Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

All right, I'll bite off of secure channels. Before I start I just want to say that I have much respect for Elder Sephardi and The Brotherhood. I do believe that he is someone who wants a different direction for the Corsairs but I just don't agree with how this should happen.

Yes, the Corsairs have lived quietly amongst us on Gran Canaria. I see them in Sophie's when I go in from time to time. Still, I don't think they have caused such a huge increase of traffic that it warrants another docking ring. In my opinion, another docking ring will ENCOURAGE more traffic from more than just Corsairs. Our traffic is fairly light. By comparison, planet Manhattan in New York has way more traffic than we ever will and they have but one docking ring. So, I couldn't support another one.

I agree with delegate Lightwing. If the want to assert themselves, they should establish more trade. I don't know what type of transports the Corsair nation has but if they need some, I wouldn't be opposed to selling a few Borderworlds DL transports. They're a fine ship and quite durable. I've flown one for quite some time now. I think this would also address some of the food shortages on Crete when you accompany the fact that we also run food there.

As far as the cost of food, I'm indifferent on the issue. Despite what some may think, we don't make much on it.

I do oppose making them protectors of Omega 49. To me it would be opening a Pandorra's box. The Outcasts, Red Hessians, Mollys and the many others we share borders with may take exception to this. What if, say, the Outcasts decided that since we're cozying up to Corsairs that it's an act of war. We may as well kiss Freeport 10 good bye. The Red Hessians could shut down our route through Omega 47 and create trouble in Omega 41 as well. I'm sorry but I just see more trouble coming from this.

Now, for a counter proposal. I like what delegate Reisiger Duke is thinking. If we establish a NFZ Treaty and invite others to sign on, it would look more attractive. If they do, then The Brotherhood may have a chance to show how they are trying to be more peaceful. It may lead to further positive diplomacy but that is another issue.

-If we feel the need in the future due to crowding, we can always build a base off of Canaria to dock some ships as well.
-Someone mentioned parking a Battleship off of Canaria. I'm not sure that is needed either but I wouldn't oppose it if was as a measure to establish our own security.
-If we are going to work more closely with The Brothehood, I think we should do the same with others we share borders with.

-Doc
**Incoming Transmission**

To: The Council of Zoners

Message reads:

Sorry I have been so silent on this matter. I have been mulling this one over for a bit now. At first this sounds like an excellent proposal. A pipe dream, but very favorable. Then when you start to look at it from all angles, it starts to smell like last weeks garbage. I can see no way that anything the Elder proposed would benefit us in any way. Most of it would cause a lot more issues then it solved. There are too many potential ways this could back fire against us. Although lowering the price of food could be done, just not by much, we hardly make a profit on that as is.

I also must say that I like the NFZ treaty idea proposed by Mr. Duke.

Samuel Nichols
CEO - OSI

**End of Transmission**
<:BEGIN TRANSMISSION:>

Comm ID: EXJ serial number 03069
Transmission source: Freeport XV;Omicron 74

(Data pattern ignored::Reason-PRIVATE::Firewalls blocking foreign intrusion::ONLINE)

This unit greets its brothers and sisters of the council.

Once again this unit states the obvious: That the Zoners do not need help. We are a self-sufficient and technologically advanced faction that survives by maintaining neutrality. If the Corsairs are allies of the Zoners then they would understand why we must turn them down: It would compromise neutrality.

It appears that other members believe the Corsairs are not living up to their promises. They demand commerce yet they put no effort forward to prove they desire it. The Zoners will be doing all the labor involved to provide for a faction that is not very dedicated to its own problems.

This will turn out to be unnecessary labor for the Zoners.

<:END TRANSMISSION:>
COMM ID: William Ironfoot
TO: Council of Zoners

In regards to the discussions that have been relating to the "protection" issue of the offer from the Brotherhood, I too agree that the Zoners can defend ourselves, the ZRT has proved this recently.

I like the idea suggested of making Omega-49 a NFZ for everyone, we will police it and stop all other capitol ships entering without the Councils permission. All organisations that sign the agreement will be offered protection and allowed access to the the system.

As for the docking ring, I am baffled like many people with the whole suggestion of a second ring. During the face to face negotiation with the Elder and the council some weeks ago I suggested a small orbital relief station. Cargo could be unloaded there by the big ships that the Corsairs claim are having trouble and a small fleet of shuttle class and small transports could then distribute the cargo to the areas of Gran Canaria that needed it.

[Image: Ironfoot-2.png]
Comm ID: Chairman Mal.

Very well, Delegates, I believe everyone has had an opportunity to express their opinions on this matter.

I will hereby dispense with the usual formalities of "moving and seconding", and call the vote:

Should the Council accept the Proposal of The Brotherhood for Omega 49 as proposed by Elder Miguel Sephardi?

Voting will continue through Midnight SMT on Sunday.

Secretary Reynolds, please record the votes as they are made.

Thank you, Delegates.

.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Zoner Council
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Delegate, (]c[)
Topic: Brotherhood Proposal

No
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Zoner Council
Comm ID: Reisiger Duke
Topic: Vote on the Brotherhood Proposal

[font=Arial][color=#66FFFF]Nay

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke
Comm ID: Mirko von der Lippe
Subject: Vote on the Brotherhood Proposal

Nope
*cough*

Nah son.

**Target Communications Relay: Found**
**Datalink connected...**

I can't quite see how this might benefit us. They want to segregate Gran Canaria, which generally leads to the formation of planetary nations and therefor war. They want cheaper food, they want policing rights. What does this do for us?

It seems the cards are all on the Corsairs' table, leaving our only option being to fold.

I must say nay, although on a separate note, I'd support putting the No-Fire policy onto paper.

Paddy O'Donaghue,
Captain of the OSI-Lazarus (III)

**Uplink terminated**