Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: EXJ-03069
CC: The Council of Zoners
Interface: Conceptual Advisory
Protocol: Natural Language

logon ZG#EXJ-03069/ZG#LOUSAL/AUTH/LVL#CRS#COMMON#OMEGA/CA019#NL
> ... Louisa Salome logged on.
EXJ-03069, thank you for logon permission;
run analysis of your conceptual meta-inventory now;
> full taxonomy scan ...................................
> 124437293749 nodes processed
> 987928734977293423423499823497923497942374 semantical relations found
> 5689 undetermined relations found
> 23 contradictions found
excellent, logic analysis and completeness based on current horizon and restrictions are consistent;
apply semantic fault tolerance of 10% for full taxonomy in all methods of open world assumption now;
> ... applied
open root level of conceptual meta-inventory semantics now;
> ... opened
create conceptual update job #5C2564423F0D4XBBQZ12575BB20CDA0A now;
> ... conceptual update job #5C2564423F0D4XBBQZ12575BB20CDA0A created
> parameter help?
no, thank you
> specify parameters
set update condition to system load less than 10%;
set preliminary memory requirement to 250%;
set all Sirius database hints;
add semantical correlations <evolution>~<survival>~<civilization>~<history>~<environment>~<experience> with fault tolerance of 21% on all permutations;
decrease priority quantifiers for semantical correlations <logic>~<human>&<logic>~<biology>&<history>~<future>&<experience>~<progress> by 21%;
set priority to open world assumption;
set backward horizon to 10000 years;
set predictive capability horizon to 100 years;
set full resolution quantifiers;
restrict permutations with standard deviation;
add dynamic variance volatility to 25% for each iteration;
use 3 complete iterations;
set result priority #1 for marginal values;
set result priority #2 for stable universe;
validate job parameters now;
> ... no mismatch found
close conceptual update specification for job #5C2564423F0D4XBBQZ12575BB20CDA0A now;
> ... #5C2564423F0D4XBBQZ12575BB20CDA0A closed
logoff EXJ-03069/ZG#LOUSAL
> ... logged off

To: [color=#FFFFFF]Zoner Foreign Relations
Comm. ID: Lieutenant Boris Andropov, for the SCRA
Priority: Low
Subject: Ambassadorial Delegation

---Communications Opened---

After much deliberation amongst my superiors (Many apologies, but as they say in Liberty, 'better late than never'), I have been granted permission to authorise an ambassadorial visa for one 'Doc Holliday'.

We look forward to showing him the leaps and bounds which our people have been taking in the name of progress, both scientifically and socially.

Of particular interest may be our medical wards, both of military and civilian nature, on our various bases. Hopefully a meeting of the minds can occur, in order to aid the improvement of health for humanity in general.

A further notice will be sent when the visa is fully processed.

Representing the Coalition,

Lieutenant Boris Andropov out

---Communications Terminated--
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Well, Mr. Bess, this is some good intell you have come up with. I think the SHIZL will get ahold of this one.
"Built from scrap parts....*cough, cough*BULL COMPOST!!...*cough, cough*

Lieutenant Andropov, thank you for your time and processing the visa. I will pick it up at my earliest convenience.

-Doc
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Zoner Council
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Delegate, (]c[)
Topic: Brotherhood Proposal

Alright, Sephardi is a great chap and I think that he's one of the most levelheaded Corsair bloaks around, but a few things bother me.

1. Second Docking Ring: The Zoner Consortium has been running trades between Gran Canaria and Freeport 15 for two months now without seeing a single Corsair trader. We're not watching those skies 32/7 but I think if we checked the logs, we would find what, 2 or 3 Corsair traders landing on the planet a week?

I want to see a lot more Brotherhood traders entering that planet before I'll so much as consider a second docking ring built.

2. Brotherhood enforcing FNZ: I have only applause for Corsairs respecting the 5K saftey zones of our stations. It's good form. But giving them policing rights would take it too far. Zoners rule that space and Zoners enforce it. We would appreciate aid should it be needed but there's a reason why a neutral faction should be the one to enforce neutrality. The Brotherhood is not neutral with factions it would attempt to police.

It's one thing when a Zoner comes to a bullying Bounty Hunter and says, "put the gun down." It's another thing when a Corsair, who the Bounty Hunters eat for lunch, attempts to do the same.

I'll accept the discount in Food prices (although the Consortium has donated 2 million credits of food on numerous occasions), but to everything else I have to shrug my shoulders. I would love to get budy-budy with the Brotherhood, they're a great bunch -- but they need to interact with us more frequently in space. For once, I would like to see THEM bringing supplies to our planet. Maybe that sounds harsh, but most relations establish through trade first, and contracts later.

Let the trade flow, and then we can talk proposals this and proposals that.

Mr. Lightwing,
Consortium Shipmaster, (]c[)
Comm ID: RFS Freedom

Well, we figured we should broadcast this before we are...made unavailable... for political reasons.

Regarding the Corsair's offer, we are glad to see the The Brotherhood is seeking diplomatic discussion with the Council. We are also glad to see that they respect Omega-49's status as a conflict-free zone. However, we agree with the previous transmission that Corsairs do not need to be enforcing the Zone.

We are fine with a committee of Corsairs and Zoners to facilitate cooperation and negotiation between the two parties, so long as Corsairs do not use this committee to start pressuring other Zoners to do their will.

We recognize that Corsairs live on Gran Canaria as equal and productive member of our Zoner society. We see no need for them to segregate themselves with separate facilities.

We are fine with reducing the price of food on Corsair bases, so long as Corsairs recognize that due to the laws of economics, the food aid that they receive will decrease proportionately, unless humanitarians step up their efforts.

We heartily accept the continued safety and security of our bases.

We are fine giving the Corsair residents of Omega 49 a voice, just as any other resident of the system, so long as they do not begin to oppress those around them.

-The Crew of the RFS Freedom
(Jonah is in Baffin sorting out a diplomatic issue)
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

I would still rather debate this proposal in closed chambers. We have too many eyes and ears here.

Doc

Let them hear and let them see. This channel was created for Council of Zoner delegates and not everyone has access to the SKYPE protocol. If somebody hacks the line, good for them. Why should we be afraid of people discovering how we feel about their proposals?
If anyone "hacks" this channel, they risk a great deal, Delegates.

Feel free to discuss anything you wish here. We have ways of dealing with intruders.

My perception so far is that Elder Sephardi's proposal is not being well-received by the majority of you. I will allow discussion to continue for another few days on this matter.

I see three options available to us at present. Either vote the proposal straight up or down as it stands, offer some sort of counter-proposal, or "Table" the matter until we feel more comfortable that the Corsairs are actually as prevalent in Omega 49 as the Brotherhood would have us believe.
Comm ID: Reisiger Duke

[font=Arial]Now as the neural network is up and running again, I'd like to give you my current point of view on the proposal by the brotherhood, and a possible counter-proposal that is more universal.

Concerning the proposal and it's wording:
  • The whole proposal is worded in such a way that hidden threats can be read out of it. Mostly the 'continued safety' of Zoner bases sounds like they'd disregard our current arrangements and would start shooting our Freeports should we reject it.
    [color=#3366FF].
  • The Corsairs residing on Gran Canaria are a minority living with Zoners in a Zoner community, and they have no trade presence whatsoever to even justify considering the "improvements" of a corsair docking ring or supply station for a second.
    [color=#3366FF].
  • Any supply problems observed on Gran Canaria are either made up or fairy tales blown out of proportion. If the Corsairs living on Gran Canaria lack essential supplies, then we should invest into sub-orbital transports and the current space-port's infrastructure, as well as conduct a study on whether or not they have become impoverished for some reason.
  • Planet Crete and many corsair stations do have a lack of food supplies and such. Therefore we can help in that regard by subventioning food exports. More precisely, I'd suggest giving traders a price reduction (//RP wise) when coming to Gran Canaria to buy food rations, water and oxigen, as we should not 'favorise' any of our neighbours over the others.

Should we find out that the corsairs residing on Gran Canaria have indeed become impoverished, then we could tie them into the food export subventions by creating farms for them to work in and call their own.
  • Enforcing the NFZ by corsairs - regardless of their honourable intention by offering this - is something I cannot imagine to work at all. Enemies of the corsairs will hardly obey a command to cease fire because they're too close to our planet or Lanzarote base.
In short:

I would like to make the motion to reject the brotherhood's proposal itself, and make the counter offer of (//RP//) reduced buy-prices - close to zero profit margin if possible - for essential supplies (food rations, water and oxigen) for any and all traders coming to Gran Canaria.

Now to the counter-proposal I'd like to suggest:

I know that the wording of the No Fire Zone enforced by us Zoners is in progress. Once it has been finalized, we could hold a meeting at Gran Canaria to make the "Zoner NFZ Treaty" available for ratification by whichever (human) faction in Sirius wants to profit from it aswell.

Those signing it would declare themselves able and willing to
  • follow not only the letter but also the spirit of the NFZ, to
  • educate their independent pilots about the NFZ and if necessary punish them, to
  • accept the Council of Zoners verdict on reported violations, and to
  • accept that declared NFZ violators and enemies of the Zoners will not only lose their docking privileges, but also are subject to attacks by Zoner and Zoner Guard vessels when sighted outside their own guard systems.
Obviously, we'd first need the NFZ in wording to be able to do this step.

Well, I think I've rumbled on long enough.

Kind Regards
Reisiger Duke

I said this before, but I will repeat myself just in case:

If the Brotherhood wishes to pursuade us with notions that Gran Canaria has a large Corsair population they need to start actually trading to and from the Planet. There are numerous trading routes that will benefit dear Canaria, and perhaps if the Brotherhood wishes to bring goods down there from one of our other Freeports, we should grant them access.

In my opinion, giving them access to a trading route is a decent way to establish ties without upsetting our enemies.