Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council of Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Current Vote Tally:

Capt. Jonathan Archer (4)
Sister Aurelia Silvan (2)
Dr. Werner Mazursky (1)
Samuel Nichols (2)
Malaclypse 666 (1)
Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Council of Zoners
Subject: Vote
Opening link...

As long-winded as she may be - and she is, extremely - I'd have to say Aurelia is the best choice. You did a good enough job Mal, but you confuse the hell out of me.

Link terminated. Closing...

Edit: Then Goddess is pleased. Recorded. Mal
To: Council of Zoners
Topic: vote

[font=Palatino Linotype]
Dear Sirs/Madams,

On behalf of the Zoners Trading Consortium I would like to put my vote on Captain Archer.

By this occasion let me express my hope that our Council remains successfull in keeping the balance between efficient protection of our bases and keeping good relations with our neighbours these turbulent days. This balance is of a very high priority from the point of view of the faction I represent.

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Werner Mazursky
CEO, board member
Zoners Trading Consortium
COM ID: [TAZ]Kyte

TO: COZ

RE: VOTE

Most warm greetings,

Rather than clutter up the proceedings, I shall keep it simple.

My vote is for Mal.

Humbly,

Kyte
Current Vote Tally:

Capt. Jonathan Archer (5)
Sister Aurelia Silvan (2)
Dr. Werner Mazursky (1)
Samuel Nichols (2)
Malaclypse 666 (2)
Abstentions (1)
Unconscious (38)
[Comm ID:Coriko Lameos, Delegate for the Zoners Abolishing Slavery]

Greetings fellow council members,
I am aware some of you disagree with our operations, and so wish to hear what the delegates opinions and intentions regarding our project are before casting our vote.

More than 25,000 individuals have passed through our rehabilitation program, thats over 25,000 lives saved. I firmly believe that the next spokesperson of the council needs to be aligned with our ideologies for the greater good.

Until this is determined we humbly abstain,
Lameos

Edit: Abstention recorded. And yes, there are 51 registered Delegates.. Rather a poor ballot performance so far, wouldn't you say? Dis.
Comm ID: Malaclypse

An opinion on slavery, or the practice of same?

We are all slaves to the chains of our own tunnel realities. Sombunall of us just wear the chains more gracefully.

How's that?

Mal
**Incoming Transmission**

To:Corinth Station, council of zoners,
From Samuel Nichols - CEO Omicron Supply Industries

A hologram flickers in to the council chamber. Samuel Nichols can be seen at the helm of his flag ship OSI-Integrity.
He hit a button on his console and looks up at the delegates

Since a delegate asked I'll answer. I abhor slavery. As a zoner I live my life as I see fit and think all sentient beings should be allowed to do the same. Unfortunately there are some harsh realities in the world we live in. As Mal has pointed out we are all slaves in out own way. Our life dictated by our circumstances. There are also many different degrees of slavery. Some folks are caught up by crooked companies and have to work a life of toil, for no wages. Others find themselves sinking slowly deeper and deeper in debt to those they work for and need to continue to do so for longer and longer time to pay that debt off. Others are just too silly to take better opportunities when they arise.

Now after reading a bit of what you are about, you are trying to rescue those that have no choice in their plight. The worst case in my above examples. I commend your efforts to make a change in these folks lives and each life saved is a blessing. While actually abolishing slavery across Sirius, may be a task too daunting, you are at least trying. I say continue in those efforts and maybe one day everyone will see slavery for what it is.

Now I am not trying to curry the Delegate's favor, I am just stating my opinion on the matter, as was requested.

Samuel reaches off camera and retrieves a cup of coffee and sips.

On that note I have to navigate this asteroid field good day to you all.

The hologram shuts off and the link terminates

**End of Transmission**

[Image: SamuelNicholsOSIsig01sm.jpg]
Comm ID: J.Archer
Commander of the Alcmaria Vitrix,
Gaurd of Freeport 1.

Greetings,

sir Nichols, I totally agree with what you said about slaves and slavery,
also I agree with Mal, we are slaves of our own reality, dreams are gateways to freedom, but I don't say I accept people who are captured and forced into slavery, that is bad for business, but still thousands of men
and woman are forced into poor labor for some governments to fuel some propaganda machines, for now I leave it at this point.

an small reminder to all Delegates,

Vote for the person who is able and wise enough to handle and act as an chairman

J Archer out.
Comm ID: Mama Dis, Ex-officio Chairglobe, CoZ

Well, Delegates, this is rather disappointing.

Many of our Members do not seem interested in this very important election. Sounds remiscent of primates throughout history.. "Let someone else worry about it."..

For that reason, I am hereby placing a deadline of Midnight Friday, SMT, for the casting of votes. Those Delegates who cannot be bothered to vote by that time will be removed from the rolls of this Council, and from the Zoner Registry. I may have all century, but the Zoner Community does not.

You have been notified. either exercise the priviledge and responsibility of your position, or lose that priviledge.

Not amused,
Dis