Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Message to: Zoner Council
Comm ID: Malaclypse

My, folk, that little diatribe from Dejesus was very high-sounding, wasn't it?

I especiially liked the bit about "our Kusari". I must have missed that bit of news while on retreat.

So.. the so-called "bounty" was merely a vague rumor; yet this "SIC" chooses to barge into our frequencies, and act like the entire Zoner population is responsible for one implied threat to one NovaPG member. I am somewhat disappointed. I had truly given the NovaPg's High Command credit for more intelligence than this.

Captain Willis, if you are monitoring these frequencies, I implore you to speak with one voice regarding your Faction's position. Threats will not advance anyone's agenda. If this Dejesus fellow has some opinions, then let him express them to you. We don't wish to hear them. I have offerred personally to meet with you, Captain, and will still do so. I will not however give any credence to threats from your underlings.

I will again stress that this is a matter between the Zoner Republic and the NovaPg. While the Council of Zoners was created to formulate internal policy, it is not in a position to dictate demands, or conversely, to acquiesce to demands, from either party. My recommendation to the Council Members is that no action is required by the Council at this time.

' Wrote:Message to: Zoner Council

My, folk, that little diatribe from Dejesus was very high-sounding, wasn't it?

I especiially liked the bit about "our Kusari". I must have missed that bit of news while on retreat.

So.. the so-called "bounty" was merely a vague rumor; yet this "SIC" chooses to barge into our frequencies, and act like the entire Zoner population is responsible for one implied threat to one NovaPG member. I am somewhat disappointed. I had truly given the NovaPg's High Command credit for more intelligence than this.

Captain Willis, if you are monitoring these frequencies, I implore you to speak with one voice regarding your Faction's position. Threats will not advance anyone's agenda. If this Dejesus fellow has some opinions, then let him express them to you. We don't wish to hear them. I have offerred personally to meet with you, Captain, and will still do so. I will not however give any credence to threats from your underlings.

I will again stress that this is a matter between the Zoner Republic and the NovaPg. While the Council of Zoners was created to formulate internal policy, it is not in a position to dictate demands, or conversely, to acquiesce to demands, from either party. My recommendation to the Council Members is that no action is required by the Council at this time.

' Wrote:Message to: Dejesus

Sir,

I cannot speak for the Zoner Republic, nor for the Council of Zoners.

However, I can and will speak for the TAZ; and, I will ONLY speak to your superior, Captain Willis.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Regards,
Malaclypse

**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Bruce "Die Hard" Willis Of The Kana Keiko.

To: Malaclypse and the Zoner Council

Sir i was the one who requested Dejesus to post for me, i was visiting the family and have had the best blood dragon beer available, Sir Make no mistake the TAZ have free and undisrupted space travel in my areas, and you have always, but the NovaPG see you Malaclypse as the voice of reason for the Zoners,

As of this day the ZR have 5 days to respond to the questions i want answers too, Or i will place them on our Kill on sight list.

I will ask you Now Malaclypse get your council to force sanctions on them or kick them from the council, i dont want to bring our forces to Baffin and blockade it, but as you have seen in our past we will do it. and before you say it i know baffin is not their home base but my scouts have seen them there.

Peace be with you Malaclypse on the eve of this new year.

Bruce Willis Out....................

**Transmission Ended****
Humph...ZR, these upstarts are newer than my socks and now somehow the Mighty NovaPG (tried and true, mighty opponents) have been swtted like a hornets nest and they expect US to do ....Ok, well Mal to THEIR diplomacy? Sorry Captain Willis, having overheard this, and seen firsthand your men in Baffin. Polite as you were, I don't see any reason for you to threaten US. As even YOU said, its ZR, not ZC, TAZ, AW or any of that. That would be like me blaming NovaPG for Telicasters movements and actions. Absolutely absurd. Maybe I have had a few too few hours sleep, maybe it the great deal of bubbler hits I've done with Tequila backers. But thats rediculous man. *Hi-cup* Can't we all just hit the bong?
A muted thud can be heard before the comm link is broke.
to: council of zoners

"interesting times, i might even fly to Gran Canaria personally. I am very interested in how we solve this little argument, very interested indeed in how the factions react. But i will say it again: Don t make a fuss about it, - don t blow that issue up so much, drama is not what solves the problem.

Like i said before, the pirate in question had every right to tax the zoner trader, - the zoner trader had the same right to put a bounty on his head. leave it to that and everything will be fine. i am sure a faction like the blood dragons that - as far as i know, is short on supplies and pilots is not too interested in starting a war with a faction half across the whole sirius sector.

Put the issue down and forget about it as good as you can and do not unleash a war. Ambitions to shape the face of sirius are good, but do not shape it with your guns. If the NovaPG sets foot into 49 or baffin, having murder in their minds, the TAZ will not stand alone - if they ask for help.

Jinx out"

//ooc : is the [ZR] an official faction by now - btw?
*** Incoming ***

Quoting from Citizen Amon
"
Today doing one of my routes i was halted and demanded to pay 2 million credits by a NovaPG member Tatsuo, the screens i took speak for themselves:

[Screens]

It appear the NovaPG, or maybe just some of their member enjoy depriving the Kusari higher classes of their diamond necklaces and rings, i hope he enjoys being deprived of his mini razor or his VIII armor next time he visits a Freeport.

I have notified my fellow Citizens of this, and I'm now notifying the Council as well.
"

Above is the original communication from Citizen Amon, is there any claim that a bounty would be placed ? i don't see one, and have i not referred the prohibition of putting or claiming bounties as one of our internal Laws.
So conclusively no bounty is in effect or our part or ever will be, either for NovaPG or any other group.
We have ALL the documentation in relation to this encounter, it's available for public consultation. There is so such claim, we don't call other liars and don't enjoy receiving the title too, so I'd like to see the matter of the "bounty" closed, everything else related to this "bounty" subject is nothing else but warmongery.

We reserve the right to protect our unarmed ships against hostile actions, as do all sentient creatures in the universe, but for that we employ our ships and those of the allies who wish to join us.

Like i said in my previous message, I again ask the efforts of Malaclypse and Telkor to mediate this situation, our intentions are freedom of movement and of trade nothing else.

As a side note, Wanchu.Pinchu should double check his words, it was we the "upstarts" who cleared the Magellan route for TAZ traders when of the En'Rath and his gang were mercilessly taxing and destroying Zoners ships, we did this with loss of blood both ours and the STC all in the interests of the Zoner Community, so quite frankly I'm embarrassed by his lack of solidarity in the issue.
We do not wish to compromise any of the present relations between the TAZ or any other group or individual and the NovaPG, we simply ask for your solidarity and mediation, the same you can ask of us unconditionally.

rec. 7421AF76
Sommerset, ZR Citizen

*** End ***

//ooc the [ZR] is indeed an official faction
Message to: Council of Zoners Comms
Comm ID: Malaclypse, the Taus

Citizen Sommerset, your efforts in the En'Rath matter are duly noted. Forgive Cid's zeal.. he has been away for awhile, and may not have been fully apprised of ZR's contribution. However, in his defense, Cid has done yeoman's duty in watching over Baffin since his return. His handling of the recent NovaPg "mapping" visit to Baffin was exemplary. Let's put any ruffled feathers to rest, shall we?

Madam Tate, the Council is currently in "Virtual Session", so there would really be no point in your flying that planet-sized boat of yours over to Canaria. Thank you for the kind offer, however.

To the Council Members at large: There seems to be a deadline looming, gentlefolk. Due to this, I will offer my services as intermediary between Captain Willis and Citizen Sommerset.

Here are my conditions: If suitable agreements can not be reached over private frequencies ((read Skype, Snowm..??), then I will offer Baffin as a neutral meeting place for direct negotiations once the current massive Sector-wide storms have abated.

If direct talks are found to be required, Baffin will be closed for these meetings. Joint patrols of the TAZ, NovaPG, and ZR can hopefully hold their horses and blockade the entrances in Tau 29 and Coronado, allowing no traffic through or in Baffin.

Only the Kana Kieko, the Malaclypse, and a ship of Citizen Sommerset's choosing will be allowed inside Baffin during these talks.

I offer this out of a hope for some ongoing understanding between the ZR and NovaPg; and to spare the Council of Zoners the need for further debate, or for making a decision which would not be binding on any of the parties.

I will await contact from Captain Willis and Citizen Sommerset on my offer.

23's,
Mal, for the TAZ
' Wrote:Message to: Council of Zoners Comms
Comm ID: Malaclypse, the Taus

Citizen Sommerset, your efforts in the En'Rath matter are duly noted. Forgive Cid's zeal.. he has been away for awhile, and may not have been fully apprised of ZR's contribution. However, in his defense, Cid has done yeoman's duty in watching over Baffin since his return. His handling of the recent NovaPg "mapping" visit to Baffin was exemplary. Let's put any ruffled feathers to rest, shall we?

Madam Tate, the Council is currently in "Virtual Session", so there would really be no point in your flying that planet-sized boat of yours over to Canaria. Thank you for the kind offer, however.

To the Council Members at large: There seems to be a deadline looming, gentlefolk. Due to this, I will offer my services as intermediary between Captain Willis and Citizen Sommerset.

Here are my conditions: If suitable agreements can not be reached over private frequencies ((read Skype, Snowm..??), then I will offer Baffin as a neutral meeting place for direct negotiations once the current massive Sector-wide storms have abated.

If direct talks are found to be required, Baffin will be closed for these meetings. Joint patrols of the TAZ, NovaPG, and ZR can hopefully hold their horses and blockade the entrances in Tau 29 and Coronado, allowing no traffic through or in Baffin.

Only the Kana Kieko, the Malaclypse, and a ship of Citizen Sommerset's choosing will be allowed inside Baffin during these talks.

I offer this out of a hope for some ongoing understanding between the ZR and NovaPg; and to spare the Council of Zoners the need for further debate, or for making a decision which would not be binding on any of the parties.

I will await contact from Captain Willis and Citizen Sommerset on my offer.

23's,
Mal, for the TAZ

**Incoming Transmission**
Comm ID: Captain Bruce "Die Hard" Willis Of The Kana Keiko.

To Malaclypse And the Council

This i assure you, i will bring the NovaPG fleet to Baffin and protect all Jump Holes, then i will speak on behalf of peace to the Zoners and The ZR,

But like all factions massive Sector-wide storms we are all grounded due to these solar storms.

Again Malaclypse you do the Taz and the Zoners Proud.

Die Hard Out.............

** transmission Ended****
Message to: Council of Zoners
CC: TAZ Message Dump
Comm ID: Skyelius

Ahoy, members of the Zoner Council! You have waited some time for this transmission, but business stood in my way. Now that a lot of things are now dealt with, Im interested in discussing certain Zoner issues that trouble and discomfort me, hence latest decisions Ive been forced to take. First of all, it is a known fact through Sirius that you Zoners have broken ties with most of the organized and complex parts of the four major houses, and have chosen to live in the Wild and unregulated systems outside of what are the core house systems, thus being free of problems that are typical to organizations or factions that live in those areas. You trade and strive to maintain a lucrative yet neutral status towards the rest of Sirius, and benefit from natural effects and rights that come with such neutrality.

A small contingent of your brethren, however, has not been acting according to these ideals, ideals which have for a long time been adopted as your general traits and way of life. A few traders and other people who have since long worked to make their fortune and presence as corporate or enterprising individuals, paint themselves as one of your own, and hope to be protected by your vest of neutrality. They dont worry about your diplomatic relations, traditions or code of conduct; they dare to cross the border into the inner systems, not considering real the real Zoners actions, and invade those organized and regulated systems, which you scarcely visit. Of course, your ancestors knew exactly why they settled in the border and edge worlds, and through their ideals formed what is now you society. These false Zoners do not abide by those rules, and hope to pass safe and unhindered through pirate systems and house inner and outer systems.

I understand TAZ, ZR and most concrete Zoner factions have their reasons to sometimes enter these systems and trade as free, sovereign citizens of Sirius, but the careless, greedy traders are constantly found in areas not meant for your kind, and most were indeed free traders until they learned of your vest of neutrality, and hope to squeeze its benefits. There is a saying, however, which tells us that with certain benefits or powers comes a number of a responsibility or codes to follow, and if they really want to be Zoners and honor real Zoner ways, they should accept the consequences and obligations of doing so.

I bring this subject to you with the hope of cleansing your society of these faux Zoners, and protect your best interests, as well as enter lucrative business and friendly relations with your group. I suggest you limit or ban non-organized Zoner trading, thus making your better-suited factions like TAZ or ZR as your main contingent of Zoners who can freely visit some house systems to trade and help your society make your way up in business and limited enterprise.

This is an open matter and should perhaps be brought up to the Sirius High Council, after being thoroughly discussed by your leaders. I hope we can solve this situation as soon as possible, and protect what your fathers and grandfathers have worked hard to create.

Sincerely,
Capt. Skyelius
-----Incoming Message-----
Comm Identification : Vendhyan

I would like to bring a grave matter to the councils attention.
Today in New York system on a open communications channel [SA]Christina
declared all TAZ members KOS (Kill on Sight) for aiding terrorists in Liberty space.

Here is what i gathered from being a spectator:
[TAZ]Wanchu.Pinchu offloaded his full cargo hold into space for unknown reasons near
a ongoing fight between the Phantoms & Xenos Vs. LSF, SA & unkowns Merc's.
[Phantom]Onyx tractored in batts and bots discharged by said TAZ member.
SA saw this as a gesture of aid towards the Phantoms.

[SA]Christina's log can be found here.

Quote:Which brings me, not so smoothly, to my next port of call. Observe closely, a new order is to be followed unless countermanded directly by Fleet Admiral Woolsey:
All [TAZ] tagged ships are to be shot on sight from now on.
Charge: Aiding an organized Terrorist group(s) against the Liberty Naval Forces and the Liberty Security Force in open combat by means of ejecting nanobots and/or shield batteries into the field.
Evidence presented in prosecution: Eye witnesses; Myself, LSF agent Liquid, Lieutenant Jason Launders, LSF agent Pluto and LSF agent Serpico.
Evidence presented in defense: N/A
Preliminary verdict: Guilty.
Sentence: Kill on Sight for all TAZ vessels for the foreseeable future.
Notes: The [TAZ] member in question was [TAZ]Wanchu.Pinchu who represents the Temporary Autonomous Zoners. These actions denote the punishment as listed above.

-----transmission terminated-----
Open Transmission
Comm ID:Patric Sinclare

Firstly,I wloud like to Greet all the members of the Council,and excuse for my abstance,because I am needed at my homestation for the moment.I see our Brother brought a veary important Matter on disscusion.I wloud not like for people to have prejudice towards Zoners because some loose cannons.
I whis for TAZ to appologize for this incident to SA,to make proper penalty for that Pilot,and remain the Neutrality to both sides.

Also I invite SA Representetive to join this channel for Discussion.

Regards,Patric Sinclare out.