Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Fellow Delegates,

The Voting on the "Use it or lose it" Motion is closed.

For the Motion: 14
Against: 3
Abstain: 1

The Motion passes.

Using both the "last three votes" and the "15 day" criteria, the following Delegates can wipe their brows and keep their seats:

Doc Holliday, [TAZ]
Coriko Lameos, ZAS~
Samuel Nichols, OSI
Aurelia Silvan, (Dab)
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.)
Top, (Cannon)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t)
Robinson, Captain, (Quorg)
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich)
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot)
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot)
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears)
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall)
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds)
Salome, Lou, (]c[), (Lousal)
Mercury, Chris, (Stygian)
Lightwing, Yev, (Bluespawn)

Those "ex-Delegates" who wish to re-apply for Council Membership may do so, with the understanding that their re-admission may be contingent on a straw poll of the other Delegates.

I will update the Registry right after the sumptuous virtual buffet the digital catering staff has provided for our simulated holographic enjoyment.

I will also add the Pending applicants who have been waiting patiently.. (well, one not-so-patiently, but that's a dead parrot.)

Then, the Floor is open for discussion and Motions, either on the remaining Agenda items, or on New Business if it is critical.

Thank you!

I would like to propose that we form our response team now.
Probably it should look something like this: Each faction would volunteer to guard a system. Let's take the TAZ as an example. Pretty obvious in their case that they would protect Baffin. Each faction could also assign guards for stations in neighboring systems. The TAZ would take on Freeport 6, and possibly Freeports 10 and 14.
Then, we would take volunteers for systems not covered by factions. For example, Freeport 2 is pretty far away from any other Zoner base, but BT4-A45 spends a lot of time in that system, so he graciously agrees to protect it.
Lastly, we would see which bases no one claims, and have rotating shifts there. For example, Bethlehem station is probably going to be one of these unwanted bases, since it's fairly well protected already by Liberty, but we should still have a presence there.
Systems that should be guarded by factions include Omega-49, Omicron Theta and Omicron-74.
One last thought, is that those who agree to take on this duty have an optional tag they could wear, to identify them to Zoners who need help. The one I came up with is GoF, which could stand for Guardian of Freedom/Fellowship/Freindship/Fun/French Fries/Whatever you want, depending on your mood;)This would go on the end of the name, looking like, for example, [TAZ]Freebird.Gamma|GoF, or Spirit.of.Freeport.7|GoF. But this would be an optional tag, not required for participation in the response team.
That's all I've got, yielding the floor for discussion.
IP: 2211.409.fp15.tx
Callsign: Lightwing of the Zoner Trading Consortium (]c[)
To: The Zoner Council Network

I largely agree with the idea. In essence, you could say that factions have already been busy delegating which patrols to make. We could take that a step further, as Peter states, and organize it at a higher level. Each faction can work mostly independant of each other, but we can organze our patroled territories. We can also gather volunteers via independant Zoner pilots and coordinate them with already patrolling factions or station them elsewhere.

I imagine that with faction volunteering, either an entire "clan" will participate or none at all. I can't speak for the Zoner Trading Consortium since it is up for my superiors to address this matter.

The tag is probably a good idea for the independent Zoners, although I would probably make it something like FG (Freeport Guard). Guardians sounds a little cheesy, not that it matters in the overall scheme of things. I imagine that it will serve as a good signal to the Zoners in need. I also assume that most Zoner factions will participate in this "Response Team," which is why most will not opt for the extra tag.

Sincerely,
Yev Lightwing of the ZTC
*Incoming Transmission*

Comm ID: Comerciante
To: Council of Zoners

I completely agree with Delegate Kristall?s idea.

I think the tag for the Response Team could be optional.

Best regards

Victor Cordova

*Transmission terminated*
Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: BT4-A45, Planet Hamburg, Hamburg.

Displaying...

I have no problems about guarding Freeport 2.

Apart from this, I believe the ZAS~ will want to either guard Freeport 11 or Freeport XV/Freeport 9, depending as both Freeports are in the midst of the ZoI.

Transmission End.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Council, Peter Kristall

While I agreed that a response team was necessary, there are some issues I have with the current system you propose. I'd like to suggest my own set up for this team.

First and foremost, I oppose any form of a 'tag' or IFF used by this team. If other Zoners need to know who to ask for help when in a certain area, they may use the layout of who protects to locate a 'security ship.' I also think slicing up the stations and having people or organizations guard certain ones is a bit too restrictive, especially for a loosely-regulated group such as ourselves.

What I propose is that we find out who exactly is willing to work on this team. Those who are willing should submit the areas they frequent most often. For example, I can usually be found around the Omegas and Omicron Theta and 74. However, I'm also available for protection of Bethlehem due to that location being particularly complicated in a political sense. On top of that I can move the Syros wherever it is needed most. If a lot of issues start to come up in a certain area, I can move there to keep them in check. All of these circumstances must be accounted for.

To do that, security team members will give their 'Areas of Operation' to the security team manager; That is, the person stuck with all the paperwork. If they change their location to deal with situations that are arising, they inform the manager so he may update their file. This way, groups or ships aren't confined to only one location. Furthermore, certain people will be able to operate on a 'patrol'-type schedule, rather than staying in one place. I can easily move my carrier from Gran Canaria to Freeport 1 quickly, thus both places should be in my Areas of Operations list.

Zoner Security & Response Team

I offer the above file to the council as an example, using myself to show how this would work. Rather than assign one protector to each station, system, or area, I'm simply marking down who is present at those locations to act as a 'security guard.' For myself, since I operate in the Omegas often, am available to relocate to Omega-3, Omega-41, Omicron Theta, Omicron-74, Omega-49, or Omega-50. I can reach all of these locations quickly, and will be in at one of these at all times, except when in transit to/from one to another.

The reason I'd prefer to file this by station is because the people who need to know who is guarding what usually need to know the area, not the person. More people will be searching for 'who protects/can protect Freeport 1' than people searching for 'Which base does the Syros guard?' Also, this allows us to list everyone guarding each area. I'd assume most members of this council who have access to military ships, and some who aren't on this council, will apply as members of the Security Response team. Because of that, we'll have more guards than bases. And simply put; Some places don't need guards available 24/7. When was the last time you heard of problems at Ames Research Station?

I see this as working more to everyone's benefit than clamping bases on people. We can list all guardians, not just one for each station. It allows the people to work more on an area basis, rather than being stuck to one system. It allows more flexibility in ship relocations. And it's easier to maintain the security filings.

I am still working out this plan, so feedback and ideas are welcome. I'll have more to say on this once I've been able to devote more time to thinking it out.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
==INCOMING TRANSMISSION==
Subj: re-application

Delegates of the the Council of Zoners,

My apologies for being unable to attend the most recent string of meetings and votes. I had been away on business and was marooned on Planet Denver for quite some time. I humbly request that I may once again be allowed membership into this great establishment. If not as a voting party, then at least as a Council member with speaking privileges (//I also ask if this is the appropriate place to post such requests).

Also at this time, I would like to request the SKYPE Communications Protocol which was unavailable at the time of my membership. I disarray that this may be one of the reasons why I had missed so many meetings and calls to vote. As I travel around Sirius, news tends to travel slowly for me, and much of it fragmented by the time my assistants send word. (Skype: Sempai17)

I have comments relating to the current issue, however I will refrain from speaking until I am either permitted by this council or asked to leave.

-Alan Mosinger
To: The Council, Aurelia Silvan

The RFS Freedom, a Juggernaut, is stationed outside of Freeport 11, so you can put our ship down as being available to secure that area when needed. We are familiar with the political geography of the area and will be more than glad to help.

-Jonah Robinson
Comm ID: ChairMal

Captain Mosinger, your re-admission to the Council is currently undergoing review. Be patient, please.

Excellent suggestions on our Security and Response needs, Delegates. I tend to lean towards Delegate Silvan's view. We don't need no steenkin' tags, but as usual, I'm not votin'.

As to Security Zones, the TAZ are currently reviewing "Temple Guard" assets, and should require no regular assistance in Baffin.

We will also be sending the status and disposition of our newly-created "Freebird" Squadron by private Comms, for inclusion in Delegate Silvan's Roster. While Freeport 14 doesn't seem to be a "hot spot" at the moment, I believe the TAZ can adequately patrol that station, as well as Freeports 6 and 15.

I would also like to report that during my inspection tour, moving from Freeport 11 to Freeport 5 today, I encountered two "Gallic" vessels.. one Council-tagged, and one Brigand. While they responded to hails, and were cordial enough, I haven't the foggiest why they would be in the Borderworlds, or what their intentions were. It bears noodling.
**Incoming Transmission**

Message reads:

Well while OSI has no cap ships of any size our folks will happily keep our eyes out. Although while at our main offices in Freeport 9, I stopped into the bar and encountered one of our gaurd pilots who has been staying on station. Captain Alaric Schulze of the Gunship Wachter. When I mentioned that the Council was looking for folks to deploy around our station he said he would be happy to assist in the area around Freeport 9 and 11. He currently runs a pattrol around Theta and O-74, but adding in Delta would not be an issue. He said to add his ship to the list.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**