Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Ivan.Ilyich
Source: In transit, Omega space
Destination: Council of Zoners
Encryption Level: 2

The comm window opens, revealing a crew hard at work. A Daumann blaster and an empty box of rations are seen floating in the background. The captain leans into the viewscreen, fumbling with the voice input for several seconds before getting it to work.

Seeing as nominations are complete, we cast our vote for Mr. Nichols.

-Mr. Ilyich, Zoner Transport Delta-7
to: council of the zoners

"due to the lack of time to review the canditates, i ll abstain that time. - we have a very high standard here anyway so i trust that every canditate will do her/his best and those that haven t been elected will activly assist in any political matter aswell.

E. Tate"
Well, as for my position... as a (VERY!) new member of this council, I don't know too much about the situation in Omega-49. Have we tried putting pressure on our opposite numbers in the Corsairs to disown these guys?
I guess Mal thinks that my primary value as a nominee is my youth and inexperience... I won't be afraid to ask for the advice of my fellow councilors, or have preconcieved notions or prejudices.

To: CoZ

As acting delegate for the TAZ, I'm going to assume I can vote on chairman. If not, let me know.
*casts vote for Malcalypse*

To: CoZ

Regarding the vote, Mr. Kristall, I think you have a bright future here but maybe need a little more experience of dealing with us awkward boogers, and Mal would be a fine steering hand, a wise head and justly cantankerous leader for sure.

But I'll take the new blood approach and vote for Mr. Nichols.

Shake it up folks!

Lucky
To: Council of Zoners

The ZTC would like to cast its vote by proxy because Dr. Werner Mazursky cannot vote due to force majeure. Does any reason speak against it?

' Wrote:To: Council of Zoners

The ZTC would like to cast its vote by proxy because Dr. Werner Mazursky cannot vote due to force majeure. Does any reason speak against it?

Comm ID: Malaclypse

The Chair has no objection, Ms. Salome. Please give our best wishes to Brother Werner.
[Comm ID: Coriko Lameos]

I wish to state my viewpoints, not only because requested for the purposes of this election, but also to assist in dealing with the circumstances at hand.

Firstly, the Corsair situation in Omega 49. For a long time the Corsairs have been employed to be a protection force, however, in recent times it appears they are doing the exact opposite of this, attacking our guests, and our brethren. Furthermore, what do we require protection from these days? The Bretonians are aware of Omega 49, but are largely busy elsewhere. There were a few of the Bretonian Armed Forces in this system yesterday assisting our various guests against a terrorist threat. I believe that they provided a more substantial offensive than the corsairs already located on the planet. Therefore, as the Corsairs seem to not be providing an inferior service than contracted, they need to either improve, or lose the housing they are provided on Gran Canaria.

Regarding No-Fire-Zones, I believe each station needs to be assessed individually, to ascertain which stations require protection. Certain Freeports are under threat regularly from nomadic forces, these should be our top priority for protection.

A No-Fire-Zone is quite worthless if it cannot be enforced, thus we must decide how our protection forces can be distributed before setting rules we cannot support with action.

I also propose that if the Corsairs remain, we should declare all of the inhabitants of Omega 49 protected. In this space they must respect one another, as all are our guests. As Mr Nichols rightly said, this is our space. We are a free peoples, respectful of one another as individuals, and in our space, as on freeports, this must be upheld.

Finally, I motion that the group known as the Slavers Union be disallowed from using our stations, Many of us left the House space to become 'free' from oppression and from bureaucracy. We left and became a people based around freedom. The Slavers Union are an organisation formed to do the opposite. As the founder of a moral charity opposing this practice, obviously I hold some bias, however, as Zoners, as supporters of freedom, I believe we all should.

As I am personally involved in this election the Zoners Abolishing Slavery will abstain from voting.
Comm ID: Malaclypse

I would like to remind all Registered Delegates that balloting for our new "Chairentity" will close in just over seven hours. Please exercise your franchise.

At that time, I will ask several of the Delegates to verify vote counts along with me.

Also, following the tally and installation of the new Chair, I recommend that we put forward Agenda items, so that we can prioritize the Council's urgent issues.
Comm ID: GJEUVN38V719BELHA
To: Zoner Council
ID Trace: Sebastien Coen, Freeport 9, Omicron Theta.

Displaying...

Casting vote for ZAS~ delegate, Coriko Lameos.

Transmission End.