations for every one of their bases to prove they weren't coming from our facilities but at what cost? If I'm leadership for anyone of those groups and some Zoner gives up to the authorities where my base is, I'll be sure that group is hunted forever. And for future groups who's intentions are of criminal nature, do you really think they'll want to do business with us? I doubt it.

This same logic applies for Bretonia and FP1 only in this case, they are after Corsairs and to a lesser degree, Red Hessians. They have gunship NPC's that patrol near it anyway so I don't see the issue.

And IF QCP is tied to BAF and BAF signs off on this, it is a big chip for me to use. Pirates the QCP may be but they are also loyal to their house. I won't say it obligates them to agree but it does kind of push them a bit in that direction.

I'll sum it up like this. "The popular decision isn't always right. The right decision isn't always popular."

-Doc

Thank you for your response, Mr. Chairman. As stated earlier, we already agreed with the signing of the agreement with Liberty.

However, what troubles us about the Bretonian agreement is the fact that they have made the continued safety of Freeport 1 dependent upon our continued lease of Port Jackson. If Port Jackson ever needs to be closed, the Bretonian government can then claim the space around Freeport 1 and force us to pay 30 million credits each month to maintain its No-Fire Zone, thus endangering its residents.

We do, however, understand that you are in a difficult position and wish you Sumbunallah's guidance on this issue.

-Jonah Robinson and Crew

All concerns are duly noted. I'm curious though, those negotiations are supposed to be encrypted. Monitor if you like but do remember that when dealing with RP.

I'm trying a different approach with Sir Andrew Stuart. Will it work? I don't know but I can only try.

-Doc
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Transmission ID: ZO-0113-46
To: Council of Zoners
Subj: Re: PanGalactic Travel Company request

I would like to bring forth this request to the council, I did ask the CEO to please be patient as we finished up some of the issues that remained on our agenda.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47599

It is now coming up to two weeks without a response from the Council and he has waited patiently. I would hope that his request will get reviewed an an official statement issued by the council.

- Alan Mosinger
Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds
To: COZ, Chairman Holliday
RE: NFZ Treaty

I agree with delegate Robinson sentiments, I also don't want the Sovereignty of Freeport 1 to be tied at the hip with the Bowex agreement. In it's current form it sounds almost like extortion, inventing a new lease for space that the Station has occupied for decades to counter a recent lease for a new facility (port Jackson) that has recently been constructed.

I believe that the spirit of the counter Lease is simply that we give up the financial gain from Bowex, in exchange for Britonia Signing the NFZ treaty.

What I would propose instead is:

Quote:The government of Britonia Acknowledges the 5k of space within the NFZ of FP1 as Zoner space, the government of Britonia also releases all future claims to said space as long at the Freeport remains.

In exchange for this acknowledgment, The council of Zoners will release Bowex of fiscal obligations to the port Jackson Settlement Lease.

This would accomplish the same thing as a counter lease, nullifying the 30M per month payment we receive from Bowex. It would also not leave us with paying 30M a month to Britonia if the Port Jackson facility closes.
I believe it also makes us look better diplomatically.
It makes it look like Britonia is recognizing what's ours, not us looking like squatters on their land. It should also give us some leverage with our negotiations with the QCP since they wanted us to "allow the delivery of Britonian refugees to the Port Jackson colony at no additional cost to Bowex" as one of their original demands, and that's what we would be doing. However as part of the NFZ treaty, we would be getting something in return for it.

Signed,

Malcolm Reynolds
Secretary/Treasurer, COZ
**Incoming Transmission**
**Comm ID: Captain Trogdor**

Wait, what?

Why do we need any sort of agreement regarding Freeport 1 at all? Bretonia's reach ends at the jump gate to Omega 3. They know this and we know this. And it's not like they have any means of taking it from us, as their military is still involved in what I understand to be a losing battle with house Kusari. And if they went and ticked us off they'd have a new enemy coming at them from a flank they likely have little military presence in. This would be highly foolish.

And forgive my forgetfulness but what is the deal with Port Jackson currently?

**Transmission Ends**