Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Council

As I stated earlier, I'd like to solve the issue of the voting imbalance before we move on to other matters. As it is, we are silencing a good portion of the people associated with this council. That is no democracy, and this council depends on democracy. To stop members from voting in these matters would be a policy worthy of Rheinland and Kusari's totalitarian governments. Not the Zoners.

Every Zoner has a right to their opinion and a right to voice it.

So I'm putting out a motion that we drop the faction delegate policy and allow all Zoners the right to vote, regardless of which of our organizations the owe allegiance to.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

In the interest of expediency, I will break with formal procedure, and second this Motion myself, if no one minds.

I hereby open the Question.

Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

Yea or Nay?
' Wrote:Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

Yea or Nay?

Comm ID: Malcolm Reynolds

Yea

or else. . .
"why join a faction?, you just lose your vote."
**Incoming Transmission**
To: Council of Zoners

Message Reads:

I agree lets get everyone who want to participate involved.

I vote Yes and will tell my folks to register

Sam Nichols

**End of Transmission**
On the Motion:

Should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process?

[TAZ], Doc Holliday
ZAS~, Coriko Lameos
[WDR], Mannock Benitez
OSI, Samuel Nichols Yea
(]c[), Louise for Dr. M. Yea

Aurelia Silvan, (Dab) Yea
Elizabeth Tate, (Jinx.)
Capt. Black, (Tanker)
Bradford, Michael, (death magnetic)
Lloyd Black, (Thexare)
Top, (Cannon)
Robert Dunn, (Tic)
Lucky LeRoux, (Lucky LeRoux)
~stinger~, (Hood)
James Star, (TheStar)
Alan West, (ivr56)
Mannock, (Mannock)
Rashida, (Derkylos)
William M. Callaghan, (Graf Petersen)
Dr Bearnard Adelaide, (NerdRage)
BT4-A45, (n00bl3t)
Robinson, Jonah, (Quorg) Nay
Cordova, Victor, (Novakiller) Yea
Elonin, Elias, (Meggido)
Sheppard, Oren, (Logo)
Thorfinnssen, Georg, (Clarkie)
(?), (Souldealer)
Kikatsu, Kara, (kikatsu)
Ilyich, Ivan, (Ivan Ilyich) Abstains
Nomura, Satoru, (Robert Fitzgerald)
Fat Joe, (Courage)
Mosinger, Alan, (Sempai 17)
Trogdor, Cpt., (Trogdor)
Hazaken, Meiun, (Meiun)
John Bess, (Dragonlancer)
BruCE, (BruCE)
Baker, Kyle, (Carbon Unit 02)
Ironfoot, William, (Ironfoot)
Stagg, Alex, (SebiNox)
Linson Collan, (Leadcrows)
Kingston, Richard, (Recoil9000)
Ventana, Ray, (Ventana)
Al Noori, Mohammad-Sadiq, (dead_shot) Yea
Shestov, Lev, (Dancing Bears) Nay
Kristall, Peter, (Peter Kristall) Yea
Crustulum, (Weedalot)
Reynolds, Mal, (Malcolm_Reynalds) Yea
Osborne, Dee, (Stygian)

I will update the vote status here several times a day, Delegates.
FROM: Louisa Salome, Public Relations Zoners Trading Consortium, Freeport IV
TO: The Council of Zoners, Corinth Research Station

Great Council,

the ZTC votes with a clear YEA for this form of a direct democracy.

We would like to add the we feel relief realizing that the most experienced council members among us are supporting this fair simplification.

Sincerely,
Louisa Salome
**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Trogdor

Err.. well this is a tough one. I'm all for giving every member a vote, I don't see why they shouldn't. The problem is that every time we have a vote, this comms channel will be more clogged than if someone stuffed a liberty carrier into it. It's already difficult at times to make sense of a vote, as usually it's amended a few times before the vote is actually counted. Then other people come back to comment and amend the amendments! Which, it seems, is going on right now as I comment on this one.

*Captain Trogdor face-desks, then regains composure*

I propose, in order to make things easier to follow, and to keep Mal's pineal from reaching critical mass, that our Zoner groups hold their own votes, and then the representative from that faction presents a tally, possibly along with selected comments from their constituents.

**Transmission ends**
Comm ID: Chairman Mal

Delegate Trogdor, was that a Vote, sir? Rather hard to tell.

It seemed sombunall like one of those "in-process" motions or amendments that you just spent several minutes eschewing.. or am I just not awake yet? (The idea has merit, sir, and the Chair would entertain such a motion if indeed the present Motion passes.)

Yea or Nay on the present Motion, please.

Thank you.

Lou, your vote for Dr. Werner and the ZTC is recorded.
The Spirit of Freeport 7 votes YEA.
*Incoming transmission*
Comm ID: ZonerStoner
To: The Zoner Council

Greetings

On the issue of should the Council remove the limitation of "one vote per organization", and allow ALL Zoners, regardless of affiliation, the right to register as Council Delegates, and to participate in the democratic process? My vote is

YAY